In-state UIC (UPR Track) vs. RFU-CMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MDWannabe2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been accepted at both schools and am having a tough time choosing where to go. I know UIC is ranked a lot better, but I was looking forward to rotating in Chicago hospitals and being in the Chicagoland area throughout med school. In terms of $$, I would probably live with my folks if I went to RFU, so the two schools would end up costing about the same amount. I feel that I may be happier at RFU, but don't know if their reputation could come back to hurt me in the future. Any thoughts on my situation, I know this topic has been discussed before. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like you know that RFU is not actually in Chicago, so you're not getting much of an advantage there, and keep in mind that I may be spending OOS tuition to go UPR track (if I don't get in my waitlist schools, including state school, and since I decided not to appeal to Chicago cuz the cheaper cost of living would bring down the amount of loans I'd need to take); I would say go UIC, better reputation and obviously the cost will be lower (I highly doubt they would even out, since in UPR cost of living is also low on top of in-state tuition)

I vote UIC... WAY better school, and as in state isn't too bad in terms of cost. You can always do aways your fourth year in Chicago!

Status
Not open for further replies.