2023-2024 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else still not heard anything or had a change on their portal?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m praying too since submitting my app in June. I’m still apparently being reviewed.

Already got the boot from Oregon though.

Did you get secondarys from both schools? I'm literally still radio silence pre-secondary lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get secondarys from both schools? I'm literally still radio silence pre-secondary lol
Officially radio silence on both, but Lebanon’s admin director told me I’m DOA for her school.

Pomona is still under review though.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got another Application Still with Admissions email this morning…

Reactions: 5 users
Is it safe to assume that westernu prioritizes students with higher stats and less on community service and clinical experience?

why would you assume this? I feel like we have no clue really.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi! Can anyone give me an estimation of how long the MMI takes? I'm working full time so I want to estimate if it's something I need to take leave for the entire morning of it ranges from 30minutes to a hour so I can schedule it during my lunch break? Thank you!!

Hi! Can anyone give me an estimation of how long the MMI takes? I'm working full time so I want to estimate if it's something I need to take leave for the entire morning of it ranges from 30minutes to a hour so I can schedule it during my lunch break? Thank you!!
I don't think you get to choose the exact time for your MMI but you will need to be dressed up for it if that affects your scheduling.
Read @postmix 's posts for a description of how long all the parts of the interview took.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you get to choose the exact time for your MMI but you will need to be dressed up for it if that affects your scheduling.
Read @postmix 's posts for a description of how long all the parts of the interview took.
Thank you! They actually have their MMI on a different day so I have the start time but I wasn't sure how long it would run if that makes sense.

Hey! I did the MMI two weeks ago. It only takes 30 min. You show up they give you some instructions, and then you go to your two standardized patient interactions and they're each 5 min, with about 2 min time to read each prompt. Mine was at 10 and I was done by 10:30. It's quick. Good luck tomorrow :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I did the MMI two weeks ago. It only takes 30 min. You show up they give you some instructions, and then you go to your two standardized patient interactions and they're each 5 min, with about 2 min time to read each prompt. Mine was at 10 and I was done by 10:30. It's quick. Good luck tomorrow :)
Thank you so much!

Any word from the second group of interviews? Still waiting and it’s driving me insane.

my portal changed and says "status: awaiting details: reply to offer of admission 2024" DOES THIS MEAN I GOT THE A??? But it didn't give me any notification / no hyperlink

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
oh shoot. I have a new item on my checklist "reply to offer of Admission 2024". 👀 I won't squeal yet. lol

Reactions: 4 users
Omggggg can anyone confirm what that means! I have the same thing with the big red X

Sorry for the late response! Congrats to everyone who got the A <3

• Care
Did anyone else get the "Application Still Under Consideration by the Admissions Committee" e-mail? Submitted mid June. IS

Did anyone else get the "Application Still Under Consideration by the Admissions Committee" e-mail? Submitted mid June. IS
Yeah, unfortunately, they don't mean anything, and they send them out randomly.

For those who got a decision, how long did it take to receive the decision post interview?

For those who got a decision, how long did it take to receive the decision post interview?
exactly 2 weeks. The interview has two parts, one on Tuesday or Thursday and the other on Friday. It seems it's two Fridays later.

Anyone else in the first or second interview cohort not hear anything back yet? 🥶

I JUST GOT THE CALL FOR AN A!!!! My interview was 12 days ago :) This was my dream school

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
anyone who finished interviewing 10/6 not hear back yet?
I haven't heard back yet but it seems early still. I think more will hear back on Friday just because the last two admissions results seemed to be given out by then.

For those who interviewed, what was your timeline like from secondary submission to interview invite/decision from interview? :)

For those who interviewed, what was your timeline like from secondary submission to interview invite/decision from interview? :)
Well haven't received a decision yet.. but here is my timeline.
Secondary Received & Completed: 08/30
Interview Invite: 09/12
Interviewed: 10/12 & 10/13