2023-2024 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i just got the A call! 1/17 interview

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the acceptance call! I cannot believe it! I’m gonna be a doctor!

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted (in state, 505 mcat, 3.45 sGPA)

see you all in a few months!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats guys! Still waiting for a secondary invite. Hopefully one is in my future!

Anyone know the structure of the interview? I got an email saying there will be two interviewers, and it will be a 45 minute interview. Does that mean two one-on-one interviews or one 45 minute interview with two interviewers? Any MMI-style stations?

Anyone know the structure of the interview? I got an email saying there will be two interviewers, and it will be a 45 minute interview. Does that mean two one-on-one interviews or one 45 minute interview with two interviewers? Any MMI-style stations?
two interviewers, 1 application based so like stuff about ur experiences/essays, and 1 mmi based. both 1 on 1 and total 45 min

two interviewers, 1 application based so like stuff about ur experiences/essays, and 1 mmi based. both 1 on 1 and total 45 min
Thank you for the information! Much appreciated. Is the MMI-based interview just going through CASPER-like scenarios?

sort of yea! scenario based stuff
Thank you! I have never done an MMI-type interview so I am a bit nervous. I did to well on the Casper exam, though. I did do some research. I'm assuming the interviewer reads you a scenario and you just go through your thought process and answer verbally. It's difficult to have stations with one interviewer in a virtual setting, right? No acting involved?

Thank you! I have never done an MMI-type interview so I am a bit nervous. I did to well on the Casper exam, though. I did do some research. I'm assuming the interviewer reads you a scenario and you just go through your thought process and answer verbally. It's difficult to have stations with one interviewer in a virtual setting, right? No acting involved?
yeah, they describe a scenario and you give your response/opinions about it. what do you mean by stations?

There’s no stations. You go into a breakout room with your interviewer. For the mmi they just present a scenario and you describe what you’d do in that scenario.

Members don't see this ad :)
There’s no stations. You go into a breakout room with your interviewer. For the mmi they just present a scenario and you describe what you’d do in that scenario.
I see! Thank you. It sounds similar to CASPER. Is there only one scenario or multiple? I imagine multiple since it's 20-25 minutes long.

I see! Thank you. It sounds similar to CASPER. Is there only one scenario or multiple? I imagine multiple since it's 20-25 minutes long.
It’s 2 ethical scenarios that are each 10 minutes long. You have 2 min to read the prompt and then 8 minutes to answer it.

Got the A call, I almost cried at work! First A of the cycle for me!

• Love
for people accepted do you mind sharing your stats please? I'm considering retaking my mcat

Also got the acceptance call today! First A of the cycle and it feels so good!! Don't lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users
for people accepted do you mind sharing your stats please? I'm considering retaking my mcat
507; sGPA 3.7x; cGPA 3.7x; 7k+ clinical hrs; 3k+ research hrs

Last edited:
for people with an A, did your portal change?
It did, but it was after the call. I checked yesterday morning and it was the same it had been for weeks before. Last night more stuff got added to the checklist.

didn’t get a call but got the A this afternoon through email. I’m so happy🥹 thank you to everyone for all the info on these threads and wishing you all luck in the future!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who has sent a letter of intent did you mail it, email it, or was there somewhere to upload?

Anyone who has sent a letter of intent did you mail it, email it, or was there somewhere to upload?
do you mean for the waitlist? I haven't sent an LOI yet but I was planning to email it

It's not required. You might be getting PNWU confused with Western COMP-Northwest, which does require it.
Definitely not confused with the other school but I might have misread a "Schools requiring _____" incorrectly thinking that this school required it when maybe above or below it did.

Hey everyone! I am currently a first year student at PNWU. The Facebook page will be really helpful and a Slack group chat page will also be started if it hasn't been already. I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have! Congrats :)

Hey everyone! I am currently a first year student at PNWU. The Facebook page will be really helpful and a Slack group chat page will also be started if it hasn't been already. I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have! Congrats :)
Thank you! What is the slack group? Also, what do students use in terms of computers? iPads or laptops?

Thank you! What is the slack group? Also, what do students use in terms of computers? iPads or laptops?
Slack is an app where you can talk and make subgroups to chat too like "anatomy study materials" "anki decks" etc. I believe student gov will make a group in the summer and post the link on the facebook page. There are some second year student gov members in the Slack as well who answer questions. My class talks in our Slack often. people use a mix of IPads and computers for studying and exams, you can use either or both!

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the acceptance policy for Pacific Northwest. I read that they require a deposit ($1000 I think) however do they also require you to give a final answer for the acceptance within a certain timeframe?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the acceptance policy for Pacific Northwest. I read that they require a deposit ($1000 I think) however do they also require you to give a final answer for the acceptance within a certain timeframe?
So you have to accept the offer, agree to background checks, and pay the 1000 seat deposit by ~2 weeks after you receive the acceptance. The acceptance and background checks stuff will be two different pages in a 4pg email. You pay the 1K through your portal. Also I would'nt exactly call it a final decision, yeah you put the money down but I don't believe ot is binding if that is what you are worried about. If you go to another school, i believe you forefit your deposit.

So you have to accept the offer, agree to background checks, and pay the 1000 seat deposit by ~2 weeks after you receive the acceptance. The acceptance and background checks stuff will be two different pages in a 4pg email. You pay the 1K through your portal. Also I would'nt exactly call it a final decision, yeah you put the money down but I don't believe ot is binding if that is what you are worried about. If you go to another school, i believe you forefit your deposit.
Yes, and if you decide to go to the school the 1k goes towards tuition.