2023-2024 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How were your guys' interviews? Was it an intense grilling or casual vibes?

Members don't see this ad.

Retook my MCAT before interviewing - after the interview and getting waitlisted I got my score back which was lower by 2 points (498 to 496) . Is this going to hurt my chances of being pulled off the waitlist? Considering year long MCAT prep and being a re applicant since that is the weakest part of my application and I feel like my chances of getting off the waitlist have been lowered.

Retook my MCAT before interviewing - after the interview and getting waitlisted I got my score back which was lower by 2 points (498 to 496) . Is this going to hurt my chances of being pulled off the waitlist? Considering year long MCAT prep and being a re applicant since that is the weakest part of my application and I feel like my chances of getting off the waitlist have been lowered.
i might be wrong but i think they consider the highest score. you might want to call and ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows the acceptance policy for Pacific Northwest. I read that they require a deposit ($1000 I think) however do they also require you to give a final answer for the acceptance within a certain timeframe?
They require the $1000 deposit and that basically is your final answer. You are reserving your seat but you of course can pull out at any time.

How were your guys' interviews? Was it an intense grilling or casual vibes?
The open file interview was super conversational. I honestly loved my conversation with the faculty member who interviewed me! And then the MMI was as casual as it could be.

Out of curiosity, does PNWU have a mascot? :D
I previously googled this cause it’s one of the questions when you try to join the FB group. I think it’s Mustangs. but maybe a current student should confirm

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I am currently a first year student at PNWU. The Facebook page will be really helpful and a Slack group chat page will also be started if it hasn't been already. I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have! Congrats :)
Do you have any recommendations on where to live? is the PNWU housing resource page the school provides what people usually use?

Do you have any recommendations on where to live? is the PNWU housing resource page the school provides what people usually use?
Most students (like myself) live at the University Parkway Apartments right next to the campus. I have nothing but good things to say- pool, gym, new/lovely apts at a great price. You can go to the apts website to see more. However, get on the wait list NOW even if you aren't positive you're coming to the school! I went on the wait list last Jan and was offered an apt for a July move in. Other than those apts, there many wonderful houses to rent near campus and other apartments in general :) I'd say housing here isn't an issue. Also, third year students who are moving out will post on the FB page about lease takeovers as summer approaches so stay on the lookout for those too.

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an II yesterday but the earliest available spot was for April. Is the class usually full by then and are these generally for waitlist spots?

Just received an II yesterday but the earliest available spot was for April. Is the class usually full by then and are these generally for waitlist spots?
There's no information I could find about how full the class is. What I can say is that you can refresh daily and try to get an earlier spot. With rolling admissions, your chances increase if you get an earlier date. I had one in April as well, but a spot opened up in February within a week.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's no information I could find about how full the class is. What I can say is that you can refresh daily and try to get an earlier spot. With rolling admissions, your chances increase if you get an earlier date. I had one in April as well, but a spot opened up in February within a week.
Thanks for the reply. I've probably checked at least 60x since the II but nothing as of yet. Will keep trying though.

Is anyone going to the DO Second Look event on April 20th? I'm on the waitlist, but because Yakima's only a 2.5 hour drive from me I'm excited to drive over and meet the faculty and students at PNWU (with my fingers crossed I'll get off the waitlist)

Is anyone going to the DO Second Look event on April 20th? I'm on the waitlist, but because Yakima's only a 2.5 hour drive from me I'm excited to drive over and meet the faculty and students at PNWU (with my fingers crossed I'll get off the waitlist)
I am signed up to go, as well as the social hour on the 19th

I signed up to go as well, also on the waitlist

I’m going and bringing my husband too!

WL OOS. LM:70
Really bummed that I've been waitlisted everywhere.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hello, is there a student I can perhaps DM? I have a few questions about PNWU. I did attend information sessions and everything, but I was hoping to learn more about research at PNWU.

Accepted OOS! Any current PNWU students I can talk to?

Hello, is there a student I can perhaps DM? I have a few questions about PNWU. I did attend information sessions and everything, but I was hoping to learn more about research at PNWU.
Hi! OMS1 here, feel free to message me!

I have a... perhaps obvious question. How do I submit my deposit for the school? Do I submit the forms then get a portal created to pay? I don't think I have a portal created.

I have a... perhaps obvious question. How do I submit my deposit for the school? Do I submit the forms then get a portal created to pay? I don't think I have a portal created.
a self service account was made for us around the time we submitted secondaries. the email subject title is “PNWU Self Service Account”, in your acceptance letter the second page has instructions on how to use the self service account to make a deposit. if you can’t find the portal I’m sure you can ask them for a new link and your log in info

a self service account was made for us around the time we submitted secondaries. the email subject title is “PNWU Self Service Account”, in your acceptance letter the second page has instructions on how to use the self service account to make a deposit. if you can’t find the portal I’m sure you can ask them for a new link and your log in info
Found it! Wow, I can't believe I missed it. Thank you so much.

• Love
Does anyone know if they do any waitlist movement before May?

Does anyone know if they do any waitlist movement before May?
Really hard to say. There's not much official information about the WL. From previous cycles, it appears to be a ranked WL and movement usually occurs in May.

Anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate?

Click on the "applicants" tab

Do they give you time to formulate your thoughts before answering the MMI questions (like a couple mins) or is it pretty much question and then answer?

Do they give you time to formulate your thoughts before answering the MMI questions (like a couple mins) or is it pretty much question and then answer?
I don't remember if they had a designated amount of time set aside for you to think about an answer during my MMI last year but I do know that in an MMI the interviewer wants to hear your thought process so I basically spoke as thoughts came to mind and said things such as "I recognize this is a really challenging situation- if this was the case then I think it's appropriate to do XYZ, but it's also important to take into consideration family wishes etc. but at the end of the day my job as a physician is to educate and care for my pt so this is what I would do short term w/ long term goals being XYZ".

Yep! To add to megaanapple, you're given 2 minutes to mull over your thoughts. Pretty standard MMI style.

Last edited: