2023-2024 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS, Pre-II R rn

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates on how USF WL will move this year considering all Select applicants got placed on WL?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an email from them essentially asking us to send a letter of intent if we want to be accepted from the WL, or withdraw if we do not intend to attend. CORE interviewer here

Just got an email from them essentially asking us to send a letter of intent if we want to be accepted from the WL, or withdraw if we do not intend to attend. CORE interviewer here
Did not get this email, SELECT though

+1 got the email (core)

Just got the email, interviewed via select

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that has interviewed from December - Present been accepted off the interview? I'm trying to see if they just waitlisted literally everyone

Has anyone that has interviewed from December - Present been accepted off the interview? I'm trying to see if they just waitlisted literally everyone
My guess is that they had a certain number of interview spots to maintain despite the fewer number of seats. So they just deferred any decision making from December-Present and waitlisted everyone even though there are many unfilled seats.

For people who already sent a letter of intent, should we still respond to the email? Or does the past letter already answer it? I’m struggling out here.

Do we HAVE to respond to the email? It seems like that would be sending a “letter of intent”. If we don’t respond are we still considered properly? Just not sure if I wanna send a formal “I will for sure go if accepted” here.

For people who already sent a letter of intent, should we still respond to the email? Or does the past letter already answer it? I’m struggling out here.

I sent one again cuz they never responded to the first one

Do we HAVE to respond to the email? It seems like that would be sending a “letter of intent”. If we don’t respond are we still considered properly? Just not sure if I wanna send a formal “I will for sure go if accepted” here.

A letter of Intent is not binding. "Commit to Enroll" is binding.

I believe that you are still considered normally. On their website it states that the letter of intent has no effect on each person's admission chances. Also, a letter of intent should only be sent if you know 100% you will absolutely attend if admitted, that is the point of the letter. If you do not 100% intend to matriculate if accepted, then sending that fake letter of intent will cause it to not have any meaning to schools in the future.

Anyone hear anything about scholarships today?

I believe that you are still considered normally. On their website it states that the letter of intent has no effect on each person's admission chances. Also, a letter of intent should only be sent if you know 100% you will absolutely attend if admitted, that is the point of the letter. If you do not 100% intend to matriculate if accepted, then sending that fake letter of intent will cause it to not have any meaning to schools in the future.
The email makes it sound like if you want to get admitted off the waitlist, you should send a letter of intent

The email makes it sound like if you want to get admitted off the waitlist, you should send a letter of intent

My understanding is that if you are waitlisted, schools will take you seriously only if send them a letter of intent, given that this is genuinely your top choice.

I wonder if tomorrow we will finally see movement.
Last years threads people were already getting in off the waitlist starting in early April

I wonder if tomorrow we will finally see movement.
Last years threads people were already getting in off the waitlist starting in early April
Hopefully we see movement on May 1st, April 30 is the last day for accepted students to decide if they want to go to USF.

Just got accepted from the waitlist!! I applied for core and my interview was in October.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users