2023-2024 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been seeing the “congrats on pre matching” story on the ambassador Instagram last week and again today

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
All quiet on the western front

the wait is killing me

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any information on merit scholarships for MD students? I know that information typically comes out in April, but I'm wondering what a typical financial aid package looks like for a non-EnMed student.

interview coming up 12/7

any tips and advice from ppl who interviewed alr? (also do we get the names of the interviewers ahead of time?)

Anyone have a guess how long the Interview Orientation and Presentations are? I have to work that day and I am not sure if I’ll need to move my schedule around.

Anyone have a guess how long the Interview Orientation and Presentations are? I have to work that day and I am not sure if I’ll need to move my schedule around.
same lol. drafting up an email to my manager just in case tho

Does anyone have any information on merit scholarships for MD students? I know that information typically comes out in April, but I'm wondering what a typical financial aid package looks like for a non-EnMed student.
There are no typical scholarships given across the board. A scholarship of 1000 is given to OOS students so they get to pay instate tuition which is a big scholarship (10k or more per year). Financial aid is usually loans.

People who have a scholarship at one school have been able to negotiate a scholarship at another in some cases but it is not always equivalent.

Have any online groups been formed for those that pre-matched for the regular MD track?
There's a groupme. Just message the tamuaggieambassadors page on Instagram and they'll send you the link.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey yall! i interviewed at tamu last tuesday but the school hasn't showed up in my TMDSAS portal for my rankings yet. is this normal for tamu? my other schools showed up pretty soon after my interviews so just wondering if i need to contact someone lol

hey yall! i interviewed at tamu last tuesday but the school hasn't showed up in my TMDSAS portal for my rankings yet. is this normal for tamu? my other schools showed up pretty soon after my interviews so just wondering if i need to contact someone lol

It just depends. Sometimes it take a few days other times it takes a few weeks to show up. I would just keep checking the portal though.

Reactions: 1 users
Is Pre-clerkship true P/F? During interview orientation, I noted down them saying the pre-clerkship grading system is Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory but online it says its Honors/P/F so any clarification would be really helpful!!

Is Pre-clerkship true P/F? During interview orientation, I noted down them saying the pre-clerkship grading system is Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory but online it says its Honors/P/F so any clarification would be really helpful!!
yes, pre-clerkship is true P/F

have any OOS regular MD applicants heard back post interview?

Interviewed in September and have not heard anything. I did go and look at the people that pre-matched and they all seem to be in-state. My guess is we have to wait till after the match.

Interviewed in September and have not heard anything. I did go and look at the people that pre-matched and they all seem to be in-state. My guess is we have to wait till after the match.
yeah seems to be the case - interviewed in august! good luck everyone

The match is February 16th, so as an OOS I will have to wait 6 months before getting a response

Got an acceptance call a few hours ago! IS LM 74

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
I think A&M is being cautious not to over-invite before Match Day.
They are also a smaller program compared to UTH since they are split into A&M and EnMed but still dont add up to the same number as UTH if I am not mistaken.

They are also a smaller program compared to UTH since they are split into A&M and EnMed but still dont add up to the same number as UTH if I am not mistaken.
Ya I think it was 200 MD and 50 EnMed

If I manage to overcome the anxiety of this long wait for the ENMED program, I will probably become so Zen that I can levitate

Is the houston campus model part of the TMC? Also is it reserved for EnMed students only or can normal MD students prefer it as well?

Is the houston campus model part of the TMC? Also is it reserved for EnMed students only or can normal MD students prefer it as well?
TMC is only for ENMED students. Methodist-Willowbrook is where normal track MD students will go, I believe electives can be taken at the TMC.

Reactions: 2 users
got a call with a prematch offer! first prematch of the cycle, i'm so excited! interviewed 12/5

Reactions: 8 users