2023-2024 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wondering if anyone has asked about visiting the school, specifically people on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew my interview! I hope it goes to someone who needs it :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS acceptance! Interviewed 1/5! (edit: I have strong ties to NY)

Last edited:
OOS. Interviewed on 1/9 and accepted today! Super excited.

i have an upcoming interview, can i assume it's for the waitlist at this point?

• Dislike
Members don't see this ad :)
for those who have interviewed, where can you find the link for the weekly info session held on Wednesdays? for some reason I can’t find it in my emails or the portal

for those who have interviewed, where can you find the link for the weekly info session held on Wednesdays? for some reason I can’t find it in my emails or the portal
About a week before my interview I got an email with information about my two interviewers and the information session. This email contained zoom links for the interview, but to attend an information session you have to reach out to Stony and say which date and then they'll send you an email with the zoom link the day before the session

Is there an information session this week on wed/thurs? Does anyone have the link for that yet

Is there an information session this week on wed/thurs? Does anyone have the link for that yet
You have to email Admissions which session you want to attend, and they'll email you the link the night before.

Does anyone know if this school accepts and/or values a letter of intent? Thinking about writing one

The email they're asking us for is to hold our spot right? Was a little confused by the wording of 'stating your intention to enroll'....

OOS A! Interviewed Jan 25

Does anyone know exactly when stony starts to pull from WL? Is it mid April or beginning of May?

At the AIS today the asst dean of admissions emphasized that the chance of admission throughout the cycle is the same for everybody/people interviewing now don't have less of a chance than someone who interviewed in sept. Just wondering if anyone understands how this is possible w/ rolling admissions?

Post-II R. Interviewed 1/26

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Any current students willing to answer a few questions I have? Thanks in advance!

is there significant waitlist movement or should i stop hoping for an A here

Anyone know if lectures have required attendance here? and if they're recorded?