2023-2024 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long is each interview? Also, on our interview day do we have anything other than the two interviews scheduled?

Members don't see this ad.

How long is each interview? Also, on our interview day do we have anything other than the two interviews scheduled?
30 min per interview. Nothing else on that day. There is a weekly information session though

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my application and canceled my interview. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
also just withdrew my app+cancelled my interview. hoping it goes to one of you guys!!

Reactions: 1 users
IS II received today! earliest date available was 3/4/24. the info they sent says they stop interviewing in mid-march so i wonder how many seats are actually left

Heads up, yall gonna be ranked next year for preclinical

• Wow
yeah admin says they want to lower the stress of clinical grades

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah admin says they want to lower the stress of clinical grades
do you know if they're gonna release a statement or anything? feels like this is something we need to know more about before deciding where we spend the next 4 years

+1 IS II received yesterday, app was complete 8/23. Excited to interview here, but a little wary based off of the opinions I've read of current students and the culture of the school. Anyone have any info on this or experience with the school?

Waitlisted this morning… any ideas when we hear back from the waitlist? Is there any final deadline? Any known ranking system?

Interviewed early December.

Withdrew my interview, I hope the spot goes to one of y'all!

do you know if they're gonna release a statement or anything? feels like this is something we need to know more about before deciding where we spend the next 4 years

attended admissions information session and asked abt theoretical change to grading scale for preclinical and heard from current M1s that there was enough push back from students & so it will most likely stay P/F

Admitted students, did you see a change in your portal? I got a non-official acceptance email (so grateful) but the official email hasn't come through yet and I don't see a change in my portal so I'm stressing a bit. Probably just me being overly neurotic but I want to be sure before I celebrate lol.

Admitted students, did you see a change in your portal? I got a non-official acceptance email (so grateful) but the official email hasn't come through yet and I don't see a change in my portal so I'm stressing a bit. Probably just me being overly neurotic but I want to be sure before I celebrate lol.
Did you just get the email?

No change in my portal but after sending in the form and intent, you should get an email saying that a spot has been secured for you

No one has gotten off WL yet right

If I recall correctly I think they said that the waitlist doesn’t begin to move until May during one of those info sessions. I could totally be confusing this school with another though

are they still sending IIs/do they traditionally send them this late?