2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Do people think that that starting tomorrow more seats will open up, since on the pre-matric checklist it says the deposit has to be paid within 2 days of April 15?

No way to decipher. I feel it will be sporadic. Till April 30th. Most movement to be expected after April 30th. But who knows with downstate.
Do people think that that starting tomorrow more seats will open up, since on the pre-matric checklist it says the deposit has to be paid within 2 days of April 15th ?

5839C608-899B-4408-AC74-2FE94C24306E.jpeg

Seems accepted students have 2 weeks to pay the deposit, not 2 days. Got this from my portal. Expecting fair amount of movement 2 weeks from now, which also happens to be the April 30th deadline.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i am currently waitlisted at five schools with no acceptances 😭😭😭😭😭. truly don't know what to do in terms of considering to reapply etc. anyone else in a similar position??

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
i am currently waitlisted at five schools with no acceptances 😭😭😭😭😭. truly don't know what to do in terms of considering to reapply etc. anyone else in a similar position??
me! you have to plan to reapply while simultaneously doing your best to get off at least one waitlist. it can't hurt to be prepared for the worst, especially since AMCAS for the 2025 cycle opens in 2 weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
did either of you apply DO? I am currently on 4 MD wailists with 1 DO acceptance and not planning to reapply because of that

Reactions: 1 users
same here... My daily routine is refreshing SDN every 10 minutes o_O

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Yeah I barely even check my email anymore. I get all my updates through here now lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
In-state A this morning! (off the waitlist). Does anyone know where we are supposed to pay the deposit?
I don't see a payment option on the portal itself, it just asks me to accept the offer and tells me I have to pay the deposit.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
In-state A this morning! (off the waitlist). Does anyone know where we are supposed to pay the deposit?
I don't see a payment option on the portal itself, it just asks me to accept the offer and tells me I have to pay the deposit.
did you complete the pre-matric checklist? before your A

on the pre matric checklist there is a link to the portal there are pictures in earlier posts

Congrats! When did you interview?

Was accepted off the AL on Tuesday (IS, 515+ MCAT, 3.98 cGPA, Interviewed 11/1) and Downstate has lots of stipulations to accept their offer (select plan or commit to enroll 48 hours after being issued acceptance) and for that reason I will be withdrawing. I know there will be lots of movement and hope everyone else still on the AL hears some good news in the upcoming weeks!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Was accepted off the AL on Tuesday (IS, 515+ MCAT, 3.98 cGPA, Interviewed 11/1) and Downstate has lots of stipulations to accept their offer (select plan or commit to enroll 48 hours after being issued acceptance) and for that reason I will be withdrawing. I know there will be lots of movement and hope everyone else still on the AL hears some good news in the upcoming weeks!
Oh so you only have 2 days to decide?

They require PTE? I thought they just required that you “accept their offer” (I.e. since it’s past April 15th, you could have SUNY + 2 other acceptances still)

Oh so you only have 2 days to decide?
again, I have no idea if other people who have come off the AL see the same message, but mine clearly stated I had 2 business days from date of offer to accept or decline it, pay a $100 deposit, AND choose "plan to enroll" or "commit to enroll." Unfortunately I didn't screenshot the page and it's gone now but that is what was on the "Offer - Response" tab that I had.

They require PTE? I thought they just required that you “accept their offer” (I.e. since it’s past April 15th, you could have SUNY + 2 other acceptances still)
on AMP there were selections to either accept or decline the offer but in the body of the "Offer - Response" tab it said you must select PTE or CTE within 2 business days

Reactions: 1 user
again, I have no idea if other people who have come off the AL see the same message, but mine clearly stated I had 2 business days from date of offer to accept or decline it, pay a $100 deposit, AND choose "plan to enroll" or "commit to enroll." Unfortunately I didn't screenshot the page and it's gone now but that is what was on the "Offer - Response" tab that I had.

on AMP there were selections to either accept or decline the offer but in the body of the "Offer - Response" tab it said you must select PTE or CTE within 2 business days
Can confirm that even for people still on the AL, the pre-matric checklist tab says:
  • Medicine Only:
    • A $100 Admissions Deposit must be paid to hold your seat in the entering class beginning April 15th. If you do not submit your deposit within 2 business days of your acceptance notification, no later than 11:59 pm on the posted deadline, and also either select "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll", your acceptance offer will be withdrawn. (Note: the deposit portal will not be open until April 15th.)"

Reactions: 3 users
Can confirm that even for people still on the AL, the pre-matric checklist tab says:
  • Medicine Only:
    • A $100 Admissions Deposit must be paid to hold your seat in the entering class beginning April 15th. If you do not submit your deposit within 2 business days of your acceptance notification, no later than 11:59 pm on the posted deadline, and also either select "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll", your acceptance offer will be withdrawn. (Note: the deposit portal will not be open until April 15th.)"

So does this mean we will be seeing more acceptances tomorrow? Since April 16th was the first day they sent out As, and 2 days later would be today. So wouldn’t there be more spots open tomorrow?

Downstate, if youre reading this, I promise to CTE within 2 minutes and pay 4 years of tuition in advance. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Curious, did u withdraw ur A today? Or yesterday / day before? Thanks

• Haha
  • Hmm
Are there any late December interviewees who have gotten off the waitlist yet?

• Medicine Only:

How is this possible? This goes directly against AAMC traffic rules - everyone should have until April 30th. If this is true, this is some super shady, ill-spirited, and downright insecure behavior from SUNY