2023-2024 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is there significant waitlist movement or should i stop hoping for an A here
From this website, there are ~300 waitlist offers and 65 students get off the waitlist. Idk how accurate it is, but seems like there will be movement once people have to start narrowing down their options or aid packages come out. I will likely withdraw my A, but I am waiting to see what financial aid packages look like, if I get any aid that is lol

Members don't see this ad.

Does Stony Brook accept post-II updates/letter of intent? I interviewed on 1/29. Do you think it's too late?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m also wondering if this school accepts post-II update letters. Do they value Letters of Intent? Looking to write one real soon

Does Stony Brook accept post-II updates/letter of intent? I interviewed on 1/29. Do you think it's too late?
I’m also wondering if this school accepts post-II update letters. Do they value Letters of Intent? Looking to write one real soon

I think they do take updates, but I haven't heard anything about LOIs. If you call or email to find out, i'd love to know as well :)

High priority waitlist, interviewed early Feb. they say it is “highly likely” I am accepted

Interviewed 2/5 and haven't heard anything, idk if this is a good or bad sign

Reactions: 1 user
Also did not know they did HPWL. Makes current WL’s a lot less promising huh
Yeah much less promising for us now... I have no clue where I am on the ranked WL. Glad I already have an acceptance but stony is my #1 choice by far

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah much less promising for us now... I have no clue where I am on the ranked WL. Glad I already have an acceptance but stony is my #1 choice by far
Same. 1 DO A 3 MD WL, Stony is super close to home and my top MD school remaining. Was hopeful on WL but maybe will need to prioritize elsewhere

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A!!!!!!!! first of the cycle omg i'm crying i'm gonna be a doctor 😭

• Love
Reactions: 28 users
OOS A!!!!!!!! first of the cycle omg i'm crying i'm gonna be a doctor 😭

i_used_to_pray_for_times_like_this_cover.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
IS A today! First one of the cycle and my top choice.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Are there any accepted students groups which have been made yet?

Just wanted to share their 2024 Match list here (it's not available online yet but I emailed the admissions office and they sent it to me). I also converted it to Excel for better visualization of the matches specialty-wise.

Attachments

• Class 2024 Match List.xlsx
    12.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Class 2024 Match List.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 84
  • Love
has anyone else heard anything about a HPWL? I saw someone say they got the email earlier but just wondering if more people have too

Just wanted to share their 2024 Match list here (it's not available online yet but I emailed the admissions office and they sent it to me). I also converted it to Excel for better visualization of the matches specialty-wise.
King

Am I right to say they match pretty well into residencies in the NYC Metro? Haven't looked at too many of these yet.

has anyone else heard anything about a HPWL? I saw someone say they got the email earlier but just wondering if more people have too
Also wondering this. Since they only have ever said they have an unranked waitlist, I suspect that post may have been on the wrong school's forum or something

Also wondering this. Since they only have ever said they have an unranked waitlist, I suspect that post may have been on the wrong school's forum or something
I think they have a ranked waitlist (per my waitlist email)

Surprisingly low number of gen surg
Hella ortho matches though which is crazy

Am I right to say they match pretty well into residencies in the NYC Metro? Haven't looked at too many of these yet.
They match very well in the northeast for sure. Lots of people at Stony or Zucker, and plenty at northeast T20 schools as well. They also match pretty well into the competitive specialties like ROAD

I've only seen one person on this forum get a HPWL this cycle... I think they're definitely rare

In case anyone was interested in the breakdown of their Match List:

Screenshot 2024-03-19 114008.png

I've only seen one person on this forum get a HPWL this cycle... I think they're definitely rare
I just called admissions and they said it’s just one waitlist (no HPWL) and you can’t find out your ranking