2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was unable to attend the virtual chat last month and put my name on the list for this month, I believe it’s tomorrow but never got an email or a zoom link??? Any advice??? Lol
Email them lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you include in the second LOI ? Do you think it helped
I basically just told them they were my top choice repeatedly, and why. In like 10-12 sentences maybe. No clue if it helped 🤷🏻‍♂️ It apparently didn’t hurt tho

Reactions: 1 user
i’m so down bad can they let us in😭 we’ve been applying since this time last year (also don’t downstate adcoms check sdn)

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Basically that they don’t really know if there will be much alternate list movement

I thought someone called earlier this week and was told there would be a lot of fluidity soon
Idk I’m just sharing what I was told and that there might be small trickles here and there till week before orientation

• Sad
Idk I’m just sharing what I was told and that there might be small trickles here and there till week before orientation
When I’m in a being untransparent and inconsistent competition and my opponent is a med school admissions office

• Haha
well that ruined my weekend. Did anyone go to the virtual chat today? Did they say something similar?

well that ruined my weekend. Did anyone go to the virtual chat today? Did they say something similar?

They have consistently said the opposite, they said there would be well over 100 people coming off the WL, maybe double lol so idk where the other info is coming from

I called the other day and the person didn’t know what fafsa was. They also answer questions without even asking what program you are applying to. Take everything they say with a grain of salt.

They have consistently said the opposite, they said there would be well over 100 people coming off the WL, maybe double lol so idk where the other info is coming from
Yeah you’re right, I called the school of medicine and they said there will be movement so idk where that other person is getting the info

There should def be movement yeah. There is good movement historically according to previous sdn threads post May 1st.

There should def be movement yeah. There is good movement historically according to previous sdn threads post May 1st.
Yeah May had the busiest movement last year too , check the past history

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I’ve read through previous threads (several times because I’m crazy) and on SDN, May As have generally been a trickle, so I think we’ll all be ok. Don’t lose hope!!

I got nothing for ya.

On observation it looks like Tuesdays have been the biggest A days but that isn't always true

I got nothing for ya.

On observation it looks like Tuesdays have been the biggest A days but that isn't always true
I called them today and they said class is still fluid right now, so there should hopefully be movement

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Any current students doing, or know someone doing, the global health academic pathway who I could talk to?

idk if checking this thread calms me down or causes me more stress

I just don’t understand why Downstate seemingly waitlists every single interviewee… making hundreds of us hold onto hope for months when they *must* have a narrower idea of who they’ll realistically get to. I’m grateful to not be rejected, and I also wish it meant more at this point. :/ Out of curiosity, does anyone know of other schools that also do this?

Reactions: 2 users
The fact that downstate sdn has 30 pages while most other schools have wayyy less shows the anxiety this school is causing... smh downstate be slacking

I just don’t understand why Downstate seemingly waitlists every single interviewee… making hundreds of us hold onto hope for months when they *must* have a narrower idea of who they’ll realistically get to. I’m grateful to not be rejected, and I also wish it meant more at this point. :/ Out of curiosity, does anyone know of other schools that also do this?
Right!! I don’t understand why they couldn’t at least reject the people they know they don’t want😭

Reactions: 4 users
I would honestly rather be rejected than strung along. Let me focus on my accepted, lower ranked school and find living/roommates instead of holding out hoping I get accepted here.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users