2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now. OOS and complete 7/26. LM 69

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone interviewed yet? I have one soon and am wondering how it went/what it was like

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed yet? I have one soon and am wondering how it went/what it was like
Had mine yesterday, basically quick introduction and then breakout rooms with 2 faculty members for about 45 minutes. They're all really nice and it was pretty casual

Reactions: 1 users
Had mine yesterday, basically quick introduction and then breakout rooms with 2 faculty members for about 45 minutes. They're all really nice and it was pretty casual
Did you know who your interviewers were going to be beforehand?

Same as already mentioned - breakout rooms with your interviewers and plenty of time to ask questions at the end.

I submitted my application 8/24/23 and under manage applications my progress is marked "incomplete". I can't seem to figure out the reason why. Should I contact them or do they have to manually verify the application and I shouldn't worry yet?

I submitted my application 8/24/23 and under manage applications my progress is marked "incomplete". I can't seem to figure out the reason why. Should I contact them or do they have to manually verify the application and I shouldn't worry yet?
This just means they haven’t reviewed your app yet. So it’s under no decision. As long as you got the email saying they got it, ur good.

Where do you even see "manage applications"? I'm looking all over their portal and can't find anything like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that's normal because I interviewed this week and mine still says "incomplete"

Reactions: 1 user
Can any current med students at RVUCOM comment on the disadvantages of going to a for profit med school?

Can any current med students at RVUCOM comment on the disadvantages of going to a for profit med school?
Im a 4th year and I genuinely dont think it matters. Its expensive, yes, but seems like priced similarly to other similar DO schools. Maybe they cut some corners, but I havnt noticed.

Did they send the virtual interview link a few days early or right before the interview time? Mine is scheduled on tomorrow but I haven’t received any link yet.

Did they send the virtual interview link a few days early or right before the interview time? Mine is scheduled on tomorrow but I haven’t received any link yet.
They sent it the day before

Does anyone know if Rocky Vista takes letters of intent/interest? It’s my top choice and I would put a deposit down pay of acceptance, if accepted. Furthermore if they do, are they interested in hearing personal life reasons for wanting to attend. For instance, my soon-to-be fiancé will be doing a PhD in Boulder, and my family lives in the Parker area, so I just really really want to go there. I know you can’t be picky with med schools but agh:/

someone on interview feedback said there was a 2-minute time limit for question responses. Can anyone corroborate?

no specific question time-limit but there is a 40-minute timer in the corner of the screen throughout the interview. It is really relaxed though.

i picked Colorado campus in my secondary but my interviewers are from Colorado and Utah campus, are they going to ask which campus I prefer in the interview or are they going to decide?

i picked Colorado campus in my secondary but my interviewers are from Colorado and Utah campus, are they going to ask which campus I prefer in the interview or are they going to decide?
Didn't they have different applications? The Utah app is different from the Colorado app.

No, I think interviewers are from both campuses, but based on your campus preference your complete application (including summary/ grading of your interview) will either go to Utah or Colorado Amissions committees if that makes sense

Has anyone gotten an application under review email from this school? I got one from the montana campus early august but have heard nothing from this school and submitted secondary back in july. wondering if I need to reach out? they did send me a confirmation of the secondary but that’s it so far

Anyone else having trouble viewing the video about next steps on the post-interview page of the portal? Mine just says "Wondering what happens next? The video below will help explain what to expect from here" and there is no video below lol

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else having trouble viewing the video about next steps on the post-interview page of the portal? Mine just says "Wondering what happens next? The video below will help explain what to expect from here" and there is no video below lol
Same here

how are y'all addressing your post-interview thank you notes since we can't send them directly to our interviewers? Like do I just say "please forward this note to my interviewers" (or something along those lines) or just write it as if I'm writing directly to the faculty I interviewed with

how are y'all addressing your post-interview thank you notes since we can't send them directly to our interviewers? Like do I just say "please forward this note to my interviewers" (or something along those lines) or just write it as if I'm writing directly to the faculty I interviewed with
I said please forward but I think either should work since the admissions team usually forwards to the faculty/ interviewer. At least that's what my understanding is, unless of course you have the direct email of your interviewer

I wrote it directly to the interviewers and someone from admission forwarded them accordingly

To those who have already interviewed, how’d your feel?! It’s my first one this cycle scheduled for this Wednesday!!

Are they releasing acceptances first week of October for those who interviewed August-September? Last year people received a call around October 6th