2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! Any current RVU students open to me asking some questions about your experience and the program?

If yes, please DM me!

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know when the next round of decisions will go out? I know the portal says within 4 weeks of your interview but that is the week of thanksgiving. anxiously waiting! 🫠

When was your interview date ? I am still waiting too lol
does anyone know when the next round of decisions will go out? I know the portal says within 4 weeks of your interview but that is the week of thanksgiving. anxiously waiting! 🫠

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully they will have an adcom meeting before thanksgiving so you can relax and enjoy the holiday!! Wishing you and @Nul Nul good luck!! 🤠

Reactions: 1 users
I got an email to schedule an interview. The application portal where secondary submitted doesn't have an option to schedule an interview. Do I get another email to schedule an interview or the portal will be updated? Thank you

Last edited:
I got an email to schedule an interview. The application portal where secondary submitted doesn't have an option to schedule an interview. Do I get another email to schedule an interview or the portal will be updated? Thank you
It should be in the “Visit Us” tab :)

Thank you. I see only Campus Tours and virtual Q and A events. Is one of them?
Hmm, it should say interview specifically. Maybe it hasn’t updated yet? I remember mine being available immediately so you might consider emailing them to check on that!

Can someone provide tips for the interview DOs and DONTs? I can't miss this opportunity.

Can someone provide tips for the interview DOs and DONTs? I can't miss this opportunity.
Make sure you read up on some MMIs, I read "Multiple Mini Interview: Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty" to prepare for this cycle and got in all the DO schools I interviewed at. Make sure you know your why DO question and your application front to back. Don't be weird.

Can any of the accepted students see a date for the admitted student day? I emailed admissions two weeks ago and they said it would be posted by now but nothing comes up on my visit tab?

Can any of the accepted students see a date for the admitted student day? I emailed admissions two weeks ago and they said it would be posted by now but nothing comes up on my visit tab?
Wondering the same, I haven’t been able to see it yet either!

Members don't see this ad :)
OMS1 at the Utah campus. Happy to answer any questions.

What you know now about rvu, would you still choose to attend there? Why or why not? I also heard that their usmle pass rate is only 67%. Is this true?

Just got the A! Interviewed 10/24 and IS, very excited!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS A yesterday, interviewed 11/1!

Coming from the midwest and I am kind of worried about high attendance cost & cost of living. Can anybody that is a student or IS give any insight?

OOS A yesterday, interviewed 11/1!

Coming from the midwest and I am kind of worried about high attendance cost & cost of living. Can anybody that is a student or IS give any insight?
Hi! IS but currently living in the Midwest (Chicago) if you want to DM me with questions, I’d be happy to give any insight I can :)

OMS1 at the Utah campus. Happy to answer any question
How do the rotations work for year 3 and 4? I got accepted and am very interested in coming but I have heard mixed reviews about the 3rd and 4th year rotations.

How do the rotations work for year 3 and 4? I got accepted and am very interested in coming but I have heard mixed reviews about the 3rd and 4th year rotations.
They do a lottery system where you rank all the locations and they use an algorithm to try to match everyone to their first choice (kinda like residency match). Supposedly 95% of students get matched in their top 3 and somewhere around 80% get their first choice. You’ll spend your full third year in the region you match to.They have info about all their clinical rotation regions on the website but I can send you the link if you want!

That would be great if you could send me the link. Thank you so much for the info
They do a lottery system where you rank all the locations and they use an algorithm to try to match everyone to their first choice (kinda like residency match). Supposedly 95% of students get matched in their top 3 and somewhere around 80% get their first choice. You’ll spend your full third year in the region you match to.They have info about all their clinical rotation regions on the website but I can send you the link if you want!

How did yall feel about the interview, stress wise?

Withdrew my A, Good luck to everyone!

For stats purposes / those keeping track
IS, USU grad, interviewed 9/8, A 9/21
MCAT 518 GPA 3.96

Do you know what hospitals RVU-UTAH is affiliated with? Is there a certain big hospital in the area where we do our clinicals, or are they all pretty far (>30 minutes drive) from campus?

Do you know what hospitals RVU-UTAH is affiliated with? Is there a certain big hospital in the area where we do our clinicals, or are they all pretty far (>30 minutes drive) from campus?
You’ll get placed in a “region” with a few different clinical sites for your entire third year. All the sites in the region should be pretty close together. They have a really detailed clinical rotation and site manual on their website

You’ll likely have to move to one of those regions that plsletmebeadr talked about because many of them are a 3-4 hour drive from RVU. But there is a region in the area that you can get placed at

International, placed on alternate list Nov 13.

II received this morning but I do not see the option to schedule on my portal yet. OOS

OOS (CO) II today. I applied primarily to the Colorado campus, but curious why my app got deferred to Utah. Is there any chance to interview Utah and go to the CO one? Are any of the third and 4th year rotations in CO?

I got the II email today (OOS). I also do not see the option to schedule the interview on the portal.

OOS (CO) II today. I applied primarily to the Colorado campus, but curious why my app got deferred to Utah. Is there any chance to interview Utah and go to the CO one? Are any of the third and 4th year rotations in CO?
They have a lot of rotation sites in CO, but it would definitely be a question to ask if you can go from Utah campus to CO rotation sites. That was not explicitly said, but it seemed that way when I watched the rotation site video.

Had the same thing happen today. I think UT will only review your app after CO determines they don't want to consider you. That's at least what it sounded like on the AACOMAS primary app questions.

Also in the same position, no place to schedule or withdraw the II for me. I will be withdrawing, good luck to everyone else!

Withdraw my application post-A, hopefully it goes to one of y'all!

I just got an email for an alternate list- interview on 11/14, email on 12/11. Does anyone know what exactly it means, does it help, or alternative to indirect rejection?

I just got an email for an alternate list- interview on 11/14, email on 12/11. Does anyone know what exactly it means, does it help, or alternative to indirect rejection?
if I remember correctly, alternative list may be a step above waitlist? Did they mention anything about guaranteed admission for the following year if not placed this year? I’d reach out and ask

if I remember correctly, alternative list may be a step above waitlist? Did they mention anything about guaranteed admission for the following year if not placed this year? I’d reach out and ask
Thank you. They did not inform me anything about next year. They mentioned they would call or email if any status changes. They asked me to send grades or other school acceptances, if any, during this time or intention to withdraw

Last edited:
Has anyone done a campus tour here? I registered for one in January but don't know what time it is at and I am traveling from out of state.

Is there an accepted students GroupMe, Facebook group, or something? Thanks!

Interview 11/15, placed on the alternate list on 12/11.

Has anyone been put on the Accepted Pending Space (APS) list this cycle?