2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why did they just send me an email that I missed my deposit and they withdrew my app šŸ˜­ I literally paid last week, got the confirmation email, and the portal still states that I paid my final deposit and am good to go... but also I know the portal takes time to update. This has to be a mistake. Did anyone else have this happen? My heart dropped when I saw the email.
This happened to me too! My heart literally fell out of my butt. Phew, I"m glad it wasn't just me! I think it may be a glitch with the system. I emailed admissions for confirmation.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This just happened to me too and I immediately called and left a voicemail
omg I'm so glad that it wasn't just me too! I immediately called and left a voicemail too. I keep opening my portal to make sure it doesn't say withdrawn.

Accepted pending seat just now!! Iā€™m so happy I got in!
Does anyone know if RVUCOM-SU gives out 1098T forms to students to claim tax credits? And they have federal loans right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got word as well! Accepted pending seat! WOOOO

Very happy for both of you! My last name starts with G and I interviewed on Feb 28th. I was wondering when you both interviewed (@MiMan @drlan)

Just got an II and I only applied to Colorado and Montana. I have committed elsewhere and will be declining the invite....so they are definitely still interviewing

Did anybody receive master program information while on alternate list?
I just received it and have been confused if it indicates the rejection or they just sent out to applicants on alternate list as well.

I just received it and have been confused if it indicates the rejection or they just sent out to applicants on alternate list as well.
Idk I didnā€™t get anything about that. But I do see under visit us tab, there were and still is some events on the MSBS program. Donā€™t think it means anything, if youā€™re put on the APS list youā€™re accepted, just waiting for a seat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't, but I am not sure if that email is considered a rejection

Got off APS list today, was put on it 3/7!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just now received the APS email! I interviewed on 2/29. So excited!

I just got my APS email too!!!! I can't believe it I'm actually crying šŸ˜­

Got notified on 3/25 that I got on the APS list! My interview was on 2/27. Does anyone know how the APS list works? Are we on a waitlist within the APS list? If so, do they let you know what position you hold?

Got notified on 3/25 that I got on the APS list! My interview was on 2/27. Does anyone know how the APS list works? Are we on a waitlist within the APS list? If so, do they let you know what position you hold?
They won't let you know if there is any ranking in APS/Alternate, even if it exists. For APS, the seat is guaranteed for this cycle or the next cycle. If luck doesn't favor this cycle but the next cycle is guaranteed, you can start with 'A' in hand for this school. But, all APS will get in this cycle based on the last cycle information.

Last edited:
They won't let you know if there is any ranking in APS/Alternate, even if it exists. For APS, the seat is guaranteed for this cycle or the next cycle. If luck doesn't favor this cycle but the next cycle is guaranteed, you can start with 'A' in hand for this school. But, all APS will get in this cycle based on the last cycle information.
What was the information from last cycle? Im on APS for a dif campus and in the email it seemed like majority do eventually get off APS starting in April going to end of May but it seems super random.

What was the information from last cycle? Im on APS for a dif campus and in the email it seemed like majority do eventually get off APS starting in April going to end of May but it seems super random.
I was referring to the fact that most of the APS get off the list, and the school told me that it happened last yr

I know APS is a guaranteed spot (matriculation year is the variable), but what's the difference bewteen AL and WL?

For someone already a student here, is there a gym? And what equipment is available.

I would like to know if thereā€™s a gym as well. Also does the school give their students a stethoscope and scrubs along with the white coat during orientation? Thanks!

I would like to know if thereā€™s a gym as well. Also does the school give their students a stethoscope and scrubs along with the white coat during orientation? Thanks!
I emailed the admissions team. They do have a gym but not sure what equipment there is. I also don't know about stethoscope.

Has anyone heard anything about the Crimson Cliffs student apartments? I'm thinking that's the best option for housing since its so close to campus and fully furnished. Just wondering if anyone has more info on living there

Has anyone heard anything about the Crimson Cliffs student apartments? I'm thinking that's the best option for housing since its so close to campus and fully furnished. Just wondering if anyone has more info on living there
I just applied for their waitlist, no word back yet.

Accepted ! I have been on alternate list since Nov , I am super happy and thankful to be part of RVU !

No email but found out I was placed on the alternate list through my portal. Interviewed 3/26

Congratulations!! Was it via email or phone call and is your profile updated yet?
Thanks! They left voice mail to call them back and my portal was not updated right away , but now it is updated !

Last edited:
Can any current students provide information on how the satellite campus operates? Are the classes going to be remote?

I emailed the admissions team. They do have a gym but not sure what equipment there is. I also don't know about stethoscope.
The gym is pretty small ( think like 4 people max?) but does have basic equipment including free weights, 2 treadmills, and possibly a squat rack? I saw it on a campus tour and can't remember exactly what's there.

You will need to purchase your own stethoscope.

For someone already a student here, is there a gym? And what equipment is available.
They're building a gym in the student apartment and I was told construction is finishing up in May, idk if it's open to everyone who goes to RVU or just student residents though.

I got APS on April 8 but my portal still says I'm under review. Is that normal or should I email them?