2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm so confused there have been no Sept/Oct acceptances except like 1/2 waves I believe .... Does anyone know how they go about reviewing interview dates? I have seen nothing from my date and I interviewed in Sept

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
When do we think that the last big round of acceptances/waitlists will be? Mid March?

They told my group on 1/11 that we could hear back as late as end of March. I think they'll release final decisions around then. Am definitely super bummed that it sounds like I may not hear back today since my portal didn't change, but trying to keep a positive outlook. Just have to hope things turn out well around then.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
not to be a downer but there were 22 As reported on SDN last year before WLs were sent out in late March. This year I count 24 As so far. I'm pretty sure all sept-mid nov interviewees were accepted in December and today will be As for everyone else.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
not to be a downer but there were 22 As reported on SDN last year before WLs were sent out in late March. This year I count 24 As so far. I'm pretty sure all sept-mid nov interviewees were accepted in December and today will be As for everyone else.

You're also not taking into account that their class size has expanded by a little over 20 this year and also that they were running much further behind this year than last year.

You are being a downer because someone reported an acceptance last year on March 15th who interviewed in October. If they are not handing out acceptances from that group then there would be no need for having a continued review email instead of a waitlist.
Yeah I remember that dude from the Duke thread
Someone made a very harmless joke and he got butt hurt lmao

• Dislike
Currently, 119 are in the FB group. This number can be underreported as someone pointed out, but I doubt it's faaaaar from the spaces left.

Currently, 119 are in the FB group. This number can be underreported as someone pointed out, but I doubt it's faaaaar from the spaces left.

Yeah I think there are still plenty of A's to go around. It sucks and trust me when I say I am extremely disappointed that I didn't get in this round, but I also highly doubt they would've sent out every decision by this point when they specifically highlighted late March as their cutoff for decisions. Just gotta keep the positive vibes!

Excuse me? I was just stating the facts. Like the fact that medicine was a backup for you since you cant play basketball and was picked last on every team since the 4th grade. That nba player profile pic says it all.
I wasn't talking about you lmfao

What exactly is a portal change? Like what changes. Does it say you are accpted or is it a minute change?

Instead of the forms section with the withdrawal link there’s an application checklist section with a few items like residency determination service links

Got the A call earlier today! For the neurotic still checking their portals, I still haven't received a portal change.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATS!!! were u IS?
Thanks! Sorry, I should've included this all in the initial message. 12/4 Interview and IS. Also looking at it now my portal may have changed I'm actually not sure what the default portal looks like.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the A yesterday!! I never got off the waitlist last year, so I'm super excited this time around. Portal updated sometime earlier in the day, and I got a call from my interviewer at 4:30! Interviewed 12/7

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just out of curiosity, has anyone who interviewed 1/11 heard back yet? I know it's been theorized that they have multiple committees that take different interview dates and they meet at different times so I'm just trying to find some sort of cope that my app hasn't been reviewed yet LOL.

so do they accept the most ideal candidates rolling admission, then assign the rest of the spots to the rest of the applicant pool in mid march?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone who interviewed 1/11 heard back yet? I know it's been theorized that they have multiple committees that take different interview dates and they meet at different times so I'm just trying to find some sort of cope that my app hasn't been reviewed yet LOL.
I think MOST of us that interviewed after the new year won’t hear back until the end of next month

• Wow
so do they accept the most ideal candidates rolling admission, then assign the rest of the spots to the rest of the applicant pool in mid march?
Possibly, but there are so many factors that go into the decision making, so it’s hard to say 😅

Been told it’s more or less a game of luck how fast your application moves along based on which committee reviews your application…some might get the A earlier, some later

This might be a stupid question but oh well. Just so I'm understanding correctly, there is a committee who reviews your app, scores it and then grants an interview, then the interviews are blinded, and another committee reviews the interviewers comments a long with the rest of your application to give you a decision? Confused as to how they can even remember who I am months after interviewing.

This might be a stupid question but oh well. Just so I'm understanding correctly, there is a committee who reviews your app, scores it and then grants an interview, then the interviews are blinded, and another committee reviews the interviewers comments a long with the rest of your application to give you a decision? Confused as to how they can even remember who I am months after interviewing.
you get an interview score which is added to your application

Possibly, but there are so many factors that go into the decision making, so it’s hard to say 😅

Been told it’s more or less a game of luck how fast your application moves along based on which committee reviews your application…some might get the A earlier, some later
man not even sure what to feel. WL for 2 cycles and improved my app over all and mcat 50x to 519 this cycle. had II in fall and haven’t heard anything

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
man not even sure what to feel. WL for 2 cycles and improved my app over all and mcat 50x to 519 this cycle. had II in fall and haven’t heard anything
It sounds like you have done everything right, and being on the WL previously means they were interested in you—so, hopefully you hear good news soon! Unfortunately, the admissions process is wack, so don’t feel discouraged quite yet! No news is good news

If we include the waitlist, UNC has barely gave out more than half its total acceptances this cycle. Still plenty of spots remaining so no reason not to be optimistic. Personally I interviewed in September, and I think just staying patient is key.
Agreed! Though I will admit I have not been the most patient person 😅

• Haha
Has UNC been listed under "choose your med school"/ "plan to enroll" on amcas for anyone who was accepted yesterday?

Damn I’m so sorry to those who heard back today. Definitely sounds like it was out of no where which makes it even more difficult.

Did you receive an email/portal change just now or was it earlier today?

So sorry to everyone who heard back today regarding their rejection. If I may ask when did you guys all interview?

only 131 in the facebook, im gonna assume maybe 150 accepted at this time? lots of acceptances still left :)

Reactions: 3 users