2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they don't accept any updates unfortunately

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
On their website it says UNC doesn't accept updates, letters of intent, or new transcripts. Not post-interview or pre-interview. When you submit that secondary you are done. It should say that on the continued review email as well.

They emphasized that too us in the interview at the end as well lol. Ms. Reid was pretty adamant about not sending anything.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Am I the only one that doesn't know what CR is?

I think someone had asked about the mandatory attendance as a first year, I can speak some to that. I know plenty of classmates who are not happy with mandatory attendance. I think this was mainly done because it was somewhat disrespectful to the instructors that only 10 out of 200 people would show up to lecture. I do not think mandatory attendance will change soon because our scores have been consistently higher than in previous years. Our averages are always 80-85 on NBMEs. On the bright side, it lets you interact with your classmates. The year above us has said that was a significant downside to their curriculum. My experience at UNC has been great. They are very willing to work with your schedule if you have personal things that come up and do their best to look out for you. If anyone has any more questions, I would be happy to answer them.
Question about the mandatory attendance if you don’t mind answering, when do students usually do research if they’re in class from 8-5 every day? Also with mandatory attendance, do you find yourself using 3rd party lectures (pathoma/sketchy) or just practice questions? Thanks so much!

Question about the mandatory attendance if you don’t mind answering, when do students usually do research if they’re in class from 8-5 every day? Also with mandatory attendance, do you find yourself using 3rd party lectures (pathoma/sketchy) or just practice questions? Thanks so much!
To be honest, we are not in class from 8-5 every day usually. This block for example, Mondays we are done by 3:30, Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays we are done by 12 pm (depends on what days you have certain classes on or other activities). Students typically do research in the afternoons and evenings.

Most people use 3rd party resources along with practice questions. Because we now have NMBE exams, this aligns well with the 3rd party resources compared to previous in house exams. Lecture is just a good way to make sure you know what the professors want you to know specifically, they are who choose the NMBE questions after all.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
To be honest, we are not in class from 8-5 every day usually. This block for example, Mondays we are done by 3:30, Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays and Fridays we are done by 12 pm (depends on what days you have certain classes on or other activities). Students typically do research in the afternoons and evenings.

Most people use 3rd party resources along with practice questions. Because we now have NMBE exams, this aligns well with the 3rd party resources compared to previous in house exams. Lecture is just a good way to make sure you know what the professors want you to know specifically, they are who choose the NMBE questions after all.
Are those third party resources included as part of tuition, or do students pay for them on their own?

does anyone know how many offers of acceptance are made every year? i can only find interview and matriculation number

does anyone know how many offers of acceptance are made every year? i can only find interview and matriculation number

Class size is 225 and they only make enough offers to fill class size. Then they pull off the waitlist. I’m assuming total like 275?

Every year they take around 40 percent of those interviewed. Same percentages for IS and OOS. Could be higher this year because there are not 190 spots. There are 225. If you ask me those are pretty good odds. There is probably more waitlist movement for OOS.
let’s goooo OOS peeps , fingers crossed

Last edited:
Are those third party resources included as part of tuition, or do students pay for them on their own?
Unfortunately they are not included in the tuition but this is typically not an issue for reasons I am sure I do not need to say.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like they’re continuing the every other week trend?

Reactions: 2 users
Wow that post-interview email actually just scared the devil out of me. I could feel my blood pressure go up :rofl: Did it get anyone else lol

Interviewed on 1/11! It was just an email from the students of our session's Q and A saying if we had extra questions to let them know. Nothing too huge.

Some of us didn't receive that email. You might think its 'nothing huge" and I 100 percent agree but this really begs the question of it actually means anything.

Fairly certain it doesn't lol. If it were an email from admissions or something I would say it might mean something, but I can distinctly remember receiving this email last year too and I didn't get in or anything. So I wouldn't stress it if you didn't get it. I totally understand stressing about the process, but I highly doubt UNC told their 1st year student panels to selectively email people who got in lol.

Reactions: 2 users
I think each set of students is supposed to send their own email post-session email, but I can understand if they get busy and put it on the backburner. I was in the 1/7 session and got the email yesterday and had a heart attack lol. I wasn't expecting a post-interview survey a month later haha.

manifesting portal changes and calls for everyone tomorrow

Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone from the 9/21 interview date been accepted? Or know of anyone from that date who has? Feel like I haven’t seen much from that date either

• Hmm
I feel like you guys are being insanely neurotic… they’ve interviewed close to 700 people and the Facebook group is at like 120, including a few old students… it makes sense if MOST people from the 30 dates they’ve had haven’t heard back yet lol … this is a high ranked school they def wanna make sure the right people get an acceptance and that takes time when you have 700 competitive students…

Reactions: 13 users