2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have they ever sent acceptances on a Friday? Trying to feed my delulu that I could hear back today. Especially since this year the interviews ended earlier than previous years.

Have they ever sent acceptances on a Friday? Trying to feed my delulu that I could hear back today. Especially since this year the interviews ended earlier than previous years.

Last year, they had a few go out on Thursdays, but I don't think I remember any waves on Fridays? Could be mistaken tho it's been a minute lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone created this document last year

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 114
Thanks yall. Just trying to stay sane, every moment that passes I lose faith... feels like my mental health is unraveling lmao

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks yall. Just trying to stay sane, every moment that passes I lose faith... feels like my mental health is unraveling lmao

100% feel the same way haha but thankfully we have each other! We are all in this together.

only 131 in the facebook, im gonna assume maybe 150 accepted at this time? lots of acceptances still left :)
I'm trying to remain optimistic as well, but isn't it weird that they've already started sending out post-ii Rs? Even before waitlisting anybody? Like isn't that something schools do when the class is full?

I'm trying to remain optimistic as well, but isn't it weird that they've already started sending out post-ii Rs? Even before waitlisting anybody? Like isn't that something schools do when the class is full?

Not necessarily! They did it last year too. And I mean ECU just rejected me post-II despite not putting together a WL yet so it's not super unheard of. Definitely don't think the alarm bells need to be ringing yet. Still think it's super early for them to be completely full.

No they did this last year too. According to the thread people got rejected in Jan

Reactions: 1 user
The post-II Rs seem consistent with last year—I saw there was a wave by the end of the month when interviews concluded. Only difference this year is interviews concluded earlier so this wave occurred earlier (is my assumption)

But I can see how you might think this is weird since it doesn’t seem like the class has been filled yet. This is in contrast to Brody where the class has been filled at this point 🤔

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! Please make sure to go to the second look as I have many classmates who are working hard to make that a great experience for you guys. Again, congrats and make sure you enjoy the summer, because it's true, once things get going, they do not stop!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! Please make sure to go to the second look as I have many classmates who are working hard to make that a great experience for you guys. Again, congrats and make sure you enjoy the summer, because it's true, once things get going, they do not stop!
I'm confused why it's called second look. Has a first look / tour already been offered to students?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused why it's called second look. Has a first look / tour already been offered to students?

The term is carried over from pre-Covid when people would have gotten their “first look” during their in-person interview

Hopefully. March 15 is coming up so all acceptances should be out by then. I think waitlist notice will also be sent out then.

Last edited:
For those who don’t know, March 15 is the deadline AAMC has for full class size to be made

For those who don’t know, March 15 is the deadline AAMC has for full class size to be made

Am I mistaken, or is it just that they have to offer acceptances that matches the number of seats? So they don't necessarily have to have those seats filled, but they have to at least offer that many acceptances.

Am I mistaken, or is it just that they have to offer acceptances that matches the number of seats? So they don't necessarily have to have those seats filled, but they have to at least offer that many acceptances.
You're correct Drizzle! I believe they just have send a number of acceptances that at least equals that of the class size by March 15. This is written below from the AAMC traffic guidelines page.

1709585575205.png

You're correct Drizzle! I believe they just have send a number of acceptances that at least equals that of the class size by March 15. This is written below from the AAMC traffic guidelines page.

View attachment 383568

Thank you! I thought so. That makes a lot of sense. I feel like in that case I am hopeful but not 100% optimistic that we will get a wave tomorrow....thinking we may get one next week and then the last week of March. Based on the dates they reviewed last time, that would pretty much catch them up and they would stay true to their website (which says all decisions after the New Year will be released by end of March). Don't lose hope folks there's still plenty of time!

Manifesting good vibes and acceptances today

realistically a lot of people don't use FB or student doctor so I wouldn't be surprised if they already sent enough A's for class. I saw on an early page that someone heard they sent 100 A's in December. I'm no mathematician but I definitely didn't count 100 people posting about their A's in December. Sorry for the pessimistic thoughts, just so emotionally drained from this application cycle.

realistically a lot of people don't use FB or student doctor so I wouldn't be surprised if they already sent enough A's for class. I saw on an early page that someone heard they sent 100 A's in December. I'm no mathematician but I definitely didn't count 100 people posting about their A's in December. Sorry for the pessimistic thoughts, just so emotionally drained from this application cycle.
I disagree I bet they've given out like 160-170 As but still not the amount of As needed for a full class. Look at the past threads, they wait until March 15th to send out the remaining As and waitlist. I've heard from a lot of sources close to admissions that they're having difficulty agreeing on who to accept. Until you've gotten the R/waitlist, the possibility of getting an A is still there.

Reactions: 4 users
I disagree I bet they've given out like 160-170 As but still not the amount of As needed for a full class. Look at the past threads, they wait until March 15th to send out the remaining As and waitlist. I've heard from a lot of sources close to admissions that they're having difficulty agreeing on who to accept. Until you've gotten the R/waitlist, the possibility of getting an A is still there.
My bad. Thanks for that information. Just goes to show we are all strong applicants! I'm just being a pessimist but I appreciate the positive thinking!
Hunger Games Odds GIF

I'm fairly positive we won't hear til next week. Pretty sure they're gonna keep up the once every other week cadence until the end of March.

I'm fairly positive we won't hear til next week. Pretty sure they're gonna keep up the once every other week cadence until the end of March.
Yeah this is prob what’s gonna happen. I wonder if they’ll honestly just release WLs next week too. End of March is late…

Next week is UNC's spring break so I wonder if they will wait 2 weeks

• Haha
Eh I used to think UNC was bad about communication. But I'll be honest it's not super different from a lot of the schools I've applied to. Albany only ever notified me about the interview and I have literally heard nothing since being placed on their AL. Didn't give us positions or tiers, nor a timeline of when usual acceptances from the AL roll out. Pretty much gonna be crickets until I do or don't get in. So while I can def understand being frustrated by a lack of communication, I think the main reason they do it is to be fair. As we can see in this thread alone, even a minor communication some people think is a massive deal and in some ways that's worse for our mental health because it makes us all even more worried regardless of whether or not we receive it.

Eh I used to think UNC was bad about communication. But I'll be honest it's not super different from a lot of the schools I've applied to. Albany only ever notified me about the interview and I have literally heard nothing since being placed on their AL. Didn't give us positions or tiers, nor a timeline of when usual acceptances from the AL roll out. Pretty much gonna be crickets until I do or don't get in. So while I can def understand being frustrated by a lack of communication, I think the main reason they do it is to be fair. As we can see in this thread alone, even a minor communication some people think is a massive deal and in some ways that's worse for our mental health because it makes us all even more worried regardless of whether or not we receive it.
I agree, but also on the flip side, not saying anything to neurotic people such as us, will only make us more neurotic. So some transparency on when we should expect to hear back and what those decisions may even look like would be nice. Also, I think it’s pretty crazy that someone who interviews in September does not know their decision at this point in March. I get both sides, but a happy medium of communication would be nice and we shouldn’t be setting the bar at no communication/transparency at all

Hello, I wish everyone here the best of luck with their application cycle. I am super new to SDN and just want some feedback. I am in state and had my interview in September. I received a CR email in December and haven't heard anything else since. Any advice/thoughts? Thank you!!!

Hello, I wish everyone here the best of luck with their application cycle. I am super new to SDN and just want some feedback. I am in state and had my interview in September. I received a CR email in December and haven't heard anything else since. Any advice/thoughts? Thank you!!!
Pretty much in the same boat as the rest of us here lol. Just waiting and hoping for the best

Last edited:
until you hear back from school with an acceptance, you should be planning to reapply. like panda said, most of us are waiting post interview result.

Facebook went up by 16 today … maybe they did acceptances and people just didn’t post here.

• Wow
Facebook went up by 16 today … maybe they did acceptances and people just didn’t post here.
It could also be that the FB information was just provided recently and not when they were accepted two weeks ago

One of my friends who was recently admitted in the last wave just got into the Facebook Group, so I don’t think this was from yesterday