2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lol still hoping for a first look at a decision:lol:

LOL this is so real. After waiting through the entire waitlist period last cycle, March can't come soon enough this time around. As much as I know they're taking their time this cycle, I'm starting to lose my mind a little bit.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Okay so I interviewed 9/21 got the CR email 12/15 and haven’t heard since… when do we think a decision will come? I’m hoping within the next couple of weeks

Reactions: 1 users
Okay so I interviewed 9/21 got the CR email 12/15 and haven’t heard since… when do we think a decision will come? I’m hoping within the next couple of weeks

Honestly, I'm expecting the majority of the decisions from this point on to come early March. They said that everyone would know by the end of March, so I bet they've been taking the last few weeks to plow through as many apps as they can so they can do a mass release a few times next month. If we're lucky, we may get a few next Tuesday, but I fully expect things to get busy next month.

Seriously though, was there a first look tour for UNC SOM? I didn't catch that invite 😬

I don't think they have done any in-person events unless you were accepted. I don't think they did that last year either.

When in March do final decisions go out for students under continued review?

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck everyone for tomorrow!! Fingers crossed we all get in :)

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Still no portal change this morning lol. Can feel myself slowly letting go and becoming more neurotic.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Do we think that acceptances today will be for those who interviewed after the New Year or for everyone?

Do we think that acceptances today will be for those who interviewed after the New Year or for everyone?

Would be kinda clutch money if this were the case because I'm losing sanity. But it sounds like there haven't been the usual portal changes that precede acceptances so I guess we'll see

1709045010008.jpeg

Me outside the med school right now

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Based one when they've gone out this year and last, I'd say that if we haven't heard anything by around 1-2ish, then they're most likely waiting until next week.

Based one when they've gone out this year and last, I'd say that if we haven't heard anything by around 1-2ish, then they're most likely waiting until next week.
or the week after next...so we can get worked up over nothing once again.

Portal change… interviewed 2/1 IS

No portal change for me, I'm going to stop checking and accept the worse for now </3

Reactions: 6 users
Same lol. I feel like this is starting to get extremely unhealthy.

Reactions: 5 users
Does that mean you got hit with the R bruv? If so I’m sorry

From previous posts people saw portal changes hours to days before they received an A. I’m not going to say anything definitively bc I’m not getting my hopes up till I get a call or email but my fingers are crossed!

I'm not complaining (I'm complaining), but it's wild how people who interviewed in Nov and Dec have yet to hear back yet
And September 🥲 - but as neurotic as I am, I have elected not to check my portal for my own sanity

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Portal Change to application checklist (NC Residency determination status) no email

Call from my interviewer telling me I got accepted just now.

IS A call just now. Interviewed 1/18. Reapp. Portal changed to application checklist (NC residency).

Interviewed 11/30. In state. Portal changed to include the NC RDS section. Y’all remember to put your phones down and go for a walk or something, don’t spend all day stressing about this stuff please.

The late Nov interviewees must’ve been god-tier bc I’ve seen a lot admitted

When do we think that the last big round of acceptances/waitlists will be? Mid March?