2023-2024 South Carolina - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there an accepted student FB group or does that come later?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get the interview invite wait list email? It said all their slots are filled right now and they’ll contact us to schedule interview when slots open up. Anyone have more info on this?

Anyone know when financial aid/ scholarship info comes out?
During the open house they told us that most people would hear about scholarship offers in the new year, but I haven't heard anything yet. The info on the portal also says that they will not make loan offers until April.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if people actually get off of the continued review list before the waitlist comes out in April?

Gave up my interview slot, hope someone else here can take it since I know there aren’t many openings available

Interviewed yesterday. Was told we'd get results at the end of the day on Friday. Was not prepared to open my email this morning and be put into active consideration. We keep on praying.

Interviewed yesterday. Was told we'd get results at the end of the day on Friday. Was not prepared to open my email this morning and be put into active consideration. We keep on praying.
Yeah, they get those results back fast… I actually respect it a lot. Are u IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does active consideration mean waitlist?

Just got the A call, interviewed yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users
Does USC SOM have p/f system and does anyone know if the preclinical is 18 months or 2 years. Would appreciate any pros and cons of this school.

Does USC SOM have p/f system and does anyone know if the preclinical is 18 months or 2 years. Would appreciate any pros and cons of this school.

The school is p/f only for M1 & M2. You get grades during 3rd year rotations. Preclinicals right now is 2 years since we get like a 10-week summer between M1 & M2. The curriculum committee is currently discussing the possibility of shortening preclinicals a little bit (partly by shortening summer break) to allow more time for Step 1 dedicated

Reactions: 1 users
The school is p/f only for M1 & M2. You get grades during 3rd year rotations. Preclinicals right now is 2 years since we get like a 10-week summer between M1 & M2. The curriculum committee is currently discussing the possibility of shortening preclinicals a little bit (partly by shortening summer break) to allow more time for Step 1 dedicated
Thank you for your reply! Very helpful.

is there an accepted students groupme or facebook group?
not yet, i tried making a groupme before but no one responded. We can make one now if people are interested

waitlist oos, strong close ties + re-applicant (was interviewed + waitlisted last year)

IS Middle Tier Accepted off the waitlist a few minutes ago. Good luck everyone!!!