2023-2024 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats man. i’m really hoping they didn’t send out all the As today. i would think like others have said that they would wait till next week, but i didn’t expect them to give out As today.

Reactions: 1 user
On interview day I remember them saying 12-15 calls would go out every month, and since interviews started in November that's only like 45 acceptances. With a few people already dropping their acceptance, I'd think up to like ~80 might get the call next week
I would say it’s probably slightly less just because Mizzou has pre admittance programs (Bryant Scholars). I do not know how many that is exactly but I’d guess probably 10-20 people so maybe 60-70 hear back? Idk exactly how many people it though - so we will see

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else get the A today or an update? so far radio silence here.... I would not even be thinking about it if not for Busy11pk bringing home the big prize! ;)

• Haha
anyone else get the A today or an update? so far radio silence here.... I would not even be thinking about it if not for Busy11pk bringing home the big prize! ;)

+1 on nothing for me. I’m still a believer in the March 8 release

It's like fishing: no fish are biting for all of us and one angler reels in a trophy while we sit watching in disbelief! :lol:

Tension is building... we are now under one week to the big reveal

• Wow
Ugh - should not have gotten on here this morning. Congrats on the Acceptance, but the radio silence is killing me. The only thing keeping me sane was the idea that I wouldn’t hear anything until Friday. Guess I’ll just be a ball of nerves all week 😵‍💫😵‍💫

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck to everyone waiting!! can't wait to meet those of you who will be part of the class on second look. reminder that WL is not rejection!

Reactions: 4 users
good luck to everyone waiting!! can't wait to meet those of you who will be part of the class on second look. reminder that WL is not rejection!
the second look is really close to when they accept the bulk of the class which is interesting

Ugh - should not have gotten on here this morning. Congrats on the Acceptance, but the radio silence is killing me. The only thing keeping me sane was the idea that I wouldn’t hear anything until Friday. Guess I’ll just be a ball of nerves all week 😵‍💫😵‍💫
I believe Friday is "the day!". There is only the one exception to the rule so far and when I nervously called the admissions office last week (oops!) they stated that by end of day Friday things should be final/final.

4 days until the "big reveal" but who's counting?
Sad Happy Hour GIF

• Haha
I believe Friday is "the day!". There is only the one exception to the rule so far and when I nervously called the admissions office last week (oops!) they stated that by end of day Friday things should be final/final.
Only reason I am so nervous is that on my interview day, they said “You will get your decision by March 8”.

My brain heard the “by” and said, “So it could be before??”

But there is no reason they would send out staggered A/WL/R, right? It would make more sense to release it all at the same time.

Yep, I have had the same mental gyrations, but then settled on believing that the historical precedent of the Friday release will hold true..... but, yeah, I am struggling big time to the point of panic attacks. Luckily, my identity is hidden as it would be "bad look" but even though I have four acceptances they all mean almost nothing to me compared to being able to go to my dream school - which is Missouri. I want to be accepted here so badly it hurts.... I wish I could time travel to Friday.... lol - so you are not alone in stressing!

Yep, I have had the same mental gyrations, but then settled on believing that the historical precedent of the Friday release will hold true..... but, yeah, I am struggling big time to the point of panic attacks. Luckily, my identity is hidden as it would be "bad look" but even though I have four acceptances they all mean almost nothing to me compared to being able to go to my dream school - which is Missouri. I want to be accepted here so badly it hurts.... I wish I could time travel to Friday.... lol - so you are not alone in stressing!
Lucky 😭 I’m sitting here with one Waitlist, and waiting to hear from MU. I got way, way, way fewer interviews this year than I expected/hoped. Never even heard back from the university where I did my Masters.

Lucky 😭 I’m sitting here with one Waitlist, and waiting to hear from MU. I got way, way, way fewer interviews this year than I expected/hoped. Never even heard back from the university where I did my Masters.
Bummer, I am sorry to hear that. What state are you from if you do not mind me asking? But, look the waitlist could turn out well if this one doesn't. A ton of students I know came off the wait list, actually the majority of them did. So do not give up.... if you do not mind me asking, what was your GPA and MCAT?

Bummer, I am sorry to hear that. What state are you from if you do not mind me asking? But, look the waitlist could turn out well if this one doesn't. A ton of students I know came off the wait list, actually the majority of them did. So do not give up.... if you do not mind me asking, what was your GPA and MCAT?
Check your DMs :3

Admissions office just confirmed the Friday release is set in stone!

Reactions: 2 users
Word on the street is that they will start releasing Friday morning and go all day long.... so it will be a crazy Friday.... less than 48 hrs away now!

Word on the street is that they will start releasing Friday morning and go all day long.... so it will be a crazy Friday.... less than 48 hrs away now!
Fingers crossed everyone!

could be tomorrow or friday. that’s what i heard, thursday release is also possible.

• Wow
I got no As I need Miz to come in clutch so I don't end up a reapplicant

could be tomorrow or friday. that’s what i heard, thursday release is also possible.
Oh god don’t say that. I specifically took Friday off of work so I could have a meltdown in the privacy of my own home if need be.

Oh god don’t say that. I specifically took Friday off of work so I could have a meltdown in the privacy of my own home if need be.
sorry just giving you a heads up so yall not caught off guard. it’s possible decisions are released tomorrow. based on people i know at mizzou med and past years threads, im gonna assume its a thursday.

sorry just giving you a heads up so yall not caught off guard. it’s possible decisions are released tomorrow. based on people i know at mizzou med and past years threads, im gonna assume its a thursday.
Honestly I’d be fine with a Thursday release. At least then I’d know, one way or another.

I also perused all the prior years' threads and thought it would be tomorrow based on that. But then I called the admissions office for the second time and they stated it would be Friday for sure. So who knows now? I would love for it to be tomorrow, though!

Tomorrow is the day ladies and gents
I have it in my calendar as “D-Day” 😂

Good luck everyone! Tonight is gonna be a loooooong night for me. Probably not a lot of sleeping 😂

I have it in my calendar as “D-Day” 😂

Good luck everyone! Tonight is gonna be a loooooong night for me. Probably not a lot of sleeping 😂
Agreed! I only slept four hrs last night and that was just the prelude! It's crazy! I am already dying inside!!!

We are almost within the 24 hr window! Best of luck to you all.... this is where the rubber meets the road. You are all worthy! You are all awesome! No matter what happens, everyone has worked so hard to get to this point. It is out of our hands so let's just try to release it as we wait.

Agreed! I only slept four hrs last night and that was just the prelude! It's crazy! I am already dying inside!!!
I slept pretty well last night, but I have a feeling that tonight is gonna be roughhhhh

IS WL just now. Disappointing as I hoped for an acceptance, but it isn’t a rejection. Good luck everyone!

Post-II R. It’s awful how this school kept me in limbo for 4 months just to be rejected when there was a good chance I was put in the R pile the day after my interview. Best of luck to the rest of you

• Care
Got put on alternate list today. They said I can email tomorrow to see which third of the list I occupy

• Care
Alt list :/
As per the email, do we only have a chance at being accepted after July 1st?