2023-2024 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Alt list :/
As per the email, do we only have a chance at being accepted after July 1st?
If so, I’m gonna lose my mind. I’m on the waitlist at Nova MD and they said students won’t hear anything until May, but they started sending out WL acceptances last month. So who knows, really.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if we can ask tomorrow or if we have to wait until Monday to see where we sit on the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if we can ask tomorrow or if we have to wait until Monday to see where we sit on the alternate list?
I definitely only saw “Alternate list” and immediately emailed them back asking where I was. Only re-read the email and saw that they said not to do that until tomorrow. Oops 😳

• Haha
Alt list :/
As per the email, do we only have a chance at being accepted after July 1st?
Actually, I just read the email (for the 5th time) and it said that acceptances AFTER July 1 will automatically come with a campus assignment, meaning acceptances BEFORE July 1 will have the opportunity to choose. So it seems like the list will move before then. Likely, a few over the next few days, then many more after the AAMC 1-acceptance deadline in April.

from past years, does anyone know which third of alternate list pretty much guarantees an A?

from past years, does anyone know which third of alternate list pretty much guarantees an A?
Last year, they said it usually goes through “the middle of the middle third” so, approximately half the waitlist. That’s is in no way a solid number though.

Actually, I just read the email (for the 5th time) and it said that acceptances AFTER July 1 will automatically come with a campus assignment, meaning acceptances BEFORE July 1 will have the opportunity to choose. So it seems like the list will move before then. Likely, a few over the next few days, then many more after the AAMC 1-acceptance deadline in April.
how/when do wait list acceptances come out? Do they do like a big batch at once? Or is it sending them out individually as wait listed people get in?

Last year, they said it usually goes through “the middle of the middle third” so, approximately half the waitlist. That’s is in no way a solid number though.
Hm ok so if we end up in upper third it's pretty much an A

how/when do wait list acceptances come out? Do they do like a big batch at once? Or is it sending them out individually as wait listed people get in?
Individually as people reject acceptance offers.

Also they said "Please be advised that we will not accept any applicant off the alternate list who has matriculated to another medical school."

Is this only if we've chosen a med school in the AAMC portal? I've been accepted at a D.O. school and paid deposit but I am not for sure committed yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
someone got off the bottom 1/3 last year if you look at this thread

someone got off the bottom 1/3 last year if you look at this thread
Black Widow Avengers GIF

So in the email they said "after March 8" we can inquire about our position, does this mean I can email them tomorrow or wait until the 9th?

Just spoke with admissions; we are free to e-mail tonight after 5 p.m. Great to know that!

Reactions: 1 users
Post-II R. It’s awful how this school kept me in limbo for 4 months just to be rejected when there was a good chance I was put in the R pile the day after my interview. Best of luck to the rest of you
I am sorry to hear I totally feel you this happened to me last year too, but hey don't give up hope I am sure you will have a spot meant for you at another school and become a great doctor! Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

OOS Alt list... guess I will just keep waiting..

Maybe the A wave is tmrw
Maybe. Wouldn’t make much sense if that’s the case. If I were an admissions committee, I’d send out the A’s first. Any immediate rejections would mean I could send out more A’s to people at the top of the waitlist.

Maybe. Wouldn’t make much sense if that’s the case. If I were an admissions committee, I’d send out the A’s first. Any immediate rejections would mean I could send out more A’s to people at the top of the waitlist.
Yeah that's what I thought too bc other schools send out As first before WL or R...

IS R

Wild that they have the audacity to say they won’t give feedback on the application we paid to submit, but are also offering a $250 pre-med course to find weak points in the application.

• Wow
IS R

Wild that they have the audacity to say they won’t give feedback on the application we paid to submit, but are also offering a $250 pre-med course to find weak points in the application.
That sucks. I’m sorry. I was in your shoes last year, and only took a (small) step forward with the WL this year. Cheers and hopefully you have A’s in other places

IS R

so sorry to hear this! it sucks, I know. This is my fourth cycle so it could always be worse.

Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent?

Does anyone know if they accept letters of intent?
As far as I know (I could be wrong) on Interview day, they said that our application files are closed, so no further updates/materials/etc would be accepted. Whether that changes for students on the waitlist or not, I do not know.

So sorry to hear this! You will get in somewhere, and it does look like at least one person got in last year who was in the bottom 1/3.
I think it's wraps for me with Miz... this scares me bc if I'm bottom third here then I wonder if I'm also on the bottom of the waitlist for two other schools I'm waitlisted at... sigh. To be fair I am OOS so I wonder if that's why I'm bottom third

Last edited:
I think it's wraps for me with Miz... this scares me bc if I'm bottom third here then I wonder if I'm also on the bottom of the waitlist for two other schools I'm waitlisted at... sigh. To be fair I am OOS so I wonder if that's why I'm bottom third
OOS is likely a big component. I believe MU only interviews a few OOS applicants, and from them, an even smaller portion are offered seats.

If it makes you feel any better, I’m also in the bottom 1/3 and I am an in-state applicant. Cycle is basically over for me.

Craziest past 24 hours for me, I got waitlisted, found out I was bottom third, and then received an acceptance to another school an hour later. I will be letting go of my position on the alternate list here (even tho it prob won't make a difference). Imma become a doctor finally 😭😭😭

Reactions: 4 users
As far as I know (I could be wrong) on Interview day, they said that our application files are closed, so no further updates/materials/etc would be accepted. Whether that changes for students on the waitlist or not, I do not know.
They do not accept letters of intent for people on the alternate list

Craziest past 24 hours for me, I got waitlisted, found out I was bottom third, and then received an acceptance to another school an hour later. I will be letting go of my position on the alternate list here (even tho it prob won't make a difference). Imma become a doctor finally 😭😭😭
Congrats man!!!!!!! Manifesting this for me too 😂 Just sent a letter of interest to the other school I am waitlisted at 🤞

• Care
Congrats man!!!!!!! Manifesting this for me too 😂 Just sent a letter of interest to the other school I am waitlisted at 🤞
Thanks man!!!! Manifesting that MD A for you as well!

No way! AWESOME! if you don't mind me asking, what other school are you accepted to? and CONGRATS!!!!!

Nice work! You could be next with the big acceptance!

Does anyone have any idea how alternate list movement looks like at mizzou med? I know they changed their admissions process this year but not sure how that impacts it? Thank you!

I believe it picks up like crazy mid-April. Last year students were being accepted from the middle 1/3 by May 1st. So you should be in really good shape.