2023-2024 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe it picks up like crazy mid-April. Last year students were being accepted from the middle 1/3 by May 1st. So you should be in really good shape.

Thank you Kenster! Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those curious, I do remember someone in my class being accepted VERY shortly before M1 orientation. Like, literal days before. So, don’t lose hope! Mizzou is a school that is very well-known to convert WL -> A.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those curious, I do remember someone in my class being accepted VERY shortly before M1 orientation. Like, literal days before. So, don’t lose hope! Mizzou is a school that is very well-known to convert WL -> A.
I hope so. Bottom 1/3 of the WL, but MU is my top choice. I wanna go there so badly 😭

top third WL! anyone know when mizzou typically starts to pull from the wait list?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all! I’m an M4 at Mizzou Med integrating into Family Medicine. Happy to answer any questions on here to the best of my abilities! I don’t really check my DMs, so just feel free to tag me :)
@Smolpuppo21 @DesiPreMed I wanted to ask if either of you have any advice or experience regarding MedPrep 3 for accepted students? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should take it-- I wouldn't mind a re-fresh and primer on the basic courses before classes start, but I've also heard not to waste the last of our last free time before entering med school. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Here’s the match list for the c/o 2024!

Attachments

• 2024_PUBLIC Match List_FINAL.xlsx
    16.1 KB · Views: 65
Didn’t realize how waiting would be the most brutal part of the cycle😩

Members don't see this ad :)
Bottom third... another day of waiting lol
I called the school today and they mentioned that it is not impossible to get to the bottom 1/3. I believe they got there last year, if it is any consolation! :)

@Smolpuppo21 @DesiPreMed I wanted to ask if either of you have any advice or experience regarding MedPrep 3 for accepted students? I'm trying to decide whether or not I should take it-- I wouldn't mind a re-fresh and primer on the basic courses before classes start, but I've also heard not to waste the last of our last free time before entering med school. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Don't do it. I'm an M1 who did it, and it ended up being a waste of my time.

Has anyone come off the wait list yet? I am starting to feel increasingly anxious.... ugh!

Withdrew from here. Hoping it goes to one of you.

Just spoke with admissions; there has been very, very little movement on the waitlist to this point. They said that by May 5th there should be really good movement.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted today but I’m gonna withdraw my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone!

Any estimates on how many have come off the WL? I’m trying to gauge if movement this year has been on par with historical trends.

are there different WL for IS vs OOS?
Yes. This is because there is a state statute that caps the number of out of state students. This is what I was told by the admissions office. Therefore, if it is only in-staters turning down their acceptances, we out-of-staters (yes I am in this category too) will be out of luck. Not sure if you are OOS or IS, actually, so if you are IS that is awesome for you! :)

The wait is really tough. Has anyone else gotten accepted or turned down their acceptances?

next week is HUGE - basically, the waitlist will do 95% of its movement at that time as the 4/30 deadline hits for students to commit to one med school. It will be a wild week! Manifesting an A for all of us waiting....

next week is HUGE - basically, the waitlist will do 95% of its movement at that time as the 4/30 deadline hits for students to commit to one med school. It will be a wild week! Manifesting an A for all of us waiting....
So nervous 😭🙃🥳

Do you mind sharing where that 95% number comes from?

the movement might be later because mizzou has delayed financial aid packages til next week due to fasfa issues

Literally Mizzou made me so mad about that, like I get the fafsa ****ed up, but truly the reason I couldn’t reasonably give Mizzou a chance was I had no idea what the $$$ situation was

• Wow
Literally Mizzou made me so mad about that, like I get the fafsa ****ed up, but truly the reason I couldn’t reasonably give Mizzou a chance was I had no idea what the $$$ situation was
30% of students get aid. Mizzou is cheap compared to other schools though

That is concerning….
The fact that they didn’t give us the aid money before the deadline? Yeaaaaah I was concerned. I couldn’t say no to a school where I knew I was getting half tuition on the hopes that mizzzou would give me something better 😭

I’m happy with where I am going tho. Good luck to you guys!!!

I was accepted OOS early this morning! :) I am so happy I am crying tears of joy!

Reactions: 5 users
plenty more seats available; I will be so excited for all of you who also get accepted!

Does anyone know if we are allowed to email and ask for an update of where we are are on the waitlist as I’m sure some movement has occurred since we ere originally able to ask

Does anyone know if we are allowed to email and ask for an update of where we are are on the waitlist as I’m sure some movement has occurred since we ere originally able to ask
I checked with admissions and they said they are on the middle third for IS and top third for OOS I believe. They can’t say how many ppl are ahead of you tho