2023-2024 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Email about status unchanged. What does this mean? Do people get accepted after this? IS. Interviewed earlier this month.

Email about status unchanged. What does this mean? Do people get accepted after this? IS. Interviewed earlier this month.
Yeah -- so how they explained it is they give everyone a score post-interview, then they compare those scores to previous years' scores. Those who score well above the average from previous years are offered admission, while all others remain in the pool but their status does not change. Roughly 12-15 interviewees will be offered admission each month. So next month, your score will be pooled in with those of the applicants who interview this coming month. At that point, if you are in the top 12-15, you will be offered admission. They'll keep doing this each month until March, when they give "final decisions" (i.e. admission, alt list, rejection). At that point, I believe there will be exactly 128 extended admission and 128 put on a ranked alt list. If put on the alt list, you will be notified which tier (top vs middle vs bottom third) you are on.

All in all, Mizzou will end up offering admission to about 200 students from 400 interviews, so almost 70% are offered admission in March or later compared to 30% who receive early notification.

TL;DR you still have a good shot -- wait until March for a final decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah -- so how they explained it is they give everyone a score post-interview, then they compare those scores to previous years' scores. Those who score well above the average from previous years are offered admission, while all others remain in the pool but their status does not change. Roughly 12-15 interviewees will be offered admission each month. So next month, your score will be pooled in with those of the applicants who interview this coming month. At that point, if you are in the top 12-15, you will be offered admission. They'll keep doing this each month until March, when they give "final decisions" (i.e. admission, alt list, rejection). At that point, I believe there will be exactly 128 extended admission and 128 put on a ranked alt list. If put on the alt list, you will be notified which tier (top vs middle vs bottom third) you are on.

All in all, Mizzou will end up offering admission to about 200 students from 400 interviews, so almost 70% are offered admission in March or later compared to 30% who receive early notification.

TL;DR you still have a good shot -- wait until March for a final decision.
Thanks for explaining this so clearly. I have acceptances from other schools but Mizzou is in state for me, so there is the consideration of lower tuition.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II today. First MD interview after 3 DO interview. Any advice for interview will be greatly appreciated!

Does anyone know if Mizzou takes update letters? IS haven’t gotten an II but things have changed such as new awards and publications and was hoping that would
Move the needle

Does anyone know if Mizzou takes update letters? IS haven’t gotten an II but things have changed such as new awards and publications and was hoping that would
Move the needle
They do not accept updates after II. I'm unsure if they accept LOI though.

Last edited:
Assuming that’s only post interview?
Yes, sorry, it is only after your interview that they don't accept anything else. Thank you for clarifying, I wouldn't have wanted to give out incomplete information.

Yes, sorry, it is only after your interview that they don't accept anything else. Thank you for clarifying, I wouldn't have wanted to give out incomplete information.
All good thank you very much

For those that received II/A what were your stats? My MCAT is below the average but have good gpa and plenty of experience. Mizzou is my top choice and I’m honestly considering taking my MCAT again and reapplying next year if I don’t get accepted here.

So far I’ve only had 2 DO II and haven’t heard from any MD school. I want to be a neurosurgeon and I know that’s a lot harder to do from a DO school.

For those that received II/A what were your stats? My MCAT is below the average but have good gpa and plenty of experience. Mizzou is my top choice and I’m honestly considering taking my MCAT again and reapplying next year if I don’t get accepted here.

So far I’ve only had 2 DO II and haven’t heard from any MD school. I want to be a neurosurgeon and I know that’s a lot harder to do from a DO school.
I have a 3.9X and a high 50X mcat. I am not sure if this is 100% true, but based off what I see and hear mizzou med has an overall very holistic approach to their applicants, they have accepted students with low-ish stats, it's usually other elements that make the applicant stand out I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)

I have a slightly below 510 MCAT and got an interview here with good GPA (3.7ish/3.8). I think there are always other aspects of your app that will get you the interview other than an MCAT score. Good luck to you!

I have a slightly below 510 MCAT and got an interview here with good GPA (3.7ish/3.8). I think there are always other aspects of your app that will get you the interview other than an MCAT score. Good luck to you!
The average at mizzou is a 509 so your above their mark 🤷🏻‍♀️

The average at mizzou is a 509 so your above their mark 🤷🏻‍♀️
Mine is below 509 but I think I was referring to the general average MCAT not just for mizzou being over 510/511. Either way I saw on their website for IS applicants they still consider even lower MCATs. Congrats on the acceptance!

Does anyone know if we just email the admissions email with an update letter or if there is a specific portal for it?

when was your interview? i’m stressing rn 😂
They interviewed same day as me (12/12)— I got in 12/14, and they got in today so it looks like it depends on when they get to your app in the pile! I wouldn’t take timing to heart ♥️

Does anyone know how many OOS students gets accepted? Currently sitting on 2 WL from both my IS II and am counting on MU to come in clutch now... my interview is set for 1/16

My friend got an II yesterday. MCAT 507, complete late August I believe.

Does anyone know how many OOS students gets accepted? Currently sitting on 2 WL from both my IS II and am counting on MU to come in clutch now... my interview is set for 1/16
according to last year's statistics they said 84% were from MO, so around ~20 students are OOS from this M1 class

Anyone else interview in December but haven’t heard back yet? Assuming we will this week?

I hope so, I interviewed last week and didn’t hear anything back yet. If we do hear something in December, it’ll probably be today or Thursday. If not, they’ll probably delay the response until January.
They said they send out updates once a month and the December updates were sent out Dec. 21 around 10am.

They said they send out updates once a month and the December updates were sent out Dec. 21 around 10am.
Yea that’s what I was thinking except a lot of people didn’t receive the “status unchanged” email. When they send updates it’s usually A for some ppl and status unchanged for everyone else.

Did anyone else not receive a status update this month? Interviewed early November
I interviewed first week of Dec and did not receive any post-interview correspondence (survey invitation notwithstanding)

yea at this point i don’t even care about this school, they seem disorganized and a complete mess. One of the interviewers was extremely disinterested and rude. And then they take 10 minutes to discuss whether an applicant should be admitted or pushed into the pile. Complete joke.
I still really like the school but had a similar interview experience. The student panel was great, though, really emphasized the amount of time you have to explore your interests and also how well everyone seems to know each other and work together. But yeah admissions is a bit of a mess considering they started interviews 2 months later than most schools and don’t give final decisions to most interviewees until march. If UVA can turn decisions in 2 days post-ii, I don’t understand how schools can justify a 5 month turnaround time

Reactions: 1 users