2023-2024 Missouri - Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
i’m sorry to hear

sorry to hear that. keep your head up! this process is hard but we will each find our way. was this pre II or post interview?

pre interview. I’m not totally surprised because my MCAT is well below their average, but I thought being a MO resident and committed to serving the state (which i wrote strongly about in my secondary) would at least help get me an interview

Completed my interview yesterday as an OOS applicant. It was a very smooth experience for me personally.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what happens after an interview? In state II completed early Jan. Are some people going to be accepted this Friday? Or do the remainder of all acceptances go out March? Ty!

Anyone know what happens after an interview? In state II completed early Jan. Are some people going to be accepted this Friday? Or do the remainder of all acceptances go out March? Ty!
I assume we'll all get an update Friday or early next week. I believe most acceptances go out in early March though.

Does anyone happen to know what percent of interviewees get accepted? How many of waitlist? No biggie if not, just wondered

Members don't see this ad :)
In years past they've dug pretty far into the waitlist, too, with estimates of about 70 coming off the waitlist. So in all post-II acceptance should float around 50%

+1 no updates either, interviewed early January. Side note, I just wanted to say how happy I was after my interview day, and how nice everybody was (especially the other interviewees). I didn't have the best experience during my interview with my state school in the PNW, and in the break rooms with the other applicants nobody really responded/talked to one another. It was so refreshing being able to connect with potential future classmates :) and it really showed me the culture of Mizzou since many of you were there for undergrad

Reactions: 2 users
From what they said on interview day, they only accept 12-15 per month, so assuming that's true they've only extended ~45 acceptances so far. Last year they ended up extending almost 200 acceptances in total with almost 70 coming from the waitlist. I think we can assume then that they've only given out about 25% of their acceptances so far. We should find out by mid-March where we officially stand

OOS A, interviewed late November. I will be turning down the acceptance, hopefully it goes to one of you! This was by far my worst interview experience, one of the interviewers kept cutting me off and talking down to me. It left a very bad impression of the school.

OOS A, interviewed late November. I will be turning down the acceptance, hopefully it goes to one of you! This was by far my worst interview experience, one of the interviewers kept cutting me off and talking down to me. It left a very bad impression of the school.
lol i had a similar interview experience but i still hope i get in. got an OOS offer but the price is so drastically different I’m willing to ignore the interview experience for this IS tuition.

I also had a similar experience -- I think the interviewers are dramatically variable, like one of the M4s on the student panel mentioned how in one of his interviews they spent the majority of the time talking about the Cardinals season and that was certainly not the vibe I got from either of my interviewers. My student interview felt like a stress test tbh, and my faculty interviewer seemed so bored and uninterested.

However, the student panel was probably the best out of all of my interviews minus maybe WashU. They had a lot to say about class culture and general happiness, and they seemed pretty candid about some of the negatives. They definitely saved the interview day imo

Mizzou often drags out applications till the very end and rejects them. Good luck to you guys but I’m think it’s a soft R for me.
Your first sentence is not true. Mizzou waits to give out like 80% of acceptances until March. Try to be more optimistic.

Your first sentence is not true. Mizzou waits to give out like 80% of acceptances until March. Try to be more optimistic.
There’s a lot of acceptances but also a lot of rejections in March. In fact 99% of post II rejections happen in March because Mizzou typically never rejects right after interview. It’s not about being optimistic, it’s about being real so we can consider our other options.

There’s a lot of acceptances but also a lot of rejections in March. In fact 99% of post II rejections happen in March because Mizzou typically never rejects right after interview. It’s not about being optimistic, it’s about being real so we can consider our other options.
I will have to respectfully disagree, I think there are two (three if you include being placed on alternate list) clear results that can happen in March, which what you mentioned can either be an acceptance or rejection. I think you're just trying to prepare for the worst case scenario which is always good but don't try to automatically assume this is a "soft R" or close off the possibility that you can always end up accepted in March after having status unchanged for some time now.

The sound of it is that a large wave of waitlist applicants will still be accepted later in the cycle. No one is getting soft rejected at this point.

A family member of mine just got accepted today, she also had a REALLY rough interview. One common strategy in these interviews it to MAKE the applicant uncomfortable. They want to see how you react to someone that is rude or putting pressure on you. This is not always a sign an interview went well or poorly because it going poorly can be by design. Do not read too much into it.

Lots of acceptances will still go out for Mizzou this year.

Usually there’s student ambassadors from the M1/M2 class who make a Facebook page for y’all :)
I believe I have found a facebook group but it is only visible, I am unsure of how to join. I am new to facebook so are these types of groups things you have to be invited into?

do we think they will update March 1st which is a Friday, or all the way out to Mid-March?

do we think they will update March 1st which is a Friday, or all the way out to Mid-March?
...good question, in previous years it seemed to be the first Friday but this year they started interviews later than usual so idk if that would affect anything. Ofc their emails have said they'd be finished by early March so I would think either the 1st or 8th

Last edited:

I recently interviewed and they said we should have final decisions by March 8th. thats the end of their cycle except for the Alternative List

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone fully understand the AMCAS choose your medical school tool? I understand that it is ultimately to ensure that people get decisions in a timely manner but in regard to the February 20th opening - if I have been accepted to MU but am an alternate at other institutions, but I select plan to enroll for MU (the other institution is not informed until the April 30th deadline), right?

does anyone think we will get an update on Friday? and then final decisions the next Friday, or just radio silent until one big reveal on March 8th?

does anyone think we will get an update on Friday? and then final decisions the next Friday, or just radio silent until one big reveal on March 8th?
I assumed there wouldn’t be a march update just one big decision day. I’m curious how many As are going out whenever the day is

I assumed there wouldn’t be a march update just one big decision day. I’m curious how many As are going out whenever the day is
On interview day I remember them saying 12-15 calls would go out every month, and since interviews started in November that's only like 45 acceptances. With a few people already dropping their acceptance, I'd think up to like ~80 might get the call next week

Reactions: 1 users