2023-2024 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got an II today! IS, was complete in August.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed on 11/30 still hasn't heard anything? I know no news is better than bad news but at this point, something feels wrong...

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed on 11/30 still hasn't heard anything? I know no news is better than bad news but at this point, something feels wrong...

Different day, but interviewed on 12/4 and haven’t heard yet. Hoping for this week…

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone who has gotten an A recently have any more info about how many seats are full so far (I thought I read here somewhere detroit campus was full already but wasn’t sure about Macomb or EL)

[mention]Dr_ Pepe [/mention] Hi! Can you please send me the GroupMe I don’t have permission to dm you.

I have a LM 63, submitted secondaries around end of October, in state applicant. Have around 5,500 clinical hours, traditional student. Still no interview, getting nervous. If I submitted secondaries in october on average how long would it take to hear back?

Thanks guys!
I submitted in September and heard back early November. I saw someone else submit in october and get an invite a few days later. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to when you hear back, unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview today and contrary to what most people have been saying, i actually had a pretty poor interview experience :/ my interviewer didn’t smile once and actually was intimidating right off the bat. Luckily im pretty experienced with interviews at this point, so when he threw some curveballs at me i felt like I handled them well, but one question i had really threw me off and the way I answered it actually couldn’t have been worse. I’ll definitely take the blame for part of the reason i felt like it was a bad experience, but I really wish I had a better interviewer. Hoping for a miracle because it is one of my top choice schools.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
I had my interview today and contrary to what most people have been saying, i actually had a pretty poor interview experience :/ my interviewer didn’t smile once and actually was intimidating right off the bat. Luckily im pretty experienced with interviews at this point, so when he threw some curveballs at me i felt like I handled them well, but one question i had really threw me off and the way I answered it actually couldn’t have been worse. I’ll definitely take the blame for part of the reason i felt like it was a bad experience, but I really wish I had a better interviewer. Hoping for a miracle because it is one of my top choice schools.
I thought MSUCOM was my worst interview and it's currently my only acceptance, so don't lose hope! Wishing you the best!

Yes I think MSUCOM's interview format is a bit flawed... I had a similar experience. It's tough when everything hinges on one short interview. I think because of that, I was waitlisted at MSUCOM after having a bad interview. But then I was accepted at another school in Michigan, Wayne State, after a good interview. I'm OOS and had borderline acceptable stats for MSU and below average for Wayne

Interview 11/30, still no decision. MSU's holiday break is nearly 4 weeks long so I'm holding out hope that when they said 4 week turnaround time, maybe they meant 4 business weeks? They did say there would be a delay because of the holidays but damn.

Any current MSUCOM students here that can answer a few questions for me?

Got the acceptance call today around 5:30 PM EST!!
IS, reapplicant. Interviewed 12/04

Reactions: 5 users
Interview 11/30, still no decision. MSU's holiday break is nearly 4 weeks long so I'm holding out hope that when they said 4 week turnaround time, maybe they meant 4 business weeks? They did say there would be a delay because of the holidays but damn.
FINALLY JUST GOT THE A Y'ALL 😭

Reactions: 10 users
Got the A call around 10am!! So excited!!! Interviewed 12/6

Hoping they’re just on a long lunch break and are not done for the day

• Haha
IS A call this morning! Interviewed on 12/4. So excited!!

Reactions: 9 users
got the A call this morning 8 am EST. IS, interviewed 11/30. So excited!!!
LM score 66.4

Congrats to all of the Acceptances! You guys did it!

• Care
Got the A around 2:20- interviewed 12/1 OOS! Congrats everyone!

Well that’s what I don’t know I guess I should’ve worded my question better to something like “is MSUCOM as good as the other two?” I already paid my NYIT deposit so idk anymore

I had As to KCU, DMU, NYITCOM-Ar, and AZCOM. I chose MSU over all of them. P/F, abundant research opportunities, solid clinical rotation sites, and affiliated residency programs. I didn’t consider cost and location so if those are important to you, that should be factored into your decision as well!

Reactions: 6 users
Well that’s what I don’t know😂 I guess I should’ve worded my question better to something like “is MSUCOM as good as the other two?” I already paid my NYIT deposit so idk anymore
Basically everything @Howdie said. I feel like MSU has everything an MD program has to offer

Well that’s what I don’t know😂 I guess I should’ve worded my question better to something like “is MSUCOM as good as the other two?” I already paid my NYIT deposit so idk anymore
I am turning down my A to DMU and rejected my interview from CCOM once I got an A from MSUCOM. I am IS which makes MSUCOM a more cost effective option, but from my research, it seems that MSUCOM is the best COM I applied to. I loved it even more after touring!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, because MSU literally has a MD school... which means MSUCOM probably also meets all LCME (MD) accreditation standard.
Not sure if the situation is different these days but a family member that's an MSUCOM grad said the COM and CHM students took the same classes in preclinical

when are we supposed to get the acceptance email after the call? i kinda forgot half of what she told me over that call

IS A via email just now. No call. 12/4 interview

Edit: Received a call at 10 am

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptances today.

I received a wait-list offer this morning after 12/6 interview. I am reeling because this is the only school I have interviewed at so far and my #1 choice. I was wondering if anyone can share any information about how many people are on the wait-list and how likely it is to get a spot? Posts from previous years say something about a waitlist tier system but my notification did not say anything about a tier list making me extremely worried. And should I communicate or reach out to the admissions in any way?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on your acceptances today.

I received a wait-list offer this morning after 12/6 interview. I am reeling because this is the only school I have interviewed at so far and my #1 choice. I was wondering if anyone can share any information about how many people are on the wait-list and how likely it is to get a spot? Posts from previous years say something about a waitlist tier system but my notification did not say anything about a tier list making me extremely worried. And should I communicate or reach out to the admissions in any way?
i heard they got rid of that this cycle
I went back a couple pages this cycle and no one got a tier raking with the WL email. they may not be doing it this year

I went back a couple pages this cycle and no one got a tier raking with the WL email. they may not be doing it this year
I was doing the same thing haha. I know this school has pretty high turnover for waitlisted applicants especially because I am IS so I remain hopeful. But it is not comforting to be waitlisted when other folks are still being interviewed and accepted. I wish I knew how many spots they have left to fill before they start accepting waitlisted applicants.