2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm also hoping to hear today, interviewed late September. But it seems they probably accept high stats people today while I'm definitely below average for MCG :/
I have a 518 and 3.9 and didn’t get it so don’t think it was just high stats. I thought my interview went really well and have strong ECs so I’m super bummed right now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance today at 1:03pm ! Interviewed first week of September, LM 75.5, 2Q Casper

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 518 and 3.9 and didn’t get it so don’t think it was just high stats. I thought my interview went really well and have strong ECs so I’m super bummed right now
Yeah I have a 523, 3.97, interviewed august 29 and nothing…oof. Thought I crushed my interview as well

As someone who helps conduct interviews at MCG, my general advice for those with upcoming interviews is to not come to the interview sounding rehearsed and please please please loosen up and have some personality. The above are what can cause people to receive poor/amazing reviews (especially personality)

Reactions: 5 users
I think many super high stat, qualified people are in the same boat right now at this school. I think most of us will hear good news in the upcoming months. This process is a black box.

About two weeks ago I got an email asking me to clarify my residency and prerequisite requirements. I saw on previous cycles some ppl eventually received IIs after. Wondering if we've had any cases this cycle yet?

• Hmm
About two weeks ago I got an email asking me to clarify my residency and prerequisite requirements. I saw on previous cycles some ppl eventually received IIs after. Wondering if we've had any cases this cycle yet?
This happened to me and about a week later I received an interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone around my stats heard back for an interview yet? GPA: 3.97, MCAT: 508, complete 9/1/2023
I just need some hope haha
LM ~75, complete 8/31 but nothing yet. I am OOS, though

Has anyone around my stats heard back for an interview yet? GPA: 3.97, MCAT: 508, complete 9/1/2023
I completed my apps on 9/1 and got an II. My stats are 3.8/518. I'm sure you will hear back from them soon cuz they haven't scheduled interviews beyond November 2nd. Your GPA is 🔥🔥🔥.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still havent gotten a II, im worried this is my state school LM 70, anyone else? I was complete beginning of august

Yes, I had pretty much exactly the same stats. I had a slightly lower MCAT actually. I was complete 8/23 if we're considering Casper score release date

Any idea who we send a thank you letter to post interview? Or which email? I was looking for Dr. Brauns email

Just received an email from them to confirm a prerequisite requirement, and they said if the course I took does not fulfill the requirement then I am "required to enroll in that course no later than Spring semester 2024."

Is this a good sign that I will receive an interview soon, or that they are seriously considering me? I feel like if they wanted to give me an R they wouldn't go through this trouble.

Anyone submit secondary in July and still hasn’t heard back for II. This is my state school so I’m getting a little worried. Does this mean they already passed on me?

Anyone submit secondary in July and still hasn’t heard back for II. This is my state school so I’m getting a little worried. Does this mean they already passed on me?
I'm in the same boat as you... LM 68, Submitted 07/12

I submitted in mid-July and got an II last week. They don't go in a discernible order, so keep your head up!

Last cycle when I applied, I submitted my secondary August 1st, and I didn't get an II until November, and then I got waitlisted when MCG announced their final acceptances in early to mid-February, and I never got accepted out of the waitlist, and I ended up reapplying.

That being said, last cycle there were people who interviewed in December and January and got accepted within 2-4 weeks, so there's hope if you perform an outstanding MMI.

Last edited:
I interviewed in August and didn’t hear back during the first round of acceptances. Realistically, am I still in the game?

If you don't get accepted the first wave you're eligible for, chances are high you'll be placed on the WL

• Sad
Anyone IS around LM 76 waiting for a II? I was complete 8/7, turned in my residency docs 9/3(because of some hiccups with my parent's licenses). I had a II here early September last year so I'm not sure if/when I should start to get worried.

this could be a dumb question but I just received an email saying that I need to verify a prerequisite. however, I cant find the secondary application link in my email. I have no clue what happened to it. could someone DM it to me please?

this could be a dumb question but I just received an email saying that I need to verify a prerequisite. however, I cant find the secondary application link in my email. I have no clue what happened to it. could someone DM it to me please?
it wont let me DM you, so i posted it here. lmk when you see it, ill delete it after

I submitted at the end of July with LM 70/71ish. Has anyone else heard nothing?? I am in state!

If you don't get accepted the first wave you're eligible for, chances are high you'll be placed on the WL
Aren't the only two options WL or R, if you don't get accepted?

Aren't the only two options WL or R, if you don't get accepted?
You technically are still in the running for future acceptance waves, but most end up the WL, which has the potential to become an A or a R. A good chunk of the class comes from the WL, so it's not hopeless to be placed on it.

I have a 500 mcat score, 3.4 gpa and haven't received an interview ever since I finished my application in July. Does this mean I do not qualify at all for an interview even though this school has double available spots more than other schools in GA?

I have a 500 mcat score, 3.4 gpa and haven't received an interview ever since I finished my application in July. Does this mean I do not qualify at all for an interview even though this school has double available spots more than other schools in GA?
i have 500 mcat, ~4.0 gpa, and have not recieved an II either. app complete (8/24)

Does everyone who submitted a secondary get a "residency verification" email? Or is it an indicator for an upcoming II?

Does everyone who submitted a secondary get a "residency verification" email? Or is it an indicator for an upcoming II?
Can’t guarantee anything, but I got the residency email and got an II about 2 weeks after.

I think it’s a standard request that’s sent to certain applicants, idk if everybody gets it or not. I don’t think it’s any indicator of if you’re being considered for an II or not, it seems like a standard thing MCG asks.