2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II just now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You all heard about a Savannah MCG campus opening next year? Could mean a higher proportion of accepted applicants this cycle

You all heard about a Savannah MCG campus opening next year? Could mean a higher proportion of accepted applicants this cycle
Potentially. They did say they were accepting 304 students this year instead of 264.

Potentially. They did say they were accepting 304 students this year instead of 264.
I would hope so, but then again they may be interviewing more than the usual ~600 applicants to equalize it. Either way, I think living in Savannah would be awesome, especially since they plan to use the same curriculum plan as the Augusta campus

I would hope so, but then again they may be interviewing more than the usual ~600 applicants to equalize it. Either way, I think living in Savannah would be awesome, especially since they plan to use the same curriculum plan as the Augusta campus
Is that confirmed by MCG that Savannah will be using Augusta’s curriculum model?

In state II yesterday. Submitted mid July

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else gotten an email asking to confirm enrollment of a prerequisite? I submitted my secondary early August but just got that email. I’m hoping that it’s a good sign they’re looking at my app!

Has anyone else gotten an email asking to confirm enrollment of a prerequisite? I submitted my secondary early August but just got that email. I’m hoping that it’s a good sign they’re looking at my app!
Yes, I've gotten that same email last week. Submitted 8/3, URM, and strong ties to GA.

For people who interviewed in late September, have you already received an email asking about campus preference + portal was updated?

Does anyone have insight into if it is worth applying now to MCG? I am OOS so was driven off initially by the OOS acceptance rate, but have strong ties to the school

For people who interviewed in late September, have you already received an email asking about campus preference + portal was updated?
no, I think they said at interview day that they were sending the campus preference form to applicants after they are accepted

i’m an m1 at the augusta campus, where did they say they would be following the same curriculum as us? i’ve heard they would be doing athens

Is it pretty likely, if I'm admitted, to get the Augusta preference? I'm not sure how much more competitive it is to go to school at that campus instead of other campuses.

i’m an m1 at the augusta campus, where did they say they would be following the same curriculum as us? i’ve heard they would be doing athens
At my interview during the welcome presentation, they said Augusta and Savannah will be doing the 3+ curriculum while the Athens campus will have a full 4-year program with emphasis on case studies/ problem-based learning

Which campus are they letting yall select from? Is the savannah location one?

Do yall know is there actually going to be a Savannah location opening Fall 2024? Will it for sure be ready and will we be able to select from this location?

yes this cycle will be the first cycle that can select savannah (40 students)
Wow that's pretty cool. Does anyone know if it's going to have mandatory lectures or anything? Is Athens also an option to select?

Wow that's pretty cool. Does anyone know if it's going to have mandatory lectures or anything? Is Athens also an option to select?
athens campus is still available in addition to Augusta and savannah

Got it thank you. Do you know which campus location is most popular and harder to get into by chance?
I do not, especially since they're switching it up this year by only asking campus preference to accepted applicants, not just everyone who interviews

Did you reply within the secondary portal, or did you simply reply via Gmail? Additionally, did you receive a response?

Did you reply within the secondary portal, or did you simply reply via Gmail? Additionally, did you receive a response?
I sent them an email because I can’t register for the class until the end of November. It did say to put the proof in the portal though. I’m really not sure on what to do because they haven’t responded to my email and it’s been like 11 days!!

Hey, did y'all receive any emails confirming that your application was complete after secondary submission?

Anyone know when the first regular decision acceptances are released? I heard that it would be today so I am a bit nervous lol, but I am not sure if that was backed by anything

Last edited:
According to previous years' SDN threads, MCG sends acceptances on the third Friday of every month, so I wouldn't expect anything today despite MSAR saying today is the first day of A's

According to previous years' SDN threads, MCG sends acceptances on the third Friday of every month, so I wouldn't expect anything today despite MSAR saying today is the first day of A's
Yeah, plus it would probably just be for people who interviewed in September. I think October people have to wait until November

Yeah, plus it would probably just be for people who interviewed in September. I think October people have to wait until November
Well I mean I interviewed in August so I keep checking my email lol