2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Admitted people! Low long after do you get a email from certphi to start a background check?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm still taking comfort in the fact that MCG holds off on a lot of decisions until later, March–May. From what I understand, there's a large A or WL wave at some point for people who interviewed in previous months. And idk if it's true, but I heard a decent portion of the class comes from the WL.
I heard that too but at that point it's scary cause if we have other acceptances we can't really chance holding off on them for a waitlist spot that we may get accepted for who knows when even ughh

For those who accepted last Friday, has anyone received a campus preference?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hello everybody, I am one of the M1 historians at mcg and wanted to let y'all know if you want to be added into the GroupMe, DM me and I can send you the link! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone send an LOI post interview and not get a reply back?

For all y’all still waiting for decisions, praying we hear good news soon. Friday could not come soon enough. 😵‍💫

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Good luck everybody hoping for some good news today... we must keep sane no matter what happens 😬

Reactions: 11 users
Didn't know there was a decision day today. I was wondering if anyone heard back from them this morning.

Didn't know there was a decision day today. I was wondering if anyone heard back from them this morning.
I think it might be around 11:40-12:30 based on previous decision days and years

Reactions: 5 users
I'm beginning to wonder if they're even doing it today now lol...

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
the latest time I’ve seen in this thread is around 1pm so maybe then?? 😭😭

Don’t they usually release on this Friday in February?

On MSAR, it says the last day MCG sends acceptance notices is next Friday. So it could be that the actual day is next week. Buttt if there is no news today, they're breaking the multi-year trend just to make us suffer longer lol

On MSAR, it says the last day MCG sends acceptance notices is next Friday. So it could be that the actual day is next week. Buttt if there is no news today, they're breaking the multi-year trend just to make us suffer longer lol
guess it’s next week, I haven’t seen anything on here this late

Reactions: 4 users
Previous years ppl have heard back through march too

this is weird tho lol, the last three cycles have had decisions come out second Friday of feb

Reactions: 3 users
anytime i look forward to a decision day something odd always happens 😅 i’m just going to stop paying attention atp

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Just a theory guys… but I wonder if their weird decision releasing habits lately are the result of them having to take 40 more students this year for the Savannah campus. Anybody have thoughts on this?

Just a theory guys… but I wonder if their weird decision releasing habits lately are the result of them having to take 40 more students this year for the Savannah campus. Anybody have thoughts on this?
Thought this as well. More spots to give, more applications to go over. Makes sense that the releases for this month would be later than usual.

Reactions: 4 users
So what do yall think happens to the people who don't get accepted Friday? Do yall think it's gonna be solely acceptances and then they'll tell those who are waitlisted or rejected another day?

So what do yall think happens to the people who don't get accepted Friday? Do yall think it's gonna be solely acceptances and then they'll tell those who are waitlisted or rejected another day?
Last time I applied and got waitlisted it was the Sunday before the last acceptances were sent in Feb. Not sure if that’ll follow the same trend this year but if so some of us may be hearing something tomorrow.

Last time I applied and got waitlisted it was the Sunday before the last acceptances were sent in Feb. Not sure if that’ll follow the same trend this year but if so some of us may be hearing something tomorrow.
Ahh got it well hopefully you won't hear anything tomorrow and will hear something friday!!

IS R just now. This hurts. Interviewed 11/29

Last edited:
  • Care
So does anyone know with govt approving UGA to start a medical school does that mean this upcoming accepted class of 2028 will be the final class for the UGA/AU partnership?

So does anyone know with govt approving UGA to start a medical school does that mean this upcoming accepted class of 2028 will be the final class for the UGA/AU partnership?
I’ve wondered that myself! Happy to get more med schools in our state but very curious how this will work itself out…

I believe they said the school might open as early as 2026 but that's just hopeful thinking so maybe at least 2 more classes

I believe they said the school might open as early as 2026 but that's just hopeful thinking so maybe at least 2 more classes
Got it I guess then those classes would just finish off in Athens while the new ones come in but who knows tbh

i got an email about the MCG Savannah Campus Open House in which the first line of the email is "Congratulations again on your acceptance to the Medical College of Georgia!" Looks like I got in but I didn't get a formal phone call or email. nothing is also updated in the portal?

i got an email about the MCG Savannah Campus Open House in which the first line of the email is "Congratulations again on your acceptance to the Medical College of Georgia!" Looks like I got in but I didn't get a formal phone call or email. nothing is also updated in the portal?
Same. What does this mean?!

I just called them, they said it was an accident. Looks like they pulled a Mayo lmao

There’s no way. Hopefully you guys getting that may mean that you are on the list to get an acceptance soon?👀👀

They said something along the lines of "We sincerely apologize for the email, please disregard it. We will send a follow up email soon to explain/ apologize for this mistake"

I didn’t get the email but I think it probably is a good sign for those who got it and MCG is trying to cover up the mistake they made. Thoughts?

RIP I just told my family I got in with that email. Happy Valentines to us!!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users