2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called admission and they said they were finishing in February when I was trying to reschedule last week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I called admission and they said they were finishing in February when I was trying to reschedule last week.
Do you know if they meant Finishing as in the last interview dates will be in February? Or the last interview invites will be sent in February and it’s possible dates will open for March? Thanks

Do you know if they meant Finishing as in the last interview dates will be in February? Or the last interview invites will be sent in February and it’s possible dates will open for March? Thanks

This man asking the real questions here, I was just about to ask this

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the committee's monthly meeting is this upcoming Thursday 2/15? Feels early in the month but technically it is the third Thursday.

Does anyone know if the committee's monthly meeting is this upcoming Thursday 2/15? Feels early in the month but technically it is the third Thursday.
At my interview last week they said they’d be meeting on the 15th!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if you’ve lived in Chicago for 5+ years, if you have a good chance at being placed at the Chicago campus? Is there any clear way campus placements are done?

If anybody else is debating between Rush and UICOM, I’d love to chat about it so PM me :)

I think it’s GG time :( IS URM above avg gpa, lots of clinical and volunteer hours, mom went there , multiple letters of interest and nothing but silence :( pour one out for the in staters

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone feel really unsure about their interview performance but still get an acceptance?

I felt really bad about some of the MMIs, did OK on the others and maybe felt really good about only 1 or 2 of em. Got the A!

• Love
For current students. Where do most people live and how do people find roomates? Trying to do apartment shopping.

At some point this spring they put together a spreadsheet with people seeking roommates. Most students live in Little Italy, Pilsen, Tri-Taylor, Greek Town and West Loop. Some live in South Loop/Printers Row and River North but those areas tend to be pricier. Most of my classmates live alone or with their partners/spouses. Feel free to DM me with any other questions.

Does anyone know when the decisions are typically posted after today's committee meets?

Been on DD since late November and the admissions office told me they would decide if I get offered an acceptance or not today.

Does anyone know when the decisions are typically posted after today's committee meets?

Been on DD since late November and the admissions office told me they would decide if I get offered an acceptance or not today.
Last year it was the Wednesday after for February

How did they tell you this? Did you call them?

Whoa! Interesting. Been on DD since December.
Confused why people are shocked by this? It’s the 3rd thursday of the month, they are doing their standard committee review of everyone on DD and the candidates interviewed mid jan to mid feb. if they don’t decide to accept you, it’s just back to DD and waiting until March. Is there something different that I’m missing?

How did they tell you this? Did you call them?
Yup, I actually did last week. They asked me if I was on DD and when I was placed on it. They didn't even ask for my name. Aparrently a lot of people on DD keep calling them!

Happy Third Thursday to everyone, and with it the joys of steadily becoming more unhinged about possible emails

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
interesting. on the website it says the friday after the COA meeting so wouldn't decisions be released tomorrow?
Yes*

*(While that's the standard day, and is in fact their goal, the sheer bulk of students they sift through often makes them late. I'd probably estimate only half of their months actually seem to go through on Friday? That's just an estimate though.)

Does anyone have any advice for the virtual interview/MMI?
For the individual interview, I'd suggest really looking over your app & experiences in addition to reviewing school mission/values/different campuses. My interviewer delved pretty deep into the things I discussed in my PS and W+A, so I would know those and be prepared for some standard interview questions too. For the MMI, just review standard questions/scenarios and practice timing. There weren't really any curveball scenarios in the MMI in my opinion.

Reactions: 2 users
Another month, another DD. Need more IS love
Holding out hope they’re still sending out As today, in previous months and even last year the wave of As trickled in over a few hours it looks like. They don’t seem to send out all emails within a an hour

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Random question, but for those who interviewed how long did it take them to get the post-II survery?

Last edited:
OOS DD since October it’s gonna be hard getting an R eventually from a school that accepts like 80% post interview 🗿

• Care