2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone who interviewed actually been rejected? Wondering if everyone who gets interviewed either gets A or DD, no R until end of WL.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone who interviewed actually been rejected? Wondering if everyone who gets interviewed either gets A or DD, no R until end of WL.
I’ve checked past years and haven’t seen any R’s. It looks like everyone is A or DD

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, does anyone know if the campus ambassador that is hosting your meet and greet is the campus you are being considered for?

Also, does anyone know if the campus ambassador that is hosting your meet and greet is the campus you are being considered for?

I do not think so. I had a meet and greet hosted by the Peoria ambassador but got placed in Chicago.

Reactions: 1 users
No, the ambassador thing is only to determine which student reps run the meeting. It's done for our convenience to make sure one campus isn't always running every meet and greet.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if OOS students usually get assigned to the Chicago campus? Big deal for me since I have no support system in Illinois and I really need to be near a big city/an airport etc. especially if im paying OOS tuition
OOS Rockford student here. I had a similar concern, UIC was my closest A to home and I knew noone in Illinois. I ranked Chicago first, and chose Rockford as 2nd choice due to proximity of Chicago. Haven't had issues getting home or getting to Chicago to fly elsewhere, just a little jaunt over on 90. I know there are also buses/trains that make the trip, but I don't personally have experience with them as I enjoy the drive.

I don't know your exact situation, but I know other OOS students who had similar concerns in my class/campus who manage to make it home to further places than myself often enough. I hope you get your first choice, though. Feel free to DM if you have questions!

Oh okay. Was there a section where you can outline why your preferences are the way they are? Like when choosing campuses

There wasn't for me, though I would imagine the most up to date info on that would be from the current acceptees who have received or filled out campus assignments.

+1 IS II!!! Screaming, this is my top choice. LM 73.5

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
LM 69, IS with strong ties to IL and UIC. No word yet. Is this a soft R?

Has this school sent out any pre-interview rejections ?

I’m an OOS student who just interviewed. Is there a significant advantage being OOS? I felt I did decent on my MMI and worried about being placed on DD
It's definitely more favorable to OOS students than most (if not all) other state-funded public schools, but I wouldn't call it a significant "advantage" over anyone else. At this school, once you get an interview the odds are pretty well on your side regardless of OOS/IS status.

I got assigned to Chicago yesterday! Interviewed 1/12 and got the A on 1/23

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Assigned to Chicago campus yesterday! Chicago native, LM 69, Interviewed 1/3 and A on 1/23

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does UIC do a second look day on their three campuses? I can't find any info about it

Anyone get accepted with ~LM 65 and a lot of volunteering and clinical experience and slightly above average research?

Reactions: 1 users
Does UIC do a second look day on their three campuses? I can't find any info about it
For those who had the same question, I emailed and they said the second look will take place in March (for Chicago at least, not sure of other campuses)

Me-ish. slightly higher LM (69) and just average research but happy to answer any questions if you think I can be of help. feel free to PM

OOS II today. LM 71, Submitted 7/27. Interview availability is somewhere around mid to late Feb.

Reactions: 2 users
II International student. Anyone know if they have good scholarships? price is steep

Anyone get accepted with ~LM 65 and a lot of volunteering and clinical experience and slightly above average research?
I was accepted OOS with an LM of 61.5! Lots of clinical hours, solid volunteering hours, no research.

Does anyone know when they will stop sending out interviews? Complete 9/10

quick question, when your letters of recc are approved is there a tick next to them on the portal or is the Appr box blank?

quick question, when your letters of recc are approved is there a tick next to them on the portal or is the Appr box blank?

Mine is blank, been complete since early August, radio silence. LM69 and UIC alum. I’m writing up a letter of intent/update but idk if it’s gonna do much at this point. Honestly pretty bummed out not to hear anything whatsoever yet :(

Would love someone to chime in on this as well, really worries me tbh
Does anyone know when they will stop sending out interviews? Complete 9/10

Based on prior years, late Feb/early-mid Mar is when the last interviews occur.

Based on our med student Interview Day signup sheet, the last days we have opportunities to volunteer to help out with interviews are 3/7 and 3/8. This may not be representative of the true last dates, but it does seem to align with last year's schedule. I know that the year before last (when I was in your shoes) they went up to mid-March and I was in the last batch. I don't want to give false hope, but there may still be a few interview spots left. Prepare for the worst.