2023-2024 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post-Showcase R, good luck everyone. Completed 11/28

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT IN!!!! A !!!!!
Now you can put a 1 to that A in your signature

Dang, the amount of times I refreshed my page once I saw these As roll in....but aye, it's only a minority in Jan for now

Side note: did everyone who got an A go to showcase already?

Reactions: 2 users
Now you can put a 1 to that A in your signature

Dang, the amount of times I refreshed my page once I saw these As roll in....but aye, it's only a minority in Jan for now

Side note: did everyone who got an A go to showcase already?
I don't think they consider you complete and eligible for an acceptance if you haven't completed the showcase component.

pre-showcase R, complete 8/31

Congrats to those who were accepted!!

• Care
For those who received acceptances, how were you notified? Was it through email or was it shown on the application portal?

congrats everyone! was curious if anyone knew when carle typically sends out scholarships to accepted students?

Congrats y’all that is genuinely amazing to hear! Wonder if we’ll hear any further today or later this week. The thought of waiting one more week, let alone multiple, is mad deflating.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats y’all that is genuinely amazing to hear! Wonder if we’ll hear any further today or later this week. The thought of waiting one more week, let alone multiple, is mad deflating.
I'm with you brodie

Me and kermit been biting our nails since that first A came out

Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! Did you receive the acceptance about an hour ago? If not, then it means that they likely will be sending more acceptances today.
Yes like an hour and a half ago I think, and Thank you!!

I don't think they consider you complete and eligible for an acceptance if you haven't completed the showcase component.

I just received an A & I didn't attend the showcase... well I canceled a few days before my showcase date, so it is possible to get an A without completing the showcase component.

When did people who got A’s today have their showcase invites? Trying to gauge if there’s any pattern to when to expect to hear back…

(pop the urbana-champaigne)

Is there a accepted students Groupme or Facebook page to join?

OOS A at 1:30 PM today (1/17). Showcase invite received 10/16

Looks like they sent out decent sized group of As today.

Did anyone who received showcase on or after 11/26 hear back yet? Suspecting they’re doing decisions in batches..

Congrats to everyone accepted! Any in-state As today?
Doesn’t seem like it, I wonder if it’s a coincidence or they’re waiting to release in state decisions later

Odds we hear anything today? Doesn’t seem like it based on previous cycles, but I’m holding out hope nonetheless 🫡

Odds we hear anything today? Doesn’t seem like it based on previous cycles, but I’m holding out hope nonetheless 🫡
I wouldn’t expect anything until next Wednesday tbh. It looks like last year there was almost a 1 month gap in acceptances from Jan to Feb :(

During my showcase, I heard that finalist review wouldn't be complete until the Wednesday of next week. So seems like they haven't reviewed everyone yet

Let's enjoy the weekend y'all. This week has been a doozy

sdn account finally verified lmao.

Showcase received 10/9. In-State A this past Wednesday (1/17)!!!
For those curious: UIUC is my undergrad; was a normal bio major, LM of 66.5

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully, they will release some more acceptances tomorrow or at least sometime later this week.

So…tomorrow the big day?
I'm not sure. I'm just assuming they will send out acceptances weekly since they said during my showcase that decisions were coming out on a rolling basis starting in January. I'm also making another assumption that it could be tomorrow, but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Wouldnt bet on it, Cycletrack says March is the next date.

View attachment 381465
More specifically, Cycletrack says that acceptances from last year came out on February 22nd 2023. There were some acceptances last year in January according to last year's sdn thread, but they were not reported on Cycletrack for some reason. I think this means that the majority of us will receive decisions on a specific day near the end of February.

According to last year's thread, a second round of acceptances came out on January 27th 2023, which means that some of us may potentially hear back on Friday. This is only my prediction, however, as the decision schedule isn't public information and may be slightly different than that of previous years.

As you can see from my posts, I am slowly and steadily losing my sanity as I wait for my admissions decision to Carle.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
As you can see from my posts, I am slowly and steadily losing my sanity as I wait for my admissions decision to Carle.
I'm there with you brother

They take so dang long. But aye, it's not like I want med school to start any sooner so there's things to be grateful for

• Care
Just a bit odd that they need this long for ~300 apps with no new information being sent to them, they’re literally just reopening applications they’ve already reviewed fairly well.

Just a bit odd that they need this long for ~300 apps with no new information being sent to them, they’re literally just reopening applications they’ve already reviewed fairly well.
Well to be fair, they claim they spend 5 hours per applicant profile, so supposedly that’d be 1500 hrs or 37.5 working weeks for them to get thru everyone who was offered a showcase. Now if I believe they rly spend 5 hours on each applicant is a different story but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but do we need to do anything formally if we've been accepted. I am waiting on other schools and do not want to commit yet, but I want to know if there is anything to do to acknowledge or accept the A. Thank you guys and good luck to everyone.

I'm sorry if this has been asked already, but do we need to do anything formally if we've been accepted. I am waiting on other schools and do not want to commit yet, but I want to know if there is anything to do to acknowledge or accept the A. Thank you guys and good luck to everyone.
Yes you should accept the A, but you are allowed to keep on interviewing/waiting to hear from other schools until April. Refer to the AMCAS guidelines for decision dates "Choose Your Med School" tool

• Care
Yes you should accept the A, but you are allowed to keep on interviewing/waiting to hear from other schools until April. Refer to the AMCAS guidelines for decision dates "Choose Your Med School" tool
Thank you, really appreciate the quick reply. Will be sure to follow these guidelines!