2023-2024 Baptist University College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what they're doing about the Biochemistry Lab requirement? Should we take the class or are they waiving it?
Email and ask if they'll accept alternatives.

They accepted my genetics with lab as an alternative

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what they're doing about the Biochemistry Lab requirement? Should we take the class or are they waiving it?
I don’t have the lab requirement, I never said anything to them and they never mentioned it. I got accepted too, so I think they’ll be waiving it!

Somehow managed to receive TWO rejection emails from BUCOM this morning. Idk if they really really disliked me or if it was just an error on their end.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Somehow managed to receive TWO rejection emails from BUCOM this morning. Idk if they really really disliked me or if it was just an error on their end.

I think the rejection letters come from both the college of osteopathic medicine and baptist health science university

Have any new II‘s went out recently? I‘m pretty sure the last time someone received an II was 11/9, and I turned my supplemental in on 11/15. have any II‘s gone out after 11/15 haha

to those that interviewed, how do you feel about the safety of the area?
Should be a pretty safe area during the day. BUCOM is in the main medical district here in Memphis. The main medical district has police patrolling a lot. Especially UT police, they are pretty much always around, I see them at night some times too.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A call as well. I interviewed 11/8 and I had gotten the bad ending email but I think they hadn’t gone over the application so they sent that one as a general update. Gonna be a doctor!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just got a rejection email :( interviewed in october and got the bad ending one

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
OOS, Recieved A today, i recieved the other email so those don’t mean anything. Interviewed early november, mcat was 494, GPA 3.8 - yes, my mcat is awful but what I’ve had is a global health experience and have 200+ community service hours so don’t be down if you didn’t do your best on the mcat

• Care
to those that interviewed, how do you feel about the safety of the area?
I've lived in some dramatically dangerous areas and in my anecdotal opinion it seemed fine. I got the vibe that people who talk about how dangerous it is are embellishing. Like most cities, as long as you're not stupid you are unlikely to run into any issues.

How long after receiving the A call should we expect an acceptance email? Got the call a couple days ago but haven't received any email or anywhere to submit a deposit

For those of you that received acceptance on Tuesday this week, have you received the acceptance email?

OOS, Recieved A today, i recieved the other email so those don’t mean anything. Interviewed early november, mcat was 494, GPA 3.8 - yes, my mcat is awful but what I’ve had is a global health experience and have 200+ community service hours so don’t be down if you didn’t do your best on the mcat
My stats are almost identical.

For people who got a secondary here, how long did it take after you submitted your primary?

I got the secondary about a week after submitting primary to this school. Interview invite about 2 weeks after secondary and acceptance 2 weeks after interview

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone interviewing weds? Nervous!

I applied in early august, go a rejection email, and then 2 months later got a secondary app stating they gave my application a second look. I submitted the secondary two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I'm getting a little nervous now, yall think this is bad news or am I just giving myself anxiety LOL.

I applied in early august, go a rejection email, and then 2 months later got a secondary app stating they gave my application a second look. I submitted the secondary two weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I'm getting a little nervous now, yall think this is bad news or am I just giving myself anxiety LOL.
I think them giving you a second look is a good sign. From what I've gathered this school is very holistic so if they took the time to reconsider you I wouldn't lose hope yet.

December 21st is the deadline for the first round of applicants who were accepted to actually accept. So when some inevitably don't accept, they'll send more ii, acceptances, etc.

So the same exact thing happened to me where I got a rejection email and then they emailed me for the secondary. I got an II, don’t lose hope they’re prob just busy w the next round of interviews

I just got a secondary from here! Do they send secondaries to everyone or just the people they want to interview?

So, for people who say that this school is their top choice, why is that so? I checked out the website and the school seems good. I’m just curious since I have not interviewed yet. I also know it’s a new school and that doesn’t mean it’s bad, it’s just not accredited yet and they haven’t had one class.

So, for people who say that this school is their top choice, why is that so? I checked out the website and the school seems good. I’m just curious since I have not interviewed yet. I also know it’s a new school and that doesn’t mean it’s bad, it’s just not accredited yet and they haven’t had one class.
They are affiliated with Baptist memorial health group which is a group of around 20 or so hospitals in Arkansas, TN, and Kentucky I think. So you won’t have trouble with getting clinical rotations. I forgot who it was but one of the deans or higher ups was hired at LUCOM to help them with accreditation. They also have a lot of experienced folks from other DO schools. They know what they’re doing. It’s a very solid choice for medical school

They are affiliated with Baptist memorial health group which is a group of around 20 or so hospitals in Arkansas, TN, and Kentucky I think. So you won’t have trouble with getting clinical rotations. I forgot who it was but one of the deans or higher ups was hired at LUCOM to help them with accreditation. They also have a lot of experienced folks from other DO schools. They know what they’re doing. It’s a very solid choice for medical school
Thanks for ur input.

For other people who accepted and are considering going, has anyone made a group chat or something to connect further? I'm planning on attending next year and got my A a week ago.

Update IS 11/30, Interviewing Jan 4th! I just wanted to ask what tips/tricks people used to help prepare for the interview! Any suggestions on what to expect

Update IS 11/30, Interviewing Jan 4th! I just wanted to ask what tips/tricks people used to help prepare for the interview! Any suggestions on what to expect
Truly, just be yourself. This was my second interview and it was extremely low stress.