2023-2024 Baptist University College of Osteopathic Medicine (BUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II today! Any tips on how to prepare... also first in person interview so kind of stoked for a change in scenery
My interview was super chill and conversational! They seemed like they read my secondaries, so they asked a few questions about that. Otherwise, it was the typical 'Why DO, Why BUCOM, How do you feel about BUCOM being a new school, tell me about yourself"

Members don't see this ad.

My interview was super chill and conversational! They seemed like they read my secondaries, so they asked a few questions about that. Otherwise, it was the typical 'Why DO, Why BUCOM, How do you feel about BUCOM being a new school, tell me about yourself"
thank you littlebreadstick!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if its just me, but they also asked something specific to your apps, also.
Yeah they were very knowledgeable about my personal statement. But I think that was it. They didn't comment on anything that wasn't included in there.

Also, I'm fairly positive they match you with interviewers that are similar to you in some way. There was way too many things that I had in common with both interviewers for it to have been a coincidence.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I emailed asking for a crisp high five, obviously.

But for real, I emailed asking if they have a tentative timeline for when they expect to receive approval to send out acceptances/rejections.
Did they respond to you?

did anyone else receive a missed call from them? they left a voicemail saying to call back

Attachments

• IMG_3050.jpeg
    IMG_3050.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: 3 users
I’m trying to decide between 3 other DO schools, isn’t there a 10,000 scholarship? Anyone know if we can apply for it before the deposit deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m trying to decide between 3 other DO schools, isn’t there a 10,000 scholarship? Anyone know if we can apply for it before the deposit deadline?
If I recall correctly, you can apply immediately after being accepted. I think they'll send an email out about it. At the very least I suggest emailing them for details.

Bruhhh those double ended emails probably did mean something 🥲 cuz I haven’t received a call

Did everyone who has gotten accepted receive the email with the longer last paragraph? When did all of you interview?

Bruhhh those double ended emails probably did mean something 🥲 cuz I haven’t received a call
I received the email above and haven't received one either yet. So who knows.

It happened! I'm going to be a doctor! Fantastic.

Reactions: 2 users
Sounds like they’ve only accepted people who received the favorable update email.

Created a groupme!

You're invited to my new group 'BUCOM C/O 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

May make a discord, also if anyone is interested

Congrats on all the A’s!!! Did anyone get accepted with a sub 500?

I got the good ending email but still haven’t heard anything, you think they will give more A on Monday?

they said those who get an email get the R
where did you hear this?
During the interview they told us this in no uncertain terms. However, those of us who were accepted yesterday, on Monday we're getting an email with details about how to accept and other stuff.

If you haven't gotten an A and get an email, it's probably an R.

Last edited:
Just to recap. On 11/10 they sent update emails w/ 2 different endings to 2 groups of students - one more favorable than the other.

They stated that they will release decisions once getting final program approval from SACSCOC.

On 11/17 they start calling people who received the longer email to let them know they were accepted.

So they got final approval from SACSCOC?

They inadvertently let people know ahead of time if they were accepted or rejected for reasons unknown. But not officially. And told us they hadn’t released decisions yet.

Just to recap. On 11/10 they sent update emails w/ 2 different endings to 2 groups of students - one more favorable than the other.

They stated that they will release decisions once getting final program approval from SACSCOC.

On 11/17 they start calling people who received the longer email to let them know they were accepted.

So they got final approval from SACSCOC?

They inadvertently let people know ahead of time if they were accepted or rejected for reasons unknown. But not officially. And told us they hadn’t released decisions yet.
Looks like it.