2022-2023 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you both, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Members don't see this ad.

For this question: Describe any circumstances indicative of some hardship, such as, but not limited to, financial difficulties, personal or family illness, a medical condition, a death in the immediate family or educational disadvantage not mentioned in your primary application essays; OR describe any key academic, personal, or financial barriers that COVID-19 may have posed on you or your immediate family. Current Character Count: 0 /3500

Do we just choose one of the two questions to answer?

For this question: Describe any circumstances indicative of some hardship, such as, but not limited to, financial difficulties, personal or family illness, a medical condition, a death in the immediate family or educational disadvantage not mentioned in your primary application essays; OR describe any key academic, personal, or financial barriers that COVID-19 may have posed on you or your immediate family. Current Character Count: 0 /3500

Do we just choose one of the two questions to answer?
yes, choose which part of the question you would like to answer

Members don't see this ad :)
did everyone receive a secondary from texas a&m because I received one right after submitting my primary app? just curious, thanks!

Is anyone else still waiting to receive secondary invitation? My primary transmitted on June 23rd, but I didn't get an email from A&M.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone else still waiting to receive secondary invitation? My primary transmitted on June 23rd, but I didn't get an email from A&M.
Check your spam, they should have sent you one by now. If not, email the school

Does anyone else's Casper results say delivered, but not indicated on the secondary portal?

is anyone's secondary portal not working? for some reason, my login credentials are not working:/

Do yall think I have a shot at a TAMU Interview with a 505 MCAT? My GPA is 4.0
TX resident. Former Aggie.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you ever get an email for the secondary? I submitted my primary back in May & contacted the admissions via email several times. I never got anything still.

Did you ever get an email for the secondary? I submitted my primary back in May & contacted the admissions via email several times. I never got anything still.
Here is the link to their portal to set up an account and get the secondary.

Reactions: 1 users
Received a II today! I'm very confused. The information in the portal makes it seems like the interview is in person. I thought it was online? Can anyone help clarify for me?

Reactions: 2 users
Received a II today! I'm very confused. The information in the portal makes it seems like the interview is in person. I thought it was online? Can anyone help clarify for me?
Their website indicates that MD interviews will be virtual, but EnMed interviews will be in person.

Their website indicates that MD interviews will be virtual, but EnMed interviews will be in person.
That was my suspicion. The original email they sent out, AAMC, and their website all say it's virtual. The portal is quite misleading. Thanks for the confirmation.

II earlier today, 71 LM, OOS, complete on 5/31/22, strong writing background, great ECs, (hopefully) strong LOR.

Good luck to the other candidates!

Edit: Received II via email

Congrats to all the II's today! If y'all don't mind, what were your completed dates? It would be greatly appreciated :)

In-state II received from EnMed just now - grateful and excited!

Does anybody know the discounted hotel price they mention for the Intercontinental?

Reactions: 3 users
In-state II received from EnMed just now - grateful and excited!

Does anybody know the discounted hotel price they mention for the Intercontinental?
I'm not sure about the discounted hotel price, but I want to say congrats!

I'm not sure about the discounted hotel price, but I want to say congrats!
Thank you so much! I'm just happy to finally see that at least some adcom far, far away thinks that my journey is at least worth a conversation in person to discuss it.

This summer's work and process of reflection to write these apps has been incredibly humbling tbh

Current TAMU student here! One thing that I don't know has been communicated super well but we have officially gone P/F for M1/M2 (whole preclinical curriculum).

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Current TAMU student here! One thing that I don't know has been communicated super well but we have officially gone P/F for M1/M2 (whole preclinical curriculum).
Is it a true P/F? Or is it P/F but with designations like High Pass, Honors etc....

Do you have any advice for an OOS applicant with an interview? I really want to show my passion for the school and its research opportunities without it coming off as disingenuous

Do you have any advice for an OOS applicant with an interview? I really want to show my passion for the school and its research opportunities without it coming off as disingenuous
Know the school! Do some research and find out what we’re known for (military med, research, distributed campuses, etc.)

also if you’re being interviewed by someone that’s involved in research then know some basics of what that person researches. Asking some basic questions about their research goes a long way.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Know the school! Do some research and find out what we’re known for (military med, research, distributed campuses, etc.)

also if you’re being interviewed by someone that’s involved in research then know some basics of what that person researches. Asking some basic questions about their research goes a long way.
Does this imply I should know who my interviewers are in advance of my scheduled interview? Or should I generally look at where TAMU spends funding on

Does this imply I should know who my interviewers are in advance of my scheduled interview? Or should I generally look at where TAMU spends funding on
You should receive a list of your specific interviewers as your interview day approaches.

Interview invite received. Complete 6/1

i might be wrong, but it looks like Texas A&M is reviewing primarily by date of submission instead of stats like some other schools

II just now. Completed secondary on 5/25/22. URM, 512, 3.95, No research, IS, No ties, puts the cereal before the milk.
Ive always put the cereal before the milk. I'm expecting an II any minute now.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Milk before cereal. I like my cereal crunchy! But I submitted it on 7/28. Do I still have a chance? :p

• Haha