2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
interviewed 1/6 and deferred 3/3... the suspense is painful this is my only MD school and I just want to know if there’s even a chance still 😭
It's inhumane how they send the Rs via snail mail... just email us, please. They released decisions 3/2 and again on 3/25, so hopefully you were deferred again... I know I've been checking the mail like crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any current GCSOM students on this thread? I am a recently accepted student who has a few questions about the program!!

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my A today. Hope the spot goes to one of ya'll, good luck!

Reactions: 11 users
Recently withdrew my A as well. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list just now! Interviewed 2/12. This is the actual waitlist right? lmao

• Wow
Anyone know when 3/1 interviewees can expect to hear back? Also it’s only emails for acceptances, regular mail for anything else right?

Was deferred about 2 weeks ago.... anyone think I’ll hear back soon? I guess, they are required to give me a decision right?

Was deferred about 2 weeks ago.... anyone think I’ll hear back soon? I guess, they are required to give me a decision right?
I think a lot of people are in your boat, I was also deferred then. I think we will have to hear back by the end of April with some sort of decision!

Got the alternate list email 2 mins ago. Interviewed 1/6, deferred 3/3. UGH more waiting:(

• Care
Same exact thing ^^^^ UGH. So they can pull from the waitlist until around July?
According to last year's thread, seems like people were getting accepted off the WL until late June and mid-July. Seems like I need to start planning for the other school I got into but the thought of mentally committing to it and then possibly getting off the WL that late is crazy

I thought Geisinger released decisions in batches, but I guess not anymore?

I'm worried about looking in the mail now lol

Does Geisinger put a rejection letter in the Communication Status tab in their application too?

Anyone know when 3/1 interviewees can expect to hear back? Also it’s only emails for acceptances, regular mail for anything else right?
it's actually email for everything except for rejection (snail mail)
I'm worried about looking in the mail now lol

Does Geisinger put a rejection letter in the Communication Status tab in their application too?
apparently nothing on your portal changes if you are rejected but not 100% sure

soo nervous haahhahahaha

Withdrawing my spot on the alternate list. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
According to last year's thread, seems like people were getting accepted off the WL until late June and mid-July. Seems like I need to start planning for the other school I got into but the thought of mentally committing to it and then possibly getting off the WL that late is crazy
Same boat here... I am really hoping for this school

So what does this mean for people who are on the deferred list that didn't get put on the alternate list?

Reactions: 3 users
Wait so... if I didn't get any email today, does that mean R ? sighhh
I interviewed in mid feb.
It could also mean that they haven't gotten back to us yet too? Trying to be optimistic lol

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe it means an A? Hahah I’m also just grasping at straws here so optimism till the end. Maybe this website is bad for me

Maybe it means an A? Hahah I’m also just grasping at straws here so optimism till the end. Maybe this website is bad for me
That is honestly what I am hoping for! Never lose site of the A :lol:

A lot of people have been getting deferred. They sent out a batch of WLs today. I'd imagine they're going to accept some people too ahah

• Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Is there a difference between the alternate list and WL? Is the alternate list higher priority or are they the same thing just different terms people are using?

Is there a difference between the alternate list and WL? Is the alternate list higher priority or are they the same thing just different terms people are using?
People are using the terms interchangeably. I think Geisinger refers to their waitlist as an alternate list.

deferred since march 2, but silence today?
an answer would be kinda nice at this point. waitlist or accept, would prefer some closure

I've been deferred since November and haven't heard anything since. Concerned that I received a rejection in the mail that somehow got lost and that it isn't showing up on my portal

Interviewed 10/30, deferred on 12/15 and just got the alternate list email now

Interviewed in October, Deferred 12/15 and was just put on the alternate list.

Alternate List email now. Interviewed 9/21, deferred mid-November.

just got waitlisted, got deferred like 2-3 weeks ago 🥲🥲🥲