2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call about an hour ago!!!! This is my first A from three waitlists!!!! I’m in state and local but moved away for college, I’m so excited!!!!
So happy for you! I'm in basically the same position as you were before that call so I can only imagine the relief & excitement. You deserve it!:soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Received 2° 7/19/20
Submitted 2° 7/28/20
Received II Thursday, 9/30/20 1:30 PM
Interviewed 1/27/2021 (soonest PM interview available)
LOI: 2/26/21
Deferred Thursday, 3/25/21 11:30 AM
Alternate list Friday, 4/8/2021 10 AM
Accepted Wednesday, 5/5/21 10:30AM

I hope this info can help someone! So excited to attend my #1 choice in the fall :)
Good luck to everyone on the alternate list.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Haha really trying to stay positive, but I am going a biiiit crazy. Anyway, seems like we interviewed on the same day! We might have seen each other somehow, hehe.
Possibly lol. I had about 10 interviews and at this point all the sessions seem the same haha. I think GCSOM had the session with about 55-60 students?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received 2° 7/19/20
Submitted 2° 7/28/20

I hope this info can help someone! So excited to attend my #1 choice in the fall :)
Congrats! I got the official alternate list email the same day and same time...trying to manifest that call lol 🥴

Reactions: 3 users
Possibly lol. I had about 10 interviews and at this point all the sessions seem the same haha. I think GCSOM had the session with about 55-60 students?
yea i think so LOL. seems like you had a lot of IIs! Will you be attending GCSOM?

Reactions: 1 user
yea i think so LOL. seems like you had a lot of IIs! Will you be attending GCSOM?
I was fortunate for the IIs, and semi fortunate for all the waitlists lol. The plan is for me to be there for the fall!

• Care
Received 2° 7/19/20
Submitted 2° 7/28/20

How much time did they give you to make your acceptance decision?

just got the acceptance call here! Had missed one earlier b/c I ignored due to thinking it was Pam! Interviewed mid-January, waitlisted a few weeks later. Quick question: does anyone know if/where/when we will know if we were accepted into the primary care program? My offer mentioned nothing of it but wasn’t sure if that’s come later in the official acceptance email. Also to those asking, she said you have 10 days to Accept their offer!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
just got the acceptance call here! Had missed one earlier b/c I ignored due to thinking it was Pam! Interviewed mid-January, waitlisted a few weeks later. Quick question: does anyone know if/where/when we will know if we were accepted into the primary care program? My offer mentioned nothing of it but wasn’t sure if that’s come later in the official acceptance email. Also to those asking, she said you have 10 days to Accept their offer!
can't believe they are still making calls. Congrats! must feel amazing haha. I think in the earlier portion of cycle, results for special programs came in separately, but idk if that's still the case anymore. Just wondering, does your last name start with later alphabets? I am wondering if they are calling alphabetically

can't believe they are still making calls. Congrats! must feel amazing haha. I think in the earlier portion of cycle, results for special programs came in separately, but idk if that's still the case anymore. Just wondering, does your last name start with later alphabets? I am wondering if they are calling alphabetically
Thank you! and no it is actually fairly early in the alphabet

Congrats! Gotta watch out for Pam amiright. Is this your #1?

Congrats to everyone receiving the call today! Time to sit back and relax now!!!

Congrats! Gotta watch out for Pam amiright. Is this your #1?
It is not, but I would certainly choose here over the other school I was accepted at if I was able to do the primary care scholars program! Also would be nice to stick closeish to home.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
It is not, but I would certainly choose here over the other school I was accepted at if I was able to do the primary care scholars program! Also would be nice to stick closeish to home.
Gotcha. I would email Michelle Schmude about that if you don't get any info soon. Also y'all, I just got a stupid extended warranty call & my heart was in my throat 😭

• Care
Received 2° 7/19/20
Submitted 2° 7/28/20

Very detailed lol. Congrats!
Congrats! I got the official alternate list email the same day and same time...trying to manifest that call lol 🥴
Samee... I will manifest for you too. At least the movement has started

• Care
Congratulations to everyone that got calls today! It is definitely super exciting that movement has started!

For those still waiting (like me), remember that calls are spread out! From last year's thread, they gave out called wednesday - friday of this week and throughout the month of May. Even though it's grueling, patience and faith are our two friends during this!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Congratulations to everyone that got calls today! It is definitely super exciting that movement has started!

For those still waiting (like me), remember that calls are spread out! From last year's thread, they gave out called wednesday - friday of this week and throughout the month of May. Even though it's grueling, patience and faith are our two friends during this!!!
Also, there may be more of us on the thread compared to last year, but it seems like the movement is way bigger than last cycle! This is good news, I really hope geisinger is planning to call more tomorrow and Friday :)

Reactions: 2 users
Also, there may be more of us on the thread compared to last year, but it seems like the movement is way bigger than last cycle! This is good news, I really hope geisinger is planning to call more tomorrow and Friday :)
hoping so.. keeping my fingers crossed for all of us <3

anyone know how long Geisinger pulls off the waitlist? I'm not exactly keeping my hopes up but I fly out cross country early July to the other school

Follow up to my “pull off waitlist” call yesterday: received email this morning with news that I was selected as a Scholar recipient. Stay positive for those still waiting to hear….

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Follow up to my “pull off waitlist” call yesterday: received email this morning with news that I was selected as a Scholar recipient. Stay positive for those still waiting to hear….
Congratulations, that's awesome!

• Love
If it's worth anything;
C/O 2021, 2022, 2023, & 2024 FB Group: 271, 286, 235, and 221 members, respectively
C/O 2025 FB Group: ~170 members (currently)

One could ~reasonably~ assume the same trend will continue this cycle (members = acceptances - a handful of faculty and admins). However, it's entirely possible that more members are added (faculty/staff) throughout the school year as a means of communication with the students.

Also, ~10 members have been added since yesterday morning. Take it how you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth;
C/O 2021, 2022, 2023, & 2024 FB Group: 271, 286, 235, and 221 members, respectively
C/O 2025 FB Group: ~170 members (currently)

One could ~reasonably~ assume the same trend will continue this cycle (members = acceptances - a handful of faculty and admins). However, it's entirely possible that more members are added (faculty/staff) throughout the school year as a means of communication with the students.

Also, ~10 members have been added since yesterday morning. Take it how you will.
so are you saying theres a possibility for much more WL movement?

so are you saying theres a possibility for much more WL movement?
I believe so, yes. According to the thread, last year there was only one self-reported A from the WL on the Wednesday after PTE, this year (yesterday) there were 4. They may also release more decisions tomorrow, but it’s all speculation.

I can also say that I know 4-5 people that were accepted off the WL last year at the end of May/beginning of June that never reported it on SDN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a link to the Facebook group handy?

Has anyone inquired about WL movement and gotten anything other than their generic response?

Has anyone inquired about WL movement and gotten anything other than their generic response?
I havent reached out, but since they said they only accept two updates, I wonder if calling shows persistence and interest or annoys them. Does anyone know?

It’s been a week since first calls have gone out, hopefully more calls are made today! Or maybe it will be this Friday or next Monday since 10 days were given to make decisions

Reactions: 5 users
Got a call today that I was accepted to the scholars program after being accepted last week!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
For anyone that was accepted: when you got the call, did you get a call from an "Unknown Caller" number or did an actual number pop up? Thx!

*prepping for reapp*

Naive me: “man, there’s no way this process could get worse”

*gets email stating Geisinger is requiring we take the SJT*

For anyone that was accepted: when you got the call, did you get a call from an "Unknown Caller" number or did an actual number pop up? Thx!
Unknown caller

Do we think there will be anymore movement off the WL?
There will probably be slight movement after the commit to enroll date. At Geisinger, it's 21 days before matriculation.

This WL-movement across the board has been really disappointing so far. It looks like there isn't much movement at T-20s so movement at other schools haven't been as much :/

There will probably be slight movement after the commit to enroll date. At Geisinger, it's 21 days before matriculation.

This WL-movement across the board has been really disappointing so far. It looks like there isn't much movement at T-20s so movement at other schools haven't been as much :/
So possibly movement in July? I wish they’d give us a little bit more info so that we can plan our lives...

Just wondering, has anyone contacted geisinger regarding the WL movement?

I contacted them today! They just said the generic, wait until the end of July and that they can't disclose information etc. I agree with @bougies, I wish they gave us a little insight so we can plan our next few months..

I always try to stay hopeful but today really got me down with the waiting and the ambiguity on the phone :/