2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I contacted them today! They just said the generic, wait until the end of July and that they can't disclose information etc. I agree with @bougies, I wish they gave us a little insight so we can plan our next few months..

I always try to stay hopeful but today really got me down with the waiting and the ambiguity on the phone :/
Yeah, the only other school I interviewed at just rejected me, so Geisinger is my last shot. I just want to know if I have a chance or should make other plans...

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Fingers crossed for movement tomorrow y’all! 🙏

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call!! Keep your chin up :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance here.
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
"Dear GCSOM Admissions Team,

I hope this email finds you well.

I regret to inform you that I will not be attending GCSOM's MD Program in the Fall of 2021.
I appreciate your interest, however, due to the competitive nature of this year's application process, I will have to withdraw my application.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
XXX"

Good luck everyone!i

I regret to inform you that I will not be attending GCSOM's MD Program in the Fall of 2021.
I appreciate your interest, however, due to the competitive nature of this year's application process, I will have to withdraw my application.

Sincerely,
XXX"

Good luck everyone!
I just noticed your username. Is it a reference to Dr Disrespect? 😂

Reactions: 1 user

Sincerely,
XXX"

Good luck everyone!
Did you really say that? You're my hero!

Members don't see this ad :)
i had an unknown caller back from Tuesday. haven't been able to call back the number, and no voicemail. would Geisinger have sent an email if I wasn't able to pick up?

i had an unknown caller back from Tuesday. haven't been able to call back the number, and no voicemail. would Geisinger have sent an email if I wasn't able to pick up?
Hm, hard to say but it seemed like people who missed calls got a call back within the same day. Did they call you multiple times?

Just sitting here hoping for the call like

bernie-meme-photog.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
For those of you that got called off the waitlist, did you also receive emails before/slightly after/days after getting the call and did they update anything on the Geisinger application portal?

For those of you that got called off the waitlist, did you also receive emails before/slightly after/days after getting the call and did they update anything on the Geisinger application portal?
I personally had no warning, just received a call from an unknown number. Last contact from me was more than a month earlier.

It was a hard decision for me, but I'm gonna have to withdraw my acceptance along with the Abigail Scholarship today. I hope this makes one of you very talented candidates happy soon! 😊

Reactions: 15 users
Our student canvas page shows 115 students currently registered to the class.

With a class size of 115, I suspect new seats will only be offered if an accepted students withdraws.

Our student canvas page shows 115 students currently registered to the class.

With a class size of 115, I suspect new seats will only be offered if an accepted students withdraws.
What’s the usual/past class size again? 110~120?

Been checking the student portal randomly over the last two weeks. Number has been fluctuating between 113 and 115. Sitting at 114 now. Maybe some movement off the waitlist. Good luck to those still waiting.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Been checking the student portal randomly over the last two weeks. Number has been fluctuating between 113 and 115. Sitting at 114 now. Maybe some movement off the waitlist. Good luck to those still waiting.
Thanks for the updates!

Student portal is at 115 now and past the CTE deadline so I'd reckon that's it for this cycle save an extenuating circumstance

Student portal is at 115 now and past the CTE deadline so I'd reckon that's it for this cycle save an extenuating circumstance
If this is it, it has been a pleasure riding through this cycle with you all. Hoping someone gets a call before August 2nd ❤

• Care
Reactions: 3 users