2023-2024 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Canadian applicant here, just got an email that I have to verify my transcripts through the WES ICAP service which is $150 USD to be considered. Um wtf?

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure it’s a 1-2/3 interview and traditional. Haven’t taken the interview myself yet tho
Took it yesterday and it was very genuinely very personable, just be yourself and know your application

Took it yesterday and it was very genuinely very personable, just be yourself and know your application
Interview next week, what do you mean by know your application? Do they ask you to regurgitate stuff you already wrote or do they try to get to know more about you/why you're interested in UNECOM?

Interview next week, what do you mean by know your application? Do they ask you to regurgitate stuff you already wrote or do they try to get to know more about you/why you're interested in UNECOM?

Not gonna splurge any sensitive details but just read your application over as they might have you explain or clarify stuff. I think the Why UNECOM is a standard question they have

It doesn’t look like they published their match data by specialities the past two years. Does anyone know where we can find that info¿

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you get a confirmation email about the interview after filing out the survey? Ik the offers expires in 5 days and I submitted the survey on 9/8 and have still not heard anything about a confirmation.

They rejected my app because I didn't meet the "behavioral science" qualifications. AACOMAS lists my classes under the category psychology and sociology, however the admissions say that this is not "behavioral science".

I applied to various other schools that accepted my courses as "behavioral science". UNECOM admissions say that I would have to talk to AACOMAS and change the name of my courses from psych and soc into behavioral science before further consideration, anyone else have this issue as well?

They rejected my app because I didn't meet the "behavioral science" qualifications. AACOMAS lists my classes under the category psychology and sociology, however the admissions say that this is not "behavioral science".

I applied to various other schools that accepted my courses as "behavioral science". UNECOM admissions say that I would have to talk to AACOMAS and change the name of my courses from psych and soc into behavioral science before further consideration, anyone else have this issue as well?
That's weird. I've never heard of it but I know they're usually pretty strict about their policies for courses. I would call AACOMAS. Their support team is usually very good and fast

Reactions: 1 user
What did people wear to the welcome session? From the intro video it seems like we do not have to be fully dressed up, but I would rather be over dressed than under.

What did people wear to the welcome session? From the intro video it seems like we do not have to be fully dressed up, but I would rather be over dressed than under.

My rule of thumb is minimum shirt and tie. Up to you if you want to wear the coat. I think polos come across too casual at welcome events.

I never want to be less formal than the most formal faculty present. I’m going to be a doctor, I’m going to act like it, and part of acting like it is dressing like it.

Thank you UNECOM for scaring me with the email but still no II

Reactions: 12 users

You do not have to be dressed up if I remembered correctly from last year. The welcome session is meant to be chill for you to ask us current students questions about the school. For your peace of mind, I did not dress up for the welcome session and I am a current student here

I attended one of the welcome sessions, and it was basically just an hour of Q&A with current students, with no admin/admissions people present in the breakout rooms. They were pretty explicit at the beginning of the session that it's not recorded and has no impact on consideration for admission. Some people were in full suits. I put on a business casual shirt and some people were more dressed up than me, and some were less. Definitely come prepared with questions because they put you into small groups with several current students, and an hour is a lot of time to fill when there are only like 6-8 people in a room for unstructured Q&A and half the people don't ask any questions lol. The students seemed super nice and it was very informative!

Anymore II sent out to folks? Curious, my app was complete 8/11

thanks! is it open or closed? can they see your grades?
Not sure, but they didn't ask me anything in regard to my grades or scores. It was super conversational, low stress, and was probably my favorite interview so far. You will do great!

i think it is open or at least semi-open cause they asked me to explain a phrase/wording I wrote in my secondary app

thanks! is it open or closed? can they see your grades?
In their pre-recorded interview welcome video, they say it's a partially blind interview this year. The interviewers will have access to your entire application except for your academic information and letters of recommendation, so it sounds like they won't be able to see your grades.

Reactions: 2 users
Got the ACCEPTANCE today!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone interview on the 6th and hear back for any acceptances?

^^^ also for the people with interviews, when were you complete? Just trying to gauge if there seems to be a chronological order or its by stats for II