2023-2024 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agreed the student social I attended was extremely helpful. Very very casual and authentic answers from students of each year so you get a ton of perspectives!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched 10/16! LM score 71, interviewed in September

Reactions: 5 users
When did the notifications for the social come out in relation to the II? At the same time or seperately?

The social invite was included in the interview day packet they send a few days before your interview orientation day! So my orientation was Monday 10/2 and they sent the information email thursday 9/28

My report on the social:

1. About half of the students do not buy into the physicianeer idea, and just want an extra degree for a more competitive residency
2. All the students appear to be friends, and have multiple get-togethers a week at eachothers houses
3. All of the students really respect all of the teachers

Also Houston has cool bars, but everything is hilariously far away. Truly a sprawling city.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
My report on the social:

1. About half of the students do not buy into the physicianeer idea, and just want an extra degree for a more competitive residency
2. All the students appear to be friends, and have multiple get-togethers a week at eachothers houses
3. All of the students really respect all of the teachers

Also Houston has cool bars, but everything is hilariously far away. Truly a sprawling city.
what do you see as far away? Medical center area is very compact.

Does this school accept pre-II update letters? I see a section on AMP, but I can't locate anything on the med school's FAQ page.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school accept pre-II update letters? I see a section on AMP, but I can't locate anything on the med school's FAQ page.
I believe they do and if there isn’t a space for it on the portal send to the general admissions address- put Application Update and your name in the subject line :)

Reactions: 1 user
I believe they do and if there isn’t a space for it on the portal send to the general admissions address- put Application Update and your name in the subject line :)
Thank you!

Scholarship offer just now! Prematched 10/16.
Can you talk about the scholarships? Are they specific to you, like a volleyball scholarship, or are they relatively general like "Out of state student scholarship" or something? Are they small (1,000-5,000/yr) or larger? I recall during interview day that they said they give out many scholarships.

• Hmm
Can you talk about the scholarships? Are they specific to you, like a volleyball scholarship, or are they relatively general like "Out of state student scholarship" or something? Are they small (1,000-5,000/yr) or larger? I recall during interview day that they said they give out many scholarships.
So I’m not too sure how their scholarships work, but mine was a Distinguished Merit Scholarship for all 4 years.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I also received the distinguished merit scholarship today!

• Love
I remember @texasvandy mentioning an applicant last year prematched a few days after the interview haha.

I think it’s a little healthier mentally to assume you’ll be waiting till match day until proven otherwise!

After the first one on Oct 15th, they do announce almost every month, sometimes more often, at least at A&M. This person interviewed early November on a thursday or Friday whenever the standard day is and heard back on a Monday. Possible that it was their regularly scheduled date and they just fit that person in even on a short notice.

After the first one on Oct 15th, they do announce almost every month, sometimes more often, at least at A&M. This person interviewed early November on a thursday or Friday whenever the standard day is and heard back on a Monday. Possible that it was their regularly scheduled date and they just fit that person in even on a short notice.
I do remember hearing a quick comment during orientation that they look at our applications the week after an interview.

Have there been any pre-interview Rs sent out yet?
One was reported November 8th

Has anyone OOS (not enmed) heard about acceptances yet?

One was reported November 8th

Texas schools are not known to reject before the interview slots are filled Is the rejection due to missing a secondary?

To share my experience interviewing for people with interviews coming up/lurkers next cycle:

By far the most comfortable and welcoming interview I’ve had. Both of my interviews were very conversational with set mandatory questions included.

Know your application inside and out to prepare. It was honestly a really nice feeling knowing the person in front of me really just wanted to know more about what I wrote, since most of my interviews have been either MMI or closed file.

If you have any red flags on your application, own it and reflect on what you’ve done to overcome it! I actually had an additional interview scheduled with the dean to discuss an IA that they ended up canceling after my first interview and said it wasn’t needed.

All in all, A&M was a GREAT interview and yall shouldn’t be overly nervous. Yall got this!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hi! is there an admitted EnMed students GroupMe created yet? would love to get in touch with other admitted students

Figured EnMed people may be interested: They sent an email about an EnMed Admitted Student Information Session that they will hold on Thursday, November 30. Students have to RSVP by the Tuesday before. The RSVP forms allows students to make requests for what topics they want covered and which questions they may want answered.

Additionally, the email states that they will hold another one of these sessions in the Spring.

Also, I am lucky to report, as some other applicants have above, that I was offered a scholarship at the EnMed program about a week ago. Note that they have multiple scholarship types and amounts, mine differs slightly from the one described above.

Growing more and more excited about the program, but the application cycle is still young. Good luck everyone, we may be classmates this time next year!

Figured EnMed people may be interested: They sent an email about an EnMed Admitted Student Information Session that they will hold on Thursday, November 30. Students have to RSVP by the Tuesday before. The RSVP forms allows students to make requests for what topics they want covered and which questions they may want answered.

Additionally, the email states that they will hold another one of these sessions in the Spring.

Also, I am lucky to report, as some other applicants have above, that I was offered a scholarship at the EnMed program about a week ago. Note that they have multiple scholarship types and amounts, mine differs slightly from the one described above.

Growing more and more excited about the program, but the application cycle is still young. Good luck everyone, we may be classmates this time next year!
congrats!! did you apply for the scholarship? or did they just reach out to you that you were awarded it?

congrats!! did you apply for the scholarship? or did they just reach out to you that you were awarded it?

The scholarships for the EnMed program are given using purely the information in your application and the interview. I did not have to apply separately for the scholarship. They emailed me on their own after I received the acceptance.