2023-2024 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call last night!! 9/14 faculty interview, OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
what do they do during the meeting the deans session? And could I be 20 minutes late without it affecting my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
what do they do during the meeting the deans session? And could I be 20 minutes late without it affecting my application?
Did you have Dean's session this week? Any new information given for time table for decisions? Thx

Reactions: 1 user
Any OOS acceptances yet? Anyone who interviewed early October hear back?

Anybody else interview around 10/18? Wondering when we should be hearing back?

+1 IS II. Complete Aug 1st.

Side note, anyone have any tips for the interview?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have their faculty interview in late September and Deans session in late October and not hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dean's session, I believe 10/26, and the student+faculty interview on 10/30. Have not heard back yet either.

Anyone who interviewed the week of 10/2 hear back yet?

Officially 3+ months post faculty interview and no decision… is it possible they just lost my application?

Officially 3+ months post faculty interview and no decision… is it possible they just lost my application?
I’m 2+ months out with no decision. I read elsewhere that NJMS filled a significant portion of their class through ED, so maybe that’s why few acceptances are going out?

I’m 2+ months out with no decision. I read elsewhere that NJMS filled a significant portion of their class through ED, so maybe that’s why few acceptances are going out?
I think they only WL starting in a few months so unless you get an A you get ghosted for quite a bit

I guess all hope is lost for early sept interviewers that have not heard back yet? :(

I guess all hope is lost for early sept interviewers that have not heard back yet? :(
It's hard to tell... depends on their review process. It could be that if they're unsure of an immediate A, they're holding onto apps to compare to new interviewees. or maybe they're just waiting to do a massive WL/R wave, who knows. They do have a less than 50% post ii A rate (i think close to 45%)

It's hard to tell... depends on their review process. It could be that if they're unsure of an immediate A, they're holding onto apps to compare to new interviewees. or maybe they're just waiting to do a massive WL/R wave, who knows. They do have a less than 50% post ii A rate (i think close to 45%)
We also can’t forget that most of that post II rate is inflated by ED. So it’s probably way lower for RD.

How was the dean's session for those that went to one? What should I expect or prepare?

How was the dean's session for those that went to one? What should I expect or prepare?
You don’t really need to prepare. He just asks you to speak about one of your activities and everyone in the session has about 5 minutes to speak up. After the deans leave, you have an opportunity to speak with some students some more.

Honestly very chill

Reactions: 1 users
In state, Faculty interview and student interview both 11/02….no response yet. Anyone else around the same time?

Not a hard and fast rule, but I've heard that a lot of people hear about acceptances right around the time that Christmas is about to come. My friend got accepted here last year and he heard back around the same time, and he told me that a lot of other people also heard back around the same time.

Its supposed to a christmas present from Dr Heinrich. So if you're worried you haven't heard back yet, you will likely hear back around then

I will say, I have only heard things. I haven't gotten an interview yet from here though

Not a hard and fast rule, but I've heard that a lot of people hear about acceptances right around the time that Christmas is about to come. My friend got accepted here last year and he heard back around the same time, and he told me that a lot of other people also heard back around the same time.

Its supposed to a christmas present from Dr Heinrich. So if you're worried you haven't heard back yet, you will likely hear back around then

I will say, I have only heard things. I haven't gotten an interview yet from here though
Thanks for posting this. Hope an interview comes soon for you.

• Care
Thanks for posting this. Hope an interview comes soon for you.
Hopefully! For some reason the NJ schools (so IS for me) have shown 0 love. Interviewed at cooper really early and they wait listed me after. Haven't gotten an interview at any of the other 3.

But I've gotten OOS interviews from a lot of different places. Hopefully AAMC didn't accidentally put me down as an OOS student or something

Anyone invited to interview/accepted with a LM <70 like this message!

Reactions: 6 users
Is there a general timeline for when you might hear back post interviews and dean session?

Congrats on the A! Still waiting from my 9/13 faculty interview but starting to lose hope. It is my top choice as well!
Maybe call the school? I’m rooting for ya, although my interview was on 10/18 so feeling a bit nervous haha

Submitted/complete in late July but radio silence -- should I give up hope? IS, LM 69, URM