2023-2024 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know where to find the link for the student interviewer?
The student interview link should be in the same place as the link for the faculty interview in the application portal.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Is the student interview truly optional or does it help with admissions decisions

Is the student interview truly optional or does it help with admissions decisions
i feel like optional in med school lingo means you should do it lol so I’d recommend doing it, the student one was so chill and was good for getting real insight into the school

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else who interviewed mid September getting super nervous and impatient?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know the usual turn around time from dean’s session to A?

Anyone know how far they've gotten with A calls / anyone received one recently and willing to share when you interviewed?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if they're sending waitlists/rejections rn too? Early September interview and fearing the worst :cryi:

Reactions: 3 users
Just received the confirmation email for my student interview tomorrow!!! For those who have done the student interview already, do we get the Zoom link on the same day or will we get it tomorrow?

Just received the confirmation email for my student interview tomorrow!!! For those who have done the student interview already, do we get the Zoom link on the same day or will we get it tomorrow?
It should be on the web interview section of their secondary portal.

It showed up for me the day before the interview

Faculty interview late August, student interview late September, still haven’t heard anything. Is this a good sign?

Previous threads say that A calls usually come out Sunday-Tuesday? Anybody know more about this?

If anybody else interviewed around when I did and heard back (or if anybody has gotten a WL or R at this point), or if anybody knows literally anything about how long applicants in my position should expect to wait, I would really appreciate it.

Just very stressed because I would really love to attend this school and I thought everything went well. Thanks everybody!

Faculty interview late August, student interview late September, still haven’t heard anything. Is this a good sign?

Previous threads say that A calls usually come out Sunday-Tuesday? Anybody know more about this?

If anybody else interviewed around when I did and heard back (or if anybody has gotten a WL or R at this point), or if anybody knows literally anything about how long applicants in my position should expect to wait, I would really appreciate it.

Just very stressed because I would really love to attend this school and I thought everything went well. Thanks everybody!

In a similar spot. Early September interview and late September student interview. Really hoping to hear something soon and would love to attend this school. Hoping we hear good news soon!

Similar spot to y'all. Early September interview and early October student interview. Hoping we hear something this week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Late, but...

IS II on 10/5
Complete 9/19

Excited for the opportunity. It's hard to know where schools stand with reviewing your apps or just the general order they do it in, so hopefully, I can be helpful as one more data point!
Mind sharing any stats? I submitted 9/28 and I’m curious if I might hear soon

Guess it’s safe to say that if we haven’t heard back yet for a late august interview it’s a WL or R? Anybody know if a LOI at this point is a good idea?

Guess it’s safe to say that if we haven’t heard back yet for a late august interview it’s a WL or R? Anybody know if a LOI at this point is a good idea?
If you haven't heard anything, it could probably also mean that they're not sure enough to give an A right away and they're gonna continue to review you against the new interviewees until they decide. Or maybe they're also reviewing apps in their own order based on some criteria and not in order of interview? who knows

for those that did 2nd interviews, did you feel like they wanted to know specific things that you didn't mention in 1st interview?

for those that did 2nd interviews, did you feel like they wanted to know specific things that you didn't mention in 1st interview?
my student interview literally lasted 6 minutes, so no

• Wow
my student interview literally lasted 6 minutes, so no
I think they're talking about people who were called for actual 2nd interviews, not student interviews. I think they do that for a small proportion of applicants who they need more info on before making a decision.

Mine as you could guess was mostly about how the admissions committee could be certain about me succeeding academically in medical school. Since my scenario isn’t straightforward my 2nd interview ended up talking about my childhood, undergrad, and journey to medicine and went for like an hour…it ended up being longer than my “actual” faculty interview lol. I think they’ll just ask about things that are keeping them from either accepting or rejecting you straight up

Does anyone know if we need to have attended a deans session before we hear back after both interviews?
Hey so does anyone have maybe an answer for this? Or should I just contact the school directly

Hey so does anyone have maybe an answer for this? Or should I just contact the school directly
I would guess yes just because it is a requirement, but I would reach out to make sure! Either way, I don't think it has much effect on their decision making.

IS II received yesterday 11/06. Submitted 07/29. My interview was today lol.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who interviewed the 1st week of October, hear back?

It seems as though many students get ghosted after interviews

Keep the faith, from previous threads it appears that mid to late November it picks up.

It’s been 10+ weeks at this point. You think all hope is lost?
I'm not sure honestly. I know a couple of people who interviewed in August who have already been waitlisted, so maybe it's a good sign we haven't been waitlisted yet, but last year's post had a few people who got waitlisted many months later and a few who got accepted many months later lol so it feels somewhat random. Hoping for the best but wouldn't be surprised at a waitlist at this point

Got the call yesterday night !
9/27 interview, 10/13 student interview

Reactions: 2 users
Had my faculty interview 9/13 and student interview 9/25. Have not heard anything and I am starting to lose hope :(