2023-2024 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed last week and just got invited for a one on one student interview. It says it is optional but highly recommended. Has anyone done this yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed last week and just got invited for a one on one student interview. It says it is optional but highly recommended. Has anyone done this yet?

Just received as well. Didn’t know this was coming at all lol…

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who signed up for a student interview get an assigned time yet?

Anyone who had the student interview already- was it the same chill vibe as the faculty interview or how did it go?

Anyone who had the student interview already- was it the same chill vibe as the faculty interview or how did it go?
similar experience to faculty interview but also super chill! remember, they're around our age and went through the same exact thing 1-2 years prior :) good luck!

similar experience to faculty interview but also super chill! remember, they're around our age and went through the same exact thing 1-2 years prior :) good luck!
i had mine and it was just like you said- very chill and conversational!! thank you and hope this eases anybody else's stress :)

Anybody else waiting from end July completion batch? Completed 7/27 RD

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Radio silence as an IS applicant; complete on 7/15/2023

Reactions: 1 users
515; 3.92
I got my II on 8/10 after my primary was verified on 8/1 with a 520 and 3.8 as an IS applicant. My friend who had a better MCAT submitted his secondary only a few days earlier and got his II a week earlier so I'm assuming they rank before reviewing, hopefully you will get an II soon 🙏

NJMS has half their class filled already with just early decision students. Apparently its their largest ED class ever

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
IS II just now! Only date available is 10/18 @ 10:00 AM

Reactions: 4 users
No calls today either. I had my faculty interview 10/4 & student interview 10/6. I thought my interviews had gone well, but I guess it's unrealistic to expect an answer that soon....

Reactions: 1 users
I just had my faculty interview and I think it went well, is the student interview compulsory? Is it a bad thing if we don’t get a second interview

I just had my faculty interview and I think it went well, is the student interview compulsory? Is it a bad thing if we don’t get a second interview
The email I received for the student interview said everyone who interviews is offered the optional (but recommended) student interview. But that invite was like 3 weeks after my faculty interview so you'll likely get the Student Interview Invite later.

Congrats to all those who got A’s. ED people made a class group chat here’s the link to those who would like to join.

You're invited to my new group 'NJMS 2028🥳' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

What even is the student interview, is it like an actual scored and evaluated interview, or is it more of like a Q and A with a student?

What even is the student interview, is it like an actual scored and evaluated interview, or is it more of like a Q and A with a student?
It is part of the evaluation because my student interviewer mentioned that she would be sending an eval to the committee. I'm not sure how much weight they put on the student interview but it was very chill and conversational & was a good opportunity to ask questions of someone who currently attends the school.

• Love
Where did you hear this?
My friend applied ED and they apparently had some kind of call with all the students who have been accepted. Now apparently there are a total of 105 (with BA/MD students too).

Does anyone know if we need to have attended a deans session before we hear back after both interviews?

Late, but...

IS II on 10/5
Complete 9/19

Excited for the opportunity. It's hard to know where schools stand with reviewing your apps or just the general order they do it in, so hopefully, I can be helpful as one more data point!

anyone know where to find the link for the student interviewer?

Does anyone know if the Meet the Deans session has an impact on decisions? Also what is the dress code for that (because I am attending it during my lunch break at work)?
my meet the dean session is 2,1/2 months after my interview so probably not that much