2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do the 4 bars mean? Application complete?

According to last year, 4 means application under review/complete, 5 means interview invite, 6 means interview has been completed and waiting for decision, and 7 means decision has been made

Members don't see this ad.

According to last year, 4 means application under review/complete, 5 means interview invite, 6 means interview has been completed and waiting for decision, and 7 means decision has been made

At 7 bars do they deliver my Dominoes pizza too?

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Were you able to receive a response from them? I submitted my payment today and was wondering if I should give them a call tomorrow (my committee letter/letter packet was sent a while back in June).
I submitted my payment earlier today as well. I had a committee letter sent in a while back and it appears on the portal, but the portal continues to say "Awaiting required materials"
Has your status changed by any chance? Did you end up emailing admissions?

I submitted my payment earlier today as well. I had a committee letter sent in a while back and it appears on the portal, but the portal continues to say "Awaiting required materials"
i recommend emailing them. that’s what i did. and they corrected it

I did email them and it seems like they pushed it manually to count all of the letters as received!

Just going to leave this on all the schools I applied to, I did receive secondaries from every DO school:

Submitted all 16 DO Schools on 5/28/23... Verified 5/31/23

States: 3.73 Science, 3.77 Overall, 501 (125/122/127/127) and 508 (125/125/127/131)

For this school, secondary received: 6/20/23

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted AACOMAS mid June and still haven't received anything. It says all my schools received my app but still nothing... what should I do?

Emailed the admission’s office for an update and they went ahead and finished my initial review. At 4 bars now! Doesn’t hurt to try it out.

Emailed the admission’s office for an update and they went ahead and finished my initial review. At 4 bars now! Doesn’t hurt to try it out.
I did this as well a few days ago to verify I had all materials in, they told me my application was complete and under review, but I'm still at 3 bars! it all seems a bit arbitrary.

was at 3 bars since 6/29. emailed today asking if they needed additional information and they replied "We have all the required materials we need from you at this time. I have gone ahead and done your initial review, and you are onto the next step in the application review."
checked my portal and it's at 4 bars now!

Reactions: 4 users
was at 3 bars since 6/29. emailed today asking if they needed additional information and they replied "We have all the required materials we need from you at this time. I have gone ahead and done your initial review, and you are onto the next step in the application review."
checked my portal and it's at 4 bars now!
I called them and they said I am all set, but I am still at 3 bars.

submitted 6/23 (i believe, don't quote me on that) and have been at 4 bars for maybe 4-5 days

I was accepted off the waitlist for this upcoming year. Former PCOM biomed student with very low stats, but I still got in like a month before orientation. Happy to answer questions :)

Reactions: 1 users
I did this as well a few days ago to verify I had all materials in, they told me my application was complete and under review, but I'm still at 3 bars! it all seems a bit arbitrary.
the same thing happened to me, emailed Tuesday and they got back to me pretty fast and told me my application was complete, but still at three bars today. I just hope it's not holding up my app

When do II historically start for PCOM?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know how long after being verified it takes PCOM to complete the review for the applications? I just became verified today (have all my scores, transcripts, and letters) and I feel so late

Edit: Nevermind I’m at 4 bars

Last edited:
Went to check my portal today, and it randomly shows my LORs listed twice?? Once when I actually submitted them (back in June), and then again from 4 days ago. Has anyone else seen this?

Still at 3 bars.

I’m taking MCAT Fri. Will that be too late to submit to PCOM once I get my scores, or should I submit sooner and have Scores sent when they arrive (IS, 3.9 cGPA/3.8 sGPA, non trad)

I’m taking MCAT Fri. Will that be too late to submit to PCOM once I get my scores, or should I submit sooner and have Scores sent when they arrive (IS, 3.9 cGPA/3.8 sGPA, non trad)
No, from what I understand you can take your MCAT as late as September and still be fine for the DO cycle. Not so much the MD

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how long after being verified it takes PCOM to complete the review for the applications? I just became verified today (have all my scores, transcripts, and letters) and I feel so late

Edit: Nevermind I’m at 4 bars
Well damn I submitted my secondary almost a month ago and still at 3 bars

Well damn I submitted my secondary almost a month ago and still at 3 bars

IMG_2179.png

This is what it’s supposed to look like right?

Do they usually email after getting verified about paying a secondary fee?

I never got an email, the initial review says it takes about 10 business day, I waited a week to email them for an update and they went ahead and finished my initial review now I am on 4 bars. You can also check the application materials tab to see if they have received all your documents.

It looks like they recently updated the portal to show that it now takes about 10-15 business days to move past the initial review. I would recommend holding off from emailing admissions to push you to four bars until after you have passed 15 business days.

It looks like they recently updated the portal to show that it now takes about 10-15 business days to move past the initial review. I would recommend holding off from emailing admissions to push you to four bars until after you have passed 15 business days.

For sure, sorry if there was miscommunication, I meant I waited a week after the 10 business days. Also I only asked for an update and they went ahead and did the rest.

I never thought I would be here hyperfixating on a line of bars, but here we are :rofl: