2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how full the class is?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think class is pretty much full, since PCOM South have been waitlisting people since December of last year and pulling people off of the waitlist since February.
That’s a pretty big assumption to make considering we don’t actually know how many people have been accepted or who will actually enroll, given people can have mutiple offers even after being pulled off the waitlist. We don’t know until we know

That’s a pretty big assumption to make considering we don’t actually know how many people have been accepted or who will actually enroll, given people can have mutiple offers even after being pulled off the waitlist. We don’t know until we know
That is true, but class is full and that is the reason why we do not see the waitlist movement I think.

I just wonder how many people would have dropped their acceptances after heavy deposit of 500$ on April 15. I would assume those people who pay 500$ are at least some what serious.

Considering we do not see the waitlist movement even after the April 15, I would believe class is most likely filled with people who will most likely matriculate as well.

That is true, but class is full and that is the reason why we do not see the waitlist movement I think.

I just wonder how many people would have dropped their acceptances after heavy deposit of 500$ on April 15. I would assume those people who pay 500$ are at least some what serious.

Considering we do not see the waitlist movement even after the April 15, I would believe class is most likely filled with people who will most likely matriculate as well.
That’s a good point, but some people just pay the deposit to make sure they have a spot somewhere, before hearing back from all schools. And from what I have seen other DO programs have much higher non-refundable deposits of up to $3000 so in comparison the $500 is not that much :/ PCOM just runs really late in the cycle.

Question, can you send a letter of intent after sending a letter of interest? This is the only place I interviewed so I'm trying everything.

Reactions: 1 user

If we look at last year's timeline and thread we see that they did not accept no one after the 15th of April but after May 1st they started accepting a bunch of people.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If we look at last year's timeline and thread we see that they did not accept no one after the 15th of April but after May 1st they started accepting a bunch of people.
I think it has to do with ACOMAS traffic where applicant have to narrow down to 1 acceptance before May 1 to avoid getting their acceptances withdrawal.

I’m in the class and don’t think it’s full yet because the GroupMe has like 20ish people

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
My app was at 6 bars this morning and now 7 bars! Anyone know what

Do you see 2 drop down boxes on the page where it shows 7 bars?

If you do, that means you were accepted. If not, then you either got waitlisted or rejected.

You will get your official decision update tommarow

Do you see 2 drop down boxes on the page where it shows 7 bars?

If you do, that means you were accepted. If not, then you either got waitlisted or rejected.

You will get your official decision update tommarow
This is true, really useful to know. I am waitlisted so I only have 1

Mid 490s 3.7 GPA, strong ties to rural GA, lots of community service, lots of health care experience. Accepted first week of January

Reactions: 1 user
Feel like I’m losing hope being on the waitlist for this school as there appears to be a lot of ppl on the WL with little movement :(

Feel like I’m losing hope being on the waitlist for this school as there appears to be a lot of ppl on the WL with little movement :(
Today is Thursday, I think they have their meeting today. Who knows if tomorrow we will hear something, last year may 1st and 2nd lots of people were accepted from the waitlist

Reactions: 1 users