2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what did you ask them? just your status?
I did this today and emailed about letters of rec bc I had a few extra and just asked for confirmation that all materials were received and they confirmed and now there is 4 bars!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I did this today and emailed about letters of rec bc I had a few extra and just asked for confirmation that all materials were received and they confirmed and now there is 4 bars!
Okay that's great! I'll email them too! PCOM GA is at 4 bars for me but PCOM PA is at 3

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got to four bars today for PA. Have been at four bars for SGA campus for much longer. I didn't email or anything. I think it took this long because I was complete very early

If I want to apply to PCOM philly and PCOM ga-suwanee, do i have to pay $75 two times bc im seeing that the applications are separate.

If I want to apply to PCOM philly and PCOM ga-suwanee, do i have to pay $75 two times bc im seeing that the applications are separate.

Yes I’m pretty sure PCOM PA and SGA are 75 dollars and PCOM GA is another 75

anyone know when interviews might be sent out? been at 4 bars since mid July

looks like COMP-Pomona also hasn't sent out II yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m sure it will be fine.
Same thing happened here AND my AACOMAS waiver didn't go through and I paid anyway because I panicked seeing that the fee hadn't been paid yet. It would be wild for them to basically give me an R because I didn't read properly right?
They can have my money if they really want it but gosh I am STRESSED.

Anybody know if all PCOM campuses still have mandatory lecture?

Hi! Current M2. Back when I applied I had no masters degree, was OOS, and applied in February (interview March, accepted April, started August). PCOM, like any medical school, has its own set of problems but it has been the most amazing time of my life. I love medical school, the friends/support I have found at PCOM, all of it. Is it easy? Of course not. Is it manageable with a social life, boyfriend/girlfriend, friends, and family time? Absolutely.

Not sure if I can divulge the exact curriculum, but you start with the basic sciences, then move into systems. In second year, you learn the clinical applications of each system.

You guys got this!

Reactions: 13 users
Hi! Current M2. Back when I applied I had no masters degree, was OOS, and applied in February (interview March, accepted April, started August). PCOM, like any medical school, has its own set of problems but it has been the most amazing time of my life. I love medical school, the friends/support I have found at PCOM, all of it. Is it easy? Of course not. Is it manageable with a social life, boyfriend/girlfriend, friends, and family time? Absolutely.

Not sure if I can divulge the exact curriculum, but you start with the basic sciences, then move into systems. In second year, you learn the clinical applications of each system.

You guys got this!
Thank you so much for this 🙏😭 what was your MCAT and GPA when you applied, if you don’t mind me asking?

You guys got this!
I desperately needed this thank you!

Hey everyone! I’m a current M1 here. Let me know if you guys have any questions regarding PCOM and I’ll try my best to answer them 👍

Hey everyone! I’m a current M1 here. Let me know if you guys have any questions regarding PCOM and I’ll try my best to answer them 👍
Do you feel like you can balance your relationships with school work ??

Do you feel like you can balance your relationships with school work ??
I must say that I am single, but in terms of other relationships like with friends and family, it is absolutely manageable to balance. However, you’ll have to be very wise with your time as a lot of it is occupied by studying and other school work. For me, I dedicate one day a week to not do work and to just relax. But for the other six days, it’s mainly a lot of studying. I hope this helped!

Reactions: 2 users
I must say that I am single, but in terms of other relationships like with friends and family, it is absolutely manageable to balance. However, you’ll have to be very wise with your time as a lot of it is occupied by studying and other school work. For me, I dedicate one day a week to not do work and to just relax. But for the other six days, it’s mainly a lot of studying. I hope this helped!
thank you! i have heard that tip before, i was wondering it is feasible to dedicate one day a week to my partner

Who else had their heart dropped from that email they just sent out

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else get bullied today with the Expo email?

Reactions: 9 users
This is interesting. Are you OOS? I received the invite (local IS applicant), wondering if they are targeting local applicants and/or students who expressed heavy interest in their program
I got it. OOS. did not specify any more interest in their program compared to any other. also heart skipped a beat seeing it
YOURE INVITED to an info session. lol bastards

Reactions: 5 users
Got to four bars today for PA. Have been at four bars for SGA campus for much longer. I didn't email or anything. I think it took this long because I was complete very early
Sorry for the stupid question, but what does "bars" mean? Thanks.

It depends on the school and for the most part no one specifies a shadowing requirement, more so a LOR from an MD or DO. Some schools have no requirement (PCOM has a preference for a DO letter, but it is not required), most schools require a letter from MD or DO but prefer DO, and some schools require a DO LOR. You can very often find this under the admissions requirements on the school's website or looking under each school in the program section of AACOMAS.

No secondary prompts besides what's listed in the primary application. Typically, in August PCOM will send out a link to their portal page and that is it. Nothing to really do until the interview.
Odd question but do they ask ANY extra questions on the portal, or is it just a portal + fee? I’m not talking about secondary essays since I know those were embedded in the primary.

Sorry for the stupid question, but what does "bars" mean? Thanks.
Assuming things have stayed the same since last cycle:
1-3 Bars: Application started and/or something is missing from your application
4 Bars: Application complete
5 Bars: Interview invite
6 Bars: Final review of application
7 Bars: Post-interview decision (A, WL, R)

Reactions: 3 users
Odd question but do they ask ANY extra questions on the portal, or is it just a portal + fee? I’m not talking about secondary essays since I know those were embedded in the primary.
There are no extra questions to do on the portal. Once you pay the application fee, then your application should be complete

Assuming things have stayed the same since last cycle:
1-3 Bars: Application started and/or something is missing from your application
4 Bars: Application complete
5 Bars: Interview invite
6 Bars: Final review of application
7 Bars: Post-interview decision (A, WL, R)
Thank you for the response

Any IIs so far? submitted secondary payment 7/27.