2023-2024 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You think they’re done calling for the day? I feel like they probably called everyone for the day by now
Last year there was at least one reported evening call

Members don't see this ad.

I think calls into the evening is likely. Probably some interviewers only available after workday

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an A call (yay). Got a highly ranked email :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
From past threads, they will call up to Friday (though most come out today and tm)

:unsure: I might have fumbled. Got a likely letter but didn't upload an additional letter of interest, just had an update where I said it was a top choice, and told my likely letter writer that it was a top 3 choice. Nota bene future applicants! When they say they want a letter of interest, they want it explicitly labeled as such and uploaded to the portal I'm guessing
Same, highly ranked but no call yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Just feels over, that's all
Yeah I’ve been keeping expectations low but haven’t been able to get rid of that tiny sliver of hope lol. Fingers crossed that we hear back sometime later this week

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I’ve been keeping expectations low but haven’t been able to get rid of that tiny sliver of hope lol. Fingers crossed that we hear back sometime later this week
Yeah I wish I had an acceptance in the bag, I think I would feel much better. It's hard to not get emotional when you're only banking on a few schools and one falls through. I'm also probably being dramatic, it just hurts to work so hard for so long just for everything to boil down to luck. Fingers crossed for us!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I wish they'd just send out a mass email to the accepted list that they already decided on Feb. 2nd lmao I understand that the call makes it much more personal, but this period of limbo where I don't even know if/when my phone is going to ring is insufferable haha

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe people just aren't reporting on SDN but it seems like not as many A calls as last year on the first day? Trying not to give up hope yet🥺

I wish they'd just send out a mass email to the accepted list that they already decided on Feb. 2nd lmao I understand that the call makes it much more personal, but this period of limbo where I don't even know if/when my phone is going to ring is insufferable haha
They specifically stopped doing that after what happened a few years ago

I predict good fortune in the coming hours for you (call back?)
They didn't answer but just got called back by the dean to congratulate me and give me the A! This is a dream come true, and I hope I get to call you my classmate in the future!

Sent LOI and Received Highly Ranked Email in Late Jan

• Love
My amazing friend just got the A call from the Arizona campus!! :))

They specifically stopped doing that after what happened a few years ago
Yeah I get why they're crossing the t's and dotting the i's after what happened 😂 but it still sucks to find out my fate on a random day in the next two weeks

Got the A call guys, had sent letter of interest pretty early on and received highly ranked email as well.

• Love
Got the call today at 3 PM for an A to the MN/FL track. Sent a letter of intent, no ranked email or any additional communication. Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting, you all are great applicants and I am hoping for the best for you.

• Love
MN/FL acceptance mid-afternoon today. Sent an LOI, never got highly ranked
Keep up hope everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Got the call today at 3 PM for an A to the MN/FL track. Sent a letter of intent, no ranked email or any additional communication. Best of luck to everyone who's still waiting, you all are great applicants and I am hoping for the best for you.
Congrats!! Did someone from MN or FL campus call you?

Just got the call for MN 4-year!

Edit: I sent a letter of intent and received a "highly ranked" email from my faculty interviewer. Wishing all the best for everyone here <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! If the FL dean is making the phone calls, it'd be my guess they've all been made at this point. Guess I'm reapplying :cryi:
Don't give up hope! Last year seems to suggest calls can go out for a few days this week. Also, mine wasn't from a dean. It was from a doc who interviewed me.

Don't give up hope! Last year seems to suggest calls can go out for a few days this week. Also, mine wasn't from a dean. It was from a doc who interviewed me.
Thanks, friend. I got interviewed by the FL dean and a student, so with no call at this point I'm not feeling too confident. C'est la vie.

Again- CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Care
Well friends, I’m proud to inform you that I got the A via call from my student interviewer (NOT Dr. GC) about a half hour ago. Feeling very blessed, but my heart goes out to those still waiting… my fingers remain crossed for you all ❤️

Interviewed first week Dec, sent LOInterest, no highly ranked letter or interest gauging email.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Anyone get a call from Dr. I Pa or student R Ab

insert nemo seagull gif except they're saying "call?" repeatedly

For those accepted, can you already see MCASOM on your choose your medical school tool on AMCAS?