2023-2024 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I missed this on my call did they say finacial aid/merit scholarship stuff would come this week or "in the coming weeks"

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Called to ask finaid about this and they said they will be releasing it tomorrow and Monday
I missed this on my call did they say finacial aid/merit scholarship stuff would come this week or "in the coming weeks"

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I'm curious did anyone else's interview have a second person in the zoom room who was silent the whole time but there for training purposes to learn how to interview and had read your app beforehand? It threw me off a lot lol

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I'm curious did anyone else's interview have a second person in the zoom room who was silent the whole time but there for training purposes to learn how to interview and had read your app beforehand? It threw me off a lot lol
Lmao I had this happen at Stritch for an in-person interview

Not for Mayo though. I wonder if having a trainee like that causes your actual interviewer to be less lenient when scoring, since they have to teach the standard for scoring

Lmao I had this happen at Stritch for an in-person interview

Not for Mayo though. I wonder if having a trainee like that causes your actual interviewer to be less lenient when scoring, since they have to teach the standard for scoring
Had this happen for me at Stritch in person as well 😂. Really awkward

I also had someone training during my interview. Was overall a positive experience for me!
Im sorry you had a negative experience, it definitely threw me for a bit of a loop initially as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Financial aid info received, full tuition scholarship for Mayo MN!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats! Is it need based or merit based scholarship?
I think they consider you for both merit and need and then just give you whatever is the most generous outcome of the two, but I might be wrong. I would’ve gotten a decent amount of need-based aid, but I think my award is merit-based based on how they broke it down

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s insane yall so happy for you guys!! Also got financial aid, not full tuition but at least we’re getting info

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I think they consider you for both merit and need and then just give you whatever is the most generous outcome of the two, but I might be wrong. I would’ve gotten a decent amount of need-based aid, but I think my award is merit-based based on how they broke it down
Hey, what do you mean by how they broke it down? Did they send you a breakdown of the scholarship information or did you not submit the scholarship application. Asking hoping to negotiate?

Hey, what do you mean by how they broke it down? Did they send you a breakdown of the scholarship information or did you not submit the scholarship application. Asking hoping to negotiate?
They just gave me a number ($65,000 "renewable for up to 4 years") and then my MCAT score was in a chart and they said they took into account GPA as well

Reactions: 2 users
I got like 60% tuiton! I dont know how they determined it but mine had that chart too ^

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
75% tuition scholarship received :) I’ll see anyone going in July!

Edit: Also just got some additional aid for my first year!

Edit 2: Ended up getting raised to full tuition! For future applicants: when I reached out they said they do not match scholarships(had full tuition elsewhere), but a few weeks later I was called that additional money was offered and my scholarship was now full tuition for all 4 years. Even if a school says they don't match scholarships, it does not hurt to ask!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats everyone! See you all soon

For the record, it seems like scholarships are a combination of merit and need, unless you didn't submit a need-based application

OOS WL email today. Interviewed for AZ, but the email specified that you could be selected for any of the campuses you indicated on the secondary.

Of note, they also mentioned that, most years, at least half the incoming class is pulled from the WL. The list is not ranked.

Last edited:
  • Care
OOS WL email today. Interviewed for AZ, but the email specified that you could be selected for any of the campuses you indicated on the secondary.

Of note, they also mentioned that most years at least half the incoming class is pulled from the WL. The list is not ranked.
Did not receive. Gonna go out on a limb and say that's a rejection.

• Sad
Nothing yet for me either, MN

I did not get a waitlist email, but I tried logging into my portal and got ‘access denied, The username or password you have entered does not match any account. Please contact the Office of Admissions.‘

That can’t be good lmao

I did not get a waitlist email, but I tried logging into my portal and got ‘access denied, The username or password you have entered does not match any account. Please contact the Office of Admissions.‘

That can’t be good lmao
Just tried and same. Post-II R coming in hot 🔥

Lmao same, they weren't kidding when they said cracking the T20 was hard 😂

The streak continues..

I don't know that this is indicative of an R. I was accepted with a substantial scholarship, and it's also giving me access denied right now.
Thank you for this false hope you have instilled in me lol

The neuroticism was fun while it lasted 😂 mb for causing a panic last night lol

• Haha
Holy **** thank god, waitlisted for AZ campus. Hopefully this leads to something.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have MSAR data for Mayo Clinic's WL? I know they have substantial movement and that "some years half of the class comes off the alternate list," I'd just appreciate some hard numbers.

Honestly so grateful to still be considered!!