2023-2024 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone speak to what the student insurance at Mayo looks like? Like how much it costs and if a spouse can be added?
For the 2024-2025 academic year, the premium cost for student is $2184 annually. If the student is enrolled, dependents can be enrolled. I believe same cost per dependent ($2184 annually for each dependent) from what I was told.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email from the dean gauging my interest. At this point, I have no clue what it means but let’s see how it works out this time lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I received one as well from the Florida Dean, though it seems these are probably random. Sent a letter of intent back in January.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just based on past threads they don't seem super correlated with getting off the waitlist. but honestly who knows
From what I have gathered, Mayo has a super weird process

Reactions: 2 users
At this point we've already waited so long, but is it possible to hear back May 1st? Or will the earliest most likely be the 2nd

At this point we've already waited so long, but is it possible to hear back May 1st? Or will the earliest most likely be the 2nd
It is possible but less likely since in the past people have gotten off waitlists b4 April 30th (at other schools I've seen)

I just withdrew my acceptance. For full transparency, I got a 50% Merit 50% Need Scholarship which covered all my tuition. Hope the best for all of you on the waitlist!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hey! So it seems like most acceptances off of the WL came on the 2nd last year... are we thinking that this year might be the same?

Hey! So it seems like most acceptances off of the WL came on the 2nd last year... are we thinking that this year might be the same?
I'm thinking similar but not necessarily same. Probably most come at beginning of May/ first week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got in off the WL! MN campus

Edit: I got the highly interested email and phone call the first time around but was put on the WL and then got another one a week ago from the dean

• Love
Woooohoooo!! R u gonna go?
I got the phone call for Cleveland clinic right after and I was plan to enroll for NW so rn I’m waiting for financial aid to be complete so I can make an informed choice 😭 I’m beyond excited though

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I got the phone call for Cleveland clinic right after and I was plan to enroll for NW so rn I’m waiting for financial aid to be complete so I can make an informed choice 😭 I’m beyond excited though
Now u have full tuition 😎 at least

• Love
A off waitlist yesterday! MN campus. Got the highly interested email a week ago as well.

• Love
Does Mayo typically reject people off the waitlist? I was looking on last year's SDN and it looks like they just ghost waitlisted applicants until the end of the cycle??

Does Mayo typically reject people off the waitlist? I was looking on last year's SDN and it looks like they just ghost waitlisted applicants until the end of the cycle??
I feel like that’s how most waitlists work

There is. For first round admitted students, it was somewhere on AMP
Yeah, you'll get access to it through your portal. Don't want to share it here; all the other GroupMe's got hit with spam if they were shared publicly.

Just got the call off the waitlist (AZ campus I believe). Been a crazy 24 hours.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users