2023-2024 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol was this in an email? If so I did not receive it :dead:
Yes, it was an email from Mayo's recruitment office inviting me to attend their med school app info webinars. That was the subject line

Now, there is a teeny tiny (but very loud) part of me wondering if this is similar to schools that send the email addresses of the students they reject to their masters or PA program offices....

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, it was an email from Mayo's recruitment office inviting me to attend their med school app info webinars. That was the subject line

Now, there is a teeny tiny (but very loud) part of me wondering if this is similar to schools that send the email addresses of the students they reject to their masters or PA program offices....
Did u get a highly ranked email too?

Oh hm, I didn't receive that email

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Maybe it could do with a separate email list they've compiled in the past for general recruitment - have you registered for one of their med school info session webinars at any point?

Maybe it could do with a separate email list they've compiled in the past for general recruitment - have you registered for one of their med school info session webinars at any point?
Nope!

• Hmm
@OreoLover365 and I have discovered something - we both did a 1 on 1 meeting with a Mayo admissions counselor before applying. Wondering if that is where is email list came from, anyone else?

@OreoLover365 and I have discovered something - we both did a 1 on 1 meeting with a Mayo admissions counselor before applying. Wondering if that is where is email list came from, anyone else?
That would make a lot of sense - I didn’t get the email & also did not do a 1 on 1 session!

I noticed that decision day is also on presidents day, do they typically make calls on holidays?
Doubt it. Universities typically don't do any work on holidays. However with Mayo not being the typical university maybe this is different.

I noticed that decision day is also on presidents day, do they typically make calls on holidays?
Doubt it. Universities typically don't do any work on holidays. However with Mayo not being the typical university maybe this is different.
My university has classes/business as usual on President's day... so there's that

• Wow
My university has classes/business as usual on President's day... so there's that
Ditto, our Admission Office works on President's Day and it's notoriously busy as fk. I don't even know which presidents we're celebrating and it better not be all of them

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Got that apply to Mayo email despite being rejected months ago

Members don't see this ad :)
God the things that I would do for Mayo's Post-II Acceptance Rate to be higher than 25%

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
That’s including people off the waitlist too lmao.
AND they have crazy WL movement. I wouldn't be surprised if their interview -> A rate was like 12.5% and the interview -> WL -> A rate was also 12.5%.

Basically I shouldn't be getting my hopes up for Feb 19th lol

AND they have crazy WL movement. I wouldn't be surprised if their interview -> A rate was like 12.5% and the interview -> WL -> A rate was also 12.5%.

I imagine sending a letter of intent increases those chances dramatically. Judging by your name, I assume you must have sent one?

I imagine sending a letter of intent increases those chances dramatically. Judging by your name, I assume you must have sent one?
I imagine you’re right and yeah I did send a letter of intent!

The only thing is that it’s like well known that Mayo loves LoI’s so tons of people are probably just playing their game. It’s hard to distinguish (maybe even impossible) genuine LoI’s from disingenuous ones.

Reactions: 2 users
I imagine you’re right and yeah I did send a letter of intent!

The only thing is that it’s like well known that Mayo loves LoI’s so tons of people are probably just playing their game. It’s hard to distinguish (maybe even impossible) genuine LoI’s from disingenuous ones.
They can at least distinguish letters of intent vs interest. Plenty like myself chose to send interest instead of intent, so you're already in a higher tier for them.

They can at least distinguish letters of intent vs interest. Plenty like myself chose to send interest instead of intent, so you're already in a higher tier for them.
This is true, although most students accepted first round don’t submit a letter of intent, atleast historically, hence the large amount of WL movement(assuming people follow through w their letters).

do most accepted students get the call on the first day?
From past threads the answer is yes and the last calls are typically made Friday of the week of A's and they can happen at any time (morning and even night time, like 8:30 pm cst)

From past threads the answer is yes and the last calls are typically made Friday of the week of A's and they can happen at any time (morning and even night time, like 8:30 pm cst)
Just want to add that I went through the threads too and this seems to be the case to me as well.

It seems like 60%ish or more of all reported A’s are in that first weeks

God is more likely to give me a pre-II A for Heaven than me getting into Mayo with these chances

• Haha
I'm regretting my letter of intent, i don't think mayo is my #1 anymore, do you guys think i should withdraw?😭 I'm not sure what is good etiquette here
As far as I remember, the letters aren't binding at Mayo from what they said in their email. However, if you have gotten into a school you prefer more than Mayo, you could consider withdrawing to give others a better chance

God is more likely to give me a pre-II A for Heaven than me getting into Mayo with these chances
Lol, this is amazing. However, remember is going to get in, so why can't that person be you?

n=1 but I did receive an email from Case Western (or Northwestern? One of them westerners lol) last week inviting me to take one of their master's programs, and then I go the R this week.

• Sad
  • Care
Just one more day…. Wishing good news for everyone tomorrow!

• Love
Oh man what I’d do to go into tomorrow with atleast a highly ranked letter lol

• Haha
Looking back on everything... I did my best on the interview, and my letter of interest is about as good as I could have possibly made it, so if I don't get in I at least know I did everything I could! I hope you all feel the same sense of peace about it as well.

Again, my fingers are crossed for us all. Either way you know you're a great applicant because you got an interview at Mayo!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Ngl all I’m hoping is that I don’t get outright rejected..

After searching prior year threads, it seems that they stagger A calls all through this week. Further, we can expect WL to also be staggered through the following week. Finally, they send rejections after all that's done.

Just wanted to put this here to save people time looking at prior threads!

After searching prior year threads, it seems that they stagger A calls all through this week. Further, we can expect WL to also be staggered through the following week. Finally, they send rejections after all that's done.

Just wanted to put this here to save people time looking at prior threads!
Good to know.
And answer your phones, everyone!

Alright my friends

Tomorrow is reckoning day. I'm gonna be unplugging from SDN for the entirety of tomorrow to drink and play videogames to distract me. I'll post if that sweet call comes in.

Good luck to everyone, I truly hope I can call all of you my classmates in the fall.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Alright my friends

Tomorrow is reckoning day. I'm gonna be unplugging from SDN for the entirety of tomorrow to drink and play videogames to distract me. I'll post if that sweet call comes in.

Good luck to everyone, I truly hope I can call all of you my classmates in the fall.

Fk, is this what the soldiers under George Washington felt when GW talked to them before going into battle?

I feel like I finally understand the true meaning of President's Day

Godspeed, future doctors 🫡

• Haha
excited finding nemo GIF

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Got the A for the az/fl track! Called around 9:30

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats! Any letter of intent or likely letter?
I got the “highly impressed” email and I also sent a letter of intent. Didn’t say anything binding in the LOI though, just that they were my top choice.

So no Minnesota calls reported so far.