2022-2023 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to MSAR, acceptance decisions begin tomorrow?
I hope so. I hope they give me an A before my interview on the 27th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
damn youre right I really hope thats no typo

on their post interview acceptance dates though they said acceptances to go out
Late-November 2022
to
End-of-April 2022

so now i really dont know

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
damn youre right I really hope thats no typo

on their post interview acceptance dates though they said acceptances to go out
Late-November 2022
to
End-of-April 2022

so now i really dont know
I would bet your info is much more accurate and up-to-date than MSAR

I would bet your info is much more accurate and up-to-date than MSAR
yeah but like plz dont make me wait until late november ahhaah
at the interview they said in really quick passing 6-8 weeks or something and I was like... that doesnt sound like october 15th?

I know some schools will not let you apply more than twice, can you apply more than twice here?

Omg II around 7:40 am EST!! LM 73, IS, submitted secondary on 7/10 but I got the complete email on August 4th.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II this morning. LM 75, WARS 87, reapplicant - complete 7/18.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone hear anything? the last year they didnt realease until oct 20 i think

they said within 6 weeks, but also not until late november. 6 weeks for me would be late october tho...do we think theyll follow the 6 week rule or not start until november?

they said within 6 weeks, but also not until late november. 6 weeks for me would be late october tho...do we think theyll follow the 6 week rule or not start until november?
last years thread showed october 20th ish when they started, for me 6 weeks would also be late october so I am hoping they will start in october

for those who interviewed, was it chill? Interviewing in a couple of weeks.
It was pretty chill yea, it was of course an MMI with 8 interview stations and 1 rest stop and a traditional interview station ofc (I think that's all online), and they were upfront about there being no actors.

Although they said they preferred you didn't take notes during your 2 minutes preparing for your response, I don't recall any of the question being too crazy or outlandish. They have other open ended discussion questions ready so dont worry about talking for too long either lol

Reactions: 4 users
how long does NYMC send out interviews?? I heard this school doesn't even reject you - been quiet for me since 6/26

how long does NYMC send out interviews?? I heard this school doesn't even reject you - been quiet for me since 6/26
When I got my II back on 9/29 the only dates I saw were for December so I think it would be a fair assessment to say that we may be nearing the end of IIs

• Sad
Hi! For those who have interviewed or if there any current medical students at NYMC in the thread. Did you guys send thank you letters post interview? I was not sent any information of who I met, so I am not sure if this is to not flood their inboxes or if I can just contact admissions for their contact.

Hi! For those who have interviewed or if there any current medical students at NYMC in the thread. Did you guys send thank you letters post interview? I was not sent any information of who I met, so I am not sure if this is to not flood their inboxes or if I can just contact admissions for their contact.
For MMIs I have been told the general advice is to just address thank you letters to the admissions office as a whole

I will be withdrawing from my interview here!! Hopefully it goes to one of you soon. Good luck to all!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Guys I am soo anxious to hear back! Its been over a month since I interviewed. Anyone heard anything?!

Just had my interview with the world renowned NYMC. It's a great school, and they're proud of it. I can't tell you the MMI questions because I'll be placed into a NYC super prison, though I can tell you about the atmosphere: the other applicants were sweet hearts and all had Brooklyn accents and sounded like they'd give me some gabagool if I asked for some. No one was mean, and we were all really respectful. I think that's the energy NYMC is going for.
Dr. Halperin, Chancellor, was really funny. He used deadpan humor during his few minutes with us.

Regarding abortion, NYMC will still teach and advocate reproductive rights and procedures, he says. "That's what we do. We survived 160 years and we have outlived idiots before. We'll outlive idiots again. It's what we do," says Dr. Halperin. "If you want connections to big research opportunities, it's what we do. If you want more connections to hospitals and treat really sick people, it's what we do. If you want more time with patient interaction and more attention from the attendings and teachers, it's what we do. If you want to drive around in a Mercedes and eat caviar for lunch, that's not what we do. NYMC was founded by a Republican in 1860, a leftist by today's standards, on the grounds that every person deserves healthcare no matter their race, religion, creed, or ability to pay. We were one of the first schools to admit women to the class and graduated the first black woman in the 1870s. She was Valedictorian of that class. It's what we do. No person is an 'illegal alien', and if you believe that people can be illegal or don't deserve human rights, or that people should not receive treatment because they are underinsured, don't come here. You can crawl to the steps of a hospital within an inch of your life, and we'll treat you no matter who you are or your ability to pay. It's what we do."
He raised NYMC in my eyes with that speech. I love him.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Just had my interview with the world renowned NYMC. It's a great school, and they're proud of it. I can't tell you the MMI questions because I'll be placed into a NYC super prison, though I can tell you about the atmosphere: the other applicants were sweet hearts and all had Brooklyn accents and sounded like they'd give me some gabagool if I asked for some. No one was mean, and we were all really respectful. I think that's the energy NYMC is going for.
Dr. Halperin, Chancellor, was really funny. He used deadpan humor during his few minutes with us.

Regarding abortion, NYMC will still teach and advocate reproductive rights and procedures, he says. "That's what we do. We survived 160 years and we have outlived idiots before. We'll outlive idiots again. It's what we do," says Dr. Halperin. "If you want connections to big research opportunities, it's what we do. If you want more connections to hospitals and treat really sick people, it's what we do. If you want more time with patient interaction and more attention from the attendings and teachers, it's what we do. If you want to drive around in a Mercedes and eat caviar for lunch, that's not what we do. NYMC was founded by a Republican in 1860, a leftist by today's standards, on the grounds that every person deserves healthcare no matter their race, religion, creed, or ability to pay. We were one of the first schools to admit women to the class and graduated the first black woman in the 1870s. She was Valedictorian of that class. It's what we do. No person is an 'illegal alien', and if you believe that people can be illegal or don't deserve human rights, or that people should not receive treatment because they are underinsured, don't come here. You can crawl to the steps of a hospital within an inch of your life, and we'll treat you no matter who you are or your ability to pay. It's what we do."
Making me want to go there in person and BEG for an II now :cryi:

• Care

yup i never knew how amazing they were and then i interviewed and was genuinely shocked by how much i respected them and would be stoked to go there

• Love
Weekly check in lol...anyone heard back yet following II? Going on 6 weeks :oops:

Just got the WL 🤪 (interviewed 9/19), NY resident

Last edited:
  • Care
Accepted, suprised bc i BOMBED two of my stations

• Wow
if you are accepted, does anyone have any idea when they come out with scholarship/aid information?

Kinda silly if scholarship information comes in AFTER commit to enroll date

waitlisted, interviewed mid September. In state applicant. it's not over till it's over :/

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
so are they finished with extending interview invites for this school or no?

This is my only II, have it on Thursday. Praying to god I get the A

• Care
Reactions: 14 users